ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

extending tier 4 student visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

monijay
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

extending tier 4 student visa

Post by monijay » Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:18 pm

Hi,
Due to paying the fees late by a few weeks, I was not able to register to finish my third and final year and they said I have to interrupt my course and go back to India and join back in September 2022. This really disturbed me as many others in my course paid late too and some after me, yet they were registered onto the course and i was singled out by a person at the international desk who told me i have to go back to my country and come back next year.

The university notified UKVI in December 2021 that they are withdrawing their sponsorship and I have not received my curtailment letter yet. I have checked with UKVI, and there's no outcome so no curtailment letter has been issued till date. I am still in the UK trying to sort my education and visa future.

I received an email in December that I can apply for a CAS letter in June to join back in September again. So I requested for a CAS on 1st of June 2022 and they emailed back 10 weeks after asking if I have left the country and if not to provide a valid visa. I emailed the University with the reply but they aren't replying back and when I call, they aren't giving me any answer so I don't know if my idea (below) is a viable solution for me.

I wanted to ask if its possible for the university to contact UKVI, telling them they want to cancel the withdrawment of my sponsorship (so I'm sponsored by my university again) so I can extend my tier 4 visa and join the university again in September 2022 to finish my final year.

Is this a possible solution? I read in a forum that someone had done this and it worked but I wanted to make sure.

Thanks so much,
Monica P

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: extending tier 4 student visa

Post by sah10406 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:08 pm

monijay wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:18 pm
I wanted to ask if its possible for the university to contact UKVI, telling them they want to cancel the withdrawment of my sponsorship (so I'm sponsored by my university again) so I can extend my tier 4 visa and join the university again in September 2022 to finish my final year.
It doesn't matter. Any new application can only be made in your home country anyway. This is due to the rules around academic progression. That's why the university has said they can only issue a CAS when you show proof that you have returned to your home country.

What's more, regardless of whether your current visa has been curtailed, having just stayed in the UK for almost a year on this visa without engaging with your studies could in itself be a problem for the new application. With you having chosen to do that, your university could have decided not to issue a new CAS at all, even if you did go home. You are lucky they are being more generous than that.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: extending tier 4 student visa

Post by Djsuccess » Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:00 pm

monijay wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:18 pm
Hi,
Due to paying the fees late by a few weeks, I was not able to register to finish my third and final year and they said I have to interrupt my course and go back to India and join back in September 2022. This really disturbed me as many others in my course paid late too and some after me, yet they were registered onto the course and i was singled out by a person at the international desk who told me i have to go back to my country and come back next year.

The university notified UKVI in December 2021 that they are withdrawing their sponsorship and I have not received my curtailment letter yet. I have checked with UKVI, and there's no outcome so no curtailment letter has been issued till date. I am still in the UK trying to sort my education and visa future.

I received an email in December that I can apply for a CAS letter in June to join back in September again. So I requested for a CAS on 1st of June 2022 and they emailed back 10 weeks after asking if I have left the country and if not to provide a valid visa. I emailed the University with the reply but they aren't replying back and when I call, they aren't giving me any answer so I don't know if my idea (below) is a viable solution for me.

Is this a possible solution? I read in a forum that someone had done this and it worked but I wanted to make sure.

Thanks so much,
Monica P
You are likely to be categorised as an overstayer, having stayed in the UK for almost one year (1.) without active academic activity on which your original visa was issued (2.) your original visa would have probably expired now so it doesn't matter if it was curtailed then or not. (3.) How can you prove that you have not been working illegally to support yourself while without a visa?
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.