ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

GTV or SWV?

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sallyaprilmay
Newly Registered

GTV or SWV?

Post by sallyaprilmay » Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:40 pm

Hi everyone,

I recently completed my PhD and started a new job in a university in the UK. I'm currently on a Graduate Visa and there is a possibility to switch to a different visa (e.g., SWV or GTV) afterwards. However, I've been doing some research on different visas and I'm a bit lost atm and was wondering if you could provide some suggestions:

So my ultimate goal is to get the ILR and:

I have been living in the Uk for five years on a student visa and my job post is three years, which will add up to 8 years once I've completed the job (on either on Graduate Visa or SWV or GTV). I still have 2 years to go to qualify for the 10 year ILR route. The Global Talent Visa, on the other hand, seems more appealing. But since my job is neither in a Science field nor it is funded by UKRI, I still need 5 years to get ILR, which means that I still need to fill the 2-year gap after completing the current job post. In this sense, it doesn't seem to make much difference whether or not I switch to SWV/GTV? If so, should I just stick with Graduate Visa for now? I would like to hear your insights on this... Thank you very much!

tttttt
Newly Registered
Russia

Re: GTV or SWV?

Post by tttttt » Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:10 am

If I were you I would apply for GTV only in case you have a strong case and you are quite sure that you will get it. Otherwise, it might be waste of time and money I guess.
I am also trying to decide now whether would be worth applying for GTV or SWV. But I've lived in the UK only for 4 years and I work in science so it would be very useful for me.