ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching to Global Talent Visa after 3+ years on Tier 2

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

RowanDrive
Newly Registered
Lebanon

Switching to Global Talent Visa after 3+ years on Tier 2

Post by RowanDrive » Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:42 am

Hi

I have been on Tier 2 visa for over 3 years, and I am thinking of applying for endorsment to the Global Talent visa as an Exceptional leader. The guidance said that if granted, I would elligible for ILR in 3 years, but also that I can include time spent on Tie 2 to count for these 3 years.

What does this mean in my case? If I get endorsed, do I apply for the Global Talent visa, and once granted I am automatically elligible for ILR?

The guidance is not clear, so it would be nice if someone has gone through the same thing can explain what happens.

Thanks!

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Switching to Global Talent Visa after 3+ years on Tier 2

Post by manci » Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:55 pm

RowanDrive wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:42 am
have been on Tier 2 visa for over 3 years,

The guidance said that if granted, I would elligible for ILR in 3 years, but also that I can include time spent on Tie 2 to count for these 3 years.

What does this mean in my case? If I get endorsed, do I apply for the Global Talent visa, and once granted I am automatically elligible for ILR?
Yes, unless you are endorsed in the exceptional promise category which requires 5 years residence for ILR
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

RowanDrive
Newly Registered
Lebanon

Post by RowanDrive » Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:26 pm

Thanks manci! appreciate it.

It is a bit non-sensical in this case that I have to apply for a GTV, get it and then become eligible for ILR immediately, given that the requierments for the GTV are only a subset of the ILR.

It feels like I should need to get the endorsement (stage 1) before proceeding immediately for the ILR.

Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:28 pm

It feels like I should need to get the endorsement (stage 1) before proceeding immediately for the ILR.
It doesn't work like. Endorsement is not a visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

RowanDrive
Newly Registered
Lebanon

Post by RowanDrive » Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:44 pm

I know it doesn't. It sounds a bit redundant is all I am saying, given that:

- I don't need to pay IHS as my current Tier 2 visa, for which IHS was paid, is valid until July 2024
- I will automatically become eligible for ILR after getting it.
- AFAIK, the endorsement is the single non-standard requierment for the Tier 1 visa. The other requierments are quite easy (specially when compared with ILR)

anonvtic
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by anonvtic » Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:00 pm

manci wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:55 pm
RowanDrive wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:42 am
have been on Tier 2 visa for over 3 years,

The guidance said that if granted, I would elligible for ILR in 3 years, but also that I can include time spent on Tie 2 to count for these 3 years.

Yes, unless you are endorsed in the exceptional promise category which requires 5 years residence for ILR
Exceptional promise endorsed by one of the science bodies (royal society, royal academy of engineering etc) are still just 3 years for ILR eligibility. Tech nation exceptional promise endorsement requires 5 year wait before becoming eligible for ILR.

anonvtic
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by anonvtic » Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:03 pm

RowanDrive wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:44 pm
I know it doesn't. It sounds a bit redundant is all I am saying, given that:

- I don't need to pay IHS as my current Tier 2 visa, for which IHS was paid, is valid until July 2024
- I will automatically become eligible for ILR after getting it.
- AFAIK, the endorsement is the single non-standard requierment for the Tier 1 visa. The other requierments are quite easy (specially when compared with ILR)
If you are interested in this route, you need to apply for endorsement for stage 1 of the GTV process. If endorsed, then you'll make a stage 2 immigration application for the GTV, and pay the IHS dependent on the number of years you have asked for the visa. After completing the eligible number of years under GTV (which can include all the time spent on Tier 2), you can submit your ILR application.