ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Renewal of Stamp 1G while waiting for temp stamp 4

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

CatBrom
Canada

Renewal of Stamp 1G while waiting for temp stamp 4

Post by CatBrom » Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:54 am

I am hoping someone can help me. I submitted my EU1A application at the beginning of July and I am waiting for temporary permissions. But it’s not confirmed I’ll receive those or when. I do need to work though, and my current permissions (Stamp 1G based on Third Level Graduate Scheme) expires at the beginning of October. Can I renew my 1G while I wait? Or should I send a letter to Treaty Rights asking for an update? Or do I even have to worry, do temp permissions take long to receive after initial submission? I’m also getting married to my British partner the day my 1G expires and I am unsure how that will affect my application.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Renewal of Stamp 1G while waiting for temp stamp 4

Post by littlerr » Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:43 pm

If you are eligible to renew your 1G (i.e. you have a Masters or PhD, and you have not spent 7 years on student related permissions), you should renew it.

If you want to save the 300 euro registration fee, you can wait till the last day before you renew it, just in case your temporary permission comes before that (and it should come before that), as EUTR permissions are free. However, that also means it is possible that you may not get a new IRP card in time to travel abroad, especially if you have any travel plans for November or December.

CatBrom
Canada

Post by CatBrom » Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:46 pm

I should probably just renew it then. If I get my temp permission in the interim, what is the process for handing in my stamp 1G, or do I need to?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:55 pm

You just apply for a new renewal the same way. Just select a different renewal stamp and reason. I think the online portal doesn’t allow you to put an expiry date further than 3 months, so you just need to put some random dates in there.

CatBrom
Canada

Post by CatBrom » Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:13 pm

I’m under the three months now for the Stamp 1G, but I need to wait for my new passport, so many roadblocks. But I guess what I was asking was if I have to do anything when I get a temp stamp 4 if I have a stamp 1G renewal in the process or do I just have to email them for a change in status?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:37 pm

If you need to create a new Stamp 4 application while the 1G application is still in progress, you can simply mention your 1G application reference number in the notes section of your Stamp 4 application and ask them not to proceed with it.

CatBrom
Canada

Post by CatBrom » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:33 am

I want my stamp 4 though, as it is from my EU1A application. My stamp 1G (a renewal from my third level graduate scheme stamp) is just a stopgap so I can keep working. So if I get my Stamp 1G renewed and then I get my temporary stamp 4, I just need to know the process for what I do with my stamp 1G.

CatBrom
Canada

Post by CatBrom » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:34 am

I apologise, I misread what you had wrote there. If I get my Stamp 1G renewed and then my stamp 4, is that a case of emailing for a change in permissions?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:01 am

No. You simply create a new application.

If you live in Dublin, the process is entirely online. You simply choose to renew your permission. In the renewal reason, you just choose EUTR. It doesn’t matter whether your current stamp (1G) is different from what you are ‘renewing’.

CatBrom
Canada

Post by CatBrom » Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:50 am

Interesting. I know in the past that temp permissions were just going to the INIS at Burgh Quay to get a stamp in your passport and people didn’t get a card.

weiyiqiu
China

Post by weiyiqiu » Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:51 am

CatBrom wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:54 am
I am hoping someone can help me. I submitted my EU1A application at the beginning of July and I am waiting for temporary permissions. But it’s not confirmed I’ll receive those or when. I do need to work though, and my current permissions (Stamp 1G based on Third Level Graduate Scheme) expires at the beginning of October. Can I renew my 1G while I wait? Or should I send a letter to Treaty Rights asking for an update? Or do I even have to worry, do temp permissions take long to receive after initial submission? I’m also getting married to my British partner the day my 1G expires and I am unsure how that will affect my application.
Have you received your acknowledgment letter for EU1A application?

CatBrom
Canada

Post by CatBrom » Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:21 am

I emailed them to see if they received it, and they have, but they have not sent me the acknowledgment letter. I assumed that with the acknowledgment letter I get the temporary permissions…hence my concerns about timing.

CatBrom
Canada

Post by CatBrom » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:19 am

Sort of an update/question? I was under the impression I could still work while my Stamp 1G was in the process of getting renewed but it looks like that advice was for back in May. But now I am unsure if that is the case. I am asking my employer because I really can’t lose my job right now but does anyone know if this is still the current advice?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:19 am

You are allowed to continue doing your current activity in the state so long as you can show that you have made a new application before the expiry of your current permission, and that your current permission allows you to do that.

CatBrom
Canada

Post by CatBrom » Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:47 pm

Thanks! That is what I thought but I wasn’t sure.