ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Citizen non EU Spouse, EU TR Visa Application - Directive 2004/38/EC (Free Movement Directive)

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

weiyiqiu
China

EEA Citizen non EU Spouse, EU TR Visa Application - Directive 2004/38/EC (Free Movement Directive)

Post by weiyiqiu » Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:12 pm

HI Everyone,

My husband is French and currently working in Ireland. I am Chinese Citizen would like to join him asap in Ireland. I applied visa under Directive 2004/38/EC (Free Movement Directive) on August 1st 2022 in Beijing Embassy. I spoke to Beijing Embassy today, they said to me "It is a EUTR application which need to be processed by EUTR department in Dublin, a decision will be made by Dublin in due course." Does anyone has similar experience about how soon Dublin office will make decision on this visa? Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Weiyi

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: EEA Citizen non EU Spouse, EU TR Visa Application - Directive 2004/38/EC (Free Movement Directive)

Post by littlerr » Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:46 pm

Two weeks for this guy ireland/visa-application-transferred-fr ... 30385.html, so I assume your application should take similar amount of time.

weiyiqiu
China

Re: EEA Citizen non EU Spouse, EU TR Visa Application - Directive 2004/38/EC (Free Movement Directive)

Post by weiyiqiu » Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:20 pm

littlerr wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:46 pm
Two weeks for this guy ireland/visa-application-transferred-fr ... 30385.html, so I assume your application should take similar amount of time.
Thank you so much for replying! I called EU Treaty Right Office in Dublin office, the operator pick up the phone said EU TR Visa could be reviewed from 2months to 6months. I was very shocked.

If anyone has similar please share with me. :) I don't want to separate from husband too long...

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:57 pm

Unfortunately it is possible to take that long. We have seen people who have waited for 3 months to get a visa. Some cases are simply quicker or slower than others and sometimes we just don’t know why. All I can say is it shouldn’t take that long for an average person with no adverse immigration history.

littlejunkie
Newly Registered
India

Post by littlejunkie » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:16 am

I don't know why it is taking so long as Join Family Visas of spouse of non EEA National are decided in 2 weeks. The EU should act because these types of Visas are decided on an accelerated basis and 6 months is not accelerated basis. Just have to check marriage certificate. And if an European marriage certificate is provided, will the visas be processed fast.

I know some people are waiting for 4 months

weiyiqiu
China

Post by weiyiqiu » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:17 am

I totally agree with you! Hopefully I can receive my soon. I will update here :)

weiyiqiu
China

Post by weiyiqiu » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:17 am

littlejunkie wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:16 am
I don't know why it is taking so long as Join Family Visas of spouse of non EEA National are decided in 2 weeks. The EU should act because these types of Visas are decided on an accelerated basis and 6 months is not accelerated basis. Just have to check marriage certificate. And if an European marriage certificate is provided, will the visas be processed fast.

I know some people are waiting for 4 months
I totally agree with you. I will update here if I receive mine... Hopefully soon!

littlejunkie
Newly Registered
India

Post by littlejunkie » Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:07 am

weiyiqiu wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:12 pm
HI Everyone,

My husband is French and currently working in Ireland. I am Chinese Citizen would like to join him asap in Ireland. I applied visa under Directive 2004/38/EC (Free Movement Directive) on August 1st 2022 in Beijing Embassy. I spoke to Beijing Embassy today, they said to me "It is a EUTR application which need to be processed by EUTR department in Dublin, a decision will be made by Dublin in due course." Does anyone has similar experience about how soon Dublin office will make decision on this visa? Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Weiyi
Did you submit Your husband's original passport along with the application?

weiyiqiu
China

Post by weiyiqiu » Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:43 am

littlejunkie wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:07 am
weiyiqiu wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:12 pm
HI Everyone,

Best regards,
Weiyi
Did you submit Your husband's original passport along with the application?
Yes I did. I submit all of the required documents in China Beijing Embassy Irish Website. https://www.dfa.ie/zh/aierlandashiguan/ ... ian-zheng/

littlejunkie
Newly Registered
India

Post by littlejunkie » Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:48 am

[/quote]

Yes I did. I submit all of the required documents in China Beijing Embassy Irish Website. https://www.dfa.ie/zh/aierlandashiguan/ ... ian-zheng/
[/quote]

It says only copy of EU National passport is required? Just wanted to confirm as I hear the consulates accept coloured copy also

weiyiqiu
China

Post by weiyiqiu » Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:19 am

littlejunkie wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:48 am
[/quote]

It says only copy of EU National passport is required? Just wanted to confirm as I hear the consulates accept coloured copy also
[/quote]

I only provided photo copy of my husband (EEA citizen)'s passport.

littlejunkie
Newly Registered
India

Post by littlejunkie » Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:52 pm

weiyiqiu wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:19 am
littlejunkie wrote:
I see in your other thread that you submitted your EUTR 1 application. So you got the Visa? How long did it take? When did you submit the Visa Application and when did you receive a decision? Appreciate your response

[/quote]

[/quote]

weiyiqiu
China

Post by weiyiqiu » Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:05 pm

littlejunkie wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:52 pm
weiyiqiu wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:19 am
littlejunkie wrote:
I see in your other thread that you submitted your EUTR 1 application. So you got the Visa? How long did it take? When did you submit the Visa Application and when did you receive a decision? Appreciate your response

[/quote]
[/quote]

Hi there! I got the visa. It took 2 weeks. After 2 weeks I submitted the visa application in Beijing Embassy, the decision was made in Dublin and I got my passport back.

Copy of EU national passport is required. Black white or colored copy are acceptable. Also you need to provide EU spouse work employment proof in Ireland and your relationship proof as well.

Bests!