ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British citizen for Romanian visa. Help

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

NBH22
Newly Registered

British citizen for Romanian visa. Help

Post by NBH22 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:38 pm

Hi Everyone,

I would really appreciate anybody's advice as I am completely stuck and panicking here.

I am UK citizen who has been studying a 6 year course in Romania. Before brexit, there were no visa requirements. Once covid happen, I returned to the UK and resumed my studies online until face to face sessions were reinstated.

I returned to Romania in March 2021 without a visa and completed by exams in June 2022. No visa was required as I was allowed a 90 day stay. However, due to a postponement of one of my exams, I overstayed my visa by a few days. I felt Romania with no problem once I explained my situation at the border.

I returned to the UK in July 2022 and applied for a long term student visa through the Romanian embassy in London as I had a further 2 weeks remaining on my course for which I have to return to Romania and do exams in September 2022.

Yesterday, I got a reply from the visa office saying the have rejected my visa. I submitted all the required documents and I just don't understand why. The reason they give for rejection is "due to article 45 paragraph 2, letter a) point vii) from EOG nr.194/2002 regarding the regime of foreigners in Romania"

I have no idea what this means and the office is not very fortcoming. I am not sure what to do now.

Is there any way around this? Is there any other way I can enter Romania? Do you know of anyone that I can approach for help and advice?

Without a solution, I won't be able to pass my degree until next year.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: British citizen for Romanian visa. Help

Post by Ticktack » Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:08 pm

NBH22 wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:38 pm
Hi Everyone,

I would really appreciate anybody's advice as I am completely stuck and panicking here.

I am UK citizen who has been studying a 6 year course in Romania. Before brexit, there were no visa requirements. Once covid happen, I returned to the UK and resumed my studies online until face to face sessions were reinstated.

I returned to Romania in March 2021 without a visa and completed by exams in June 2022. No visa was required as I was allowed a 90 day stay. However, due to a postponement of one of my exams, I overstayed my visa by a few days. I felt Romania with no problem once I explained my situation at the border.

I returned to the UK in July 2022 and applied for a long term student visa through the Romanian embassy in London as I had a further 2 weeks remaining on my course for which I have to return to Romania and do exams in September 2022.

Yesterday, I got a reply from the visa office saying the have rejected my visa. I submitted all the required documents and I just don't understand why. The reason they give for rejection is "due to article 45 paragraph 2, letter a) point vii) from EOG nr.194/2002 regarding the regime of foreigners in Romania"

I have no idea what this means and the office is not very fortcoming. I am not sure what to do now.

Is there any way around this? Is there any other way I can enter Romania? Do you know of anyone that I can approach for help and advice?

Without a solution, I won't be able to pass my degree until next year.
It might be a bit extra useful if you type out the full contents of the rejection letter. Take note to remove all personal identifiers.

One might then be able to look at the full picture in depth.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

secret.simon

Re: British citizen for Romanian visa. Help

Post by secret.simon » Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:00 pm

This advice may be a bit too late, but as you were resident in Romania before Brexit, you should be protected under the Withdrawal Agreement, which gave rights to residents before Brexit.

Rather than looking at student visas, I think you should look at what are the requirements for the pre-Brexit British residents of Romania and making sure that you have documentation of your residence in Romania as a UK citizen before Brexit.

You may need assistance from forums or even lawyers in Romania itself.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.