ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Birth Registration

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Dalton_Trumbo
Member of Standing
Ireland

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by Dalton_Trumbo » Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:08 pm

Celtic_Bee wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:04 pm
No tracking information was included in my "congrats" email. Just a statement saying the certificate had been printed and posted to me. I'm sure yours is on the way.
Haha, well it looks like I live in the only town where they actually did not leave it cause no one was there to sign for it. Oh well, I set it to be held for me to pick it up when I get back in a few days.

JohnFBR
Mood:

Post by JohnFBR » Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:21 pm

30 month wait and I missed the call today! 🙈
Hopefully tomorrow 🙏

JohnFBR
Mood:

Post by JohnFBR » Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:16 pm

JohnFBR wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:21 pm
Hopefully tomorrow 🙏
I got the call!!!

Feb 19th 2020 docs arrived!
4th August - Address check

Apple10

Post by Apple10 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:20 pm

Congratulations. 30 months is a looooong time wait. I admire your patience and hope you enjoy your new citizenship!

JohnFBR
Mood:

Post by JohnFBR » Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:02 pm

Apple10 wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:20 pm
Congratulations. 30 months is a looooong time wait. I admire your patience and hope you enjoy your new citizenship!
Thank you. I’m not sure I was very patient towards the end though.😝

If it’s of interest they call and ask you to clarify a couple of details. They said congratulations and then sent me the email to reply with the address confirmation.
I’ve seen from the Google doc it can be same day or a couple of weeks until the Congrsts email.

duffy1867

Post by duffy1867 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:21 pm

Congratulations John - I had the approval email the same day - so maybe tomorrow for you. Second email contained details of the future tracking number

tullgor
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by tullgor » Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:09 am

LeifRnR wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:34 pm
Gave FBR a call to check status this AM. On hold for about 8 minutes. Was told when application was received (8/14/18). He said it has not been processed and estimated could take 12 months. Also asked about changing address as we have sold our house in preparation for a move to Europe. Glad we made alternate plans and have applied for residency visa through Portugal. Have a strong feeling that will come first.
Hi LeifRnR - If you're still out there...I saw your post from a few years ago and I am also planning a move to Portugal. My FBR application docs were received in early October 2020 so I'm afraid I still have a long wait. I'm considering applying for a residency visa for my move to Portugal rather than waiting many more months for my FBR and Irish passport. Did you end up moving with the visa or your Irish passport and if you went on the visa, was it complicated to change your residency status in Portugal once your Irish citizenship came through?

Themag62
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Themag62 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:03 am

So today, 8/3/22 I received the congrats email your citizenship has been approved and sent by post.
Wondering how long it will take to be delivered to the west coast of US.
US people how long until you had documents in hand?

Hey, I can't find the spreadsheet to updated my info. Anyone have a link?

Themag62 wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:10 am
The day finally arrived!
Email application documents were received-February 17, 2020
Email application was about to be approved and address verification requested-7/21/2022

Replied to 7/21/2022 email on 7/22/2022 with bank statement showing change of address.

Thanks to all on this forum. It was a godsend.
Will post again when certificate is received.

Zanthus
Newly Registered

Post by Zanthus » Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:19 pm

Link to the spreadsheet:

J.

GoingBackBackToEire
Ireland

Post by GoingBackBackToEire » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:00 pm

This afternoon I made a pass through the FBR timelines Google Sheet and tried to fill in missing data where I could.
I got it from 138/283 (49%) to 154/287 (54%) complete.

My process went like this:

Starting at the top of the spreadsheet
Find an entry where the fields for Congrats email and FBR cert received fields are both blank.
Search for that username on this forum
Try to find a post with the data
If I find one, I update the field(s) and move on to the next one.

When I couldn't find any additional data, and the application date was long ago (before Feb 2020) and there was an entry for the address check, I highlighted the username in magenta (light magenta 3). These people probably have received their FBR. Maybe I'll ping them to ask for their date so their entry on the sheet can be closed out.

A few users posted that they did receive their FBR (sometimes in the passport tracking thread) but didn't include a date, so I put in a guesstimate of their FBR date. It's likely accurate to within 1-2 weeks.

There are a bunch of usernames that I couldn't find any posts from. Some could be typos, but most likely they are lurkers who never registered a username here. For these, I made a note in the notes column.

GoingBackBackToEire
Ireland

Post by GoingBackBackToEire » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:24 pm

IrishmanToBe wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:06 pm
Hi all. I'm (sort of) part of the April 2019 application club too.

Application sent: 29 March 2019
Email confirmation of receipt of application: 9 April 2019
Follow up queries sent to me: 9 March 2020
Additional requested information received in Ireland (according to Royal Mail recorded deliver): 27 March 2020
Hi IrishmanToBe,

Did you ever get your FBR cert?
If so, could you please provide the date so I can close out your entry in the FBR Timelines Google Sheet?

Thanks

GoingBackBackToEire
Ireland

Post by GoingBackBackToEire » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:26 pm

SuzN wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:27 pm
Hi, I received the email acknowledging receipt of documents on 12 June 2019.
Then today I had an email asking to provide 2 proofs of address. Is everyone asked to do that? I'm presuming it's because it's been so long since the application was put in but just wanted to check that it's standard.

Congrats to everyone who's already been registered and good luck to those who are waiting!
Hi SuzN,

Did you ever get your FBR cert?
If so, could you please provide the date so I can close out your entry in the FBR Timelines Google Sheet?

Dalton_Trumbo
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Dalton_Trumbo » Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:38 pm

JohnFBR wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:16 pm
JohnFBR wrote:
Hopefully tomorrow 🙏
I got the call!!!

Congrats John!! From my own and several other people I've seen the printing and mailing seems to be pretty quick at the moment. In my case it was less than 2 weeks.

JohnFBR
Mood:

Post by JohnFBR » Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:37 pm

Dalton_Trumbo wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:38 pm
JohnFBR wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:16 pm
JohnFBR wrote:
Hopefully tomorrow 🙏
I got the call!!!

Congrats John!! From my own and several other people I've seen the printing and mailing seems to be pretty quick at the moment. In my case it was less than 2 weeks.
Thank you. Hope you are right.
Is there a list of what’s needed for the passport?

Themag62
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Themag62 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:52 pm

Zanthus wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:19 pm
Link to the spreadsheet:

J.
Thanks for doing the update. Are there really people who received the Congrats email still waiting about 4 weeks out? Or have they not updated? I know that timeline is conditioned on how far the documents have to go, but I'm trying to get a sense.

GoingBackBackToEire
Ireland

Post by GoingBackBackToEire » Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:21 pm

Themag62 wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:52 pm
Thanks for doing the update. Are there really people who received the Congrats email still waiting about 4 weeks out? Or have they not updated? I know that timeline is conditioned on how far the documents have to go, but I'm trying to get a sense.
Column K shows the time from the congrats email to the cert, and the average is 0.5 months (2 weeks). There are a few outliers at 2.3, 4.8, and 5.4 weeks.
My guess is the most of the blanks over a month old simply haven't been updated.

GoingBackBackToEire
Ireland

Post by GoingBackBackToEire » Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:31 pm

I double checked, and those outliers were bad data. I fixed them in the spreadsheet.

The longest are in the 1.1 month range and the average is 0.3 months. So, a week or two.

MrMister2022
Newly Registered

Post by MrMister2022 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:23 am

rhughes wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:09 pm
Oops, yes. Corrected, what I wrote should read:

You had me worried, Sulla, so I contacted the Irish Foreign Birth Registration office myself at +353 1 671 1633. They answered within a minute.

Contrary to what you indicated, I was told that sending in my own *marriage* certificate is only necessary if it indicates a change of name. This totally makes sense to me as my birth certificate establishes my line of descent just as well as if I'd never married.

Back to waiting...
Hi rhughes, if you're still out there, can you confirm whether your marriage certificate was ever requested, when your FBR application was confirmed as successful, and how long the process took? (Including any delays related to potential missing marriage certificate?) Many thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:39 am

MrMister2022 wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:23 am
rhughes wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:09 pm
Oops, yes. Corrected, what I wrote should read:

You had me worried, Sulla, so I contacted the Irish Foreign Birth Registration office myself at +353 1 671 1633. They answered within a minute.

Contrary to what you indicated, I was told that sending in my own *marriage* certificate is only necessary if it indicates a change of name. This totally makes sense to me as my birth certificate establishes my line of descent just as well as if I'd never married.

Back to waiting...
Hi rhughes, if you're still out there, can you confirm whether your marriage certificate was ever requested, when your FBR application was confirmed as successful, and how long the process took? (Including any delays related to potential missing marriage certificate?) Many thanks.
The user was last logged into the forum in March 2020, so unlikely you will get a response.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Toby_fox57
Newly Registered

Post by Toby_fox57 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:12 am

Hi,
I am finally getting around to doing my FBR application and I am currently gathering the required documents.
However, I don’t seem to have my fathers (the Irish citizens) marriage certificate. It states that you need “ Original civil marriage certificate of Irish citizen parent (if applicable) OR other change of name document (if applicable)”.

If my fathers name didn’t change due to marriage, am I still required to provided the marriage certificate.

Mr_Knight
Mood:

Post by Mr_Knight » Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:49 am

Toby_fox57 wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:12 am
Hi,
I am finally getting around to doing my FBR application and I am currently gathering the required documents.
However, I don’t seem to have my fathers (the Irish citizens) marriage certificate. It states that you need “ Original civil marriage certificate of Irish citizen parent (if applicable) OR other change of name document (if applicable)”.

If my fathers name didn’t change due to marriage, am I still required to provided the marriage certificate.
Yes. It doesnt have to be the exact same physical document that your parent signed. It can be the official document that you can get from the GRO website so long as you know the parents name, when & where the marriage was registered.

Dalton_Trumbo
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Dalton_Trumbo » Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:52 pm

Final update here:

Online Application: Jan 29, 2020
Documents Received: Feb 14, 2020
Address Confirmation: July 8, 2022
Congratulations Email: July 26,2022
FBR cert received: August 8, 2022

Thanks for all the help and support this group has provided over the last year. I was so fortunate to find this board.

Good luck to all of you still waiting!

Slainte,
Dalton

JohnFBR
Mood:

Post by JohnFBR » Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:51 pm

Dalton_Trumbo wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:52 pm
Final update here:

Thanks for all the help and support this group has provided over the last year. I was so fortunate to find this board.

Slainte,
Dalton
Congrats Dalton! 👊

Dalton_Trumbo
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Dalton_Trumbo » Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:43 am

JohnFBR wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:51 pm
Dalton_Trumbo wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:52 pm
Final update here:

Slainte,
Dalton
Congrats Dalton! 👊
Thanks John, see you over on the Passport thread soon ;)

morgendorffer
Newly Registered

Post by morgendorffer » Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:09 pm

Hello.

I just joined to add my name to the list of people waiting the long wait.
I've been reading the updates on here for ages now.

I procrastinated and procrastinated with getting all the documents required for my application. I had started before COVID, but didn't submit my online application until January 2022 and didn't send off the documents until March 2022.

I'm a bit nervous about an elongated wait as I wasn't able to get hold of a photocopy of my mum's passport due to estrangement from that whole side of the family. Way back when I first started looking into doing this I called up asking if this would be a problem and was advised to submit an application with a simple covering letter explaining the circumstances. There seems to be conflicting opinions on whether that will be actually acceptable or not on here, but that's what I did anyway.

I'm eligible through both my grandparents on my mother's side. My grandad passed away before I was born, included all the necessary documents for him. My grandma is in the care of my mum, so was not able to get a copy of her passport (which is likely expired), but submitted the rest of her documents anyway as 'extra support' - not sure if that will help or not.

I guess I'll be hearing in March 2024 sometime. Sigh.

Online Application: January 17, 2022
Documents Received: March 21, 2022
Address Confirmation: ***
Congratulations Email: ***
FBR cert received: ***