ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Skilled Worker Visa Update and Notice Period

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ska_abbas

Skilled Worker Visa Update and Notice Period

Post by ska_abbas » Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:27 am

Hi,

I have received visa update approval email from HO yesterday and although my new CoS from new employer states that sponsorship period starts from 1 Aug. The online immigration status says that visa has been updated beginning 22 July.

The next week 25 July to 29 July is my last working week with my current employer and I will join my new role on 1 Aug, as per the CoS.

Can I ask if this period between 22-31 July, while I am working with my current employer, would that cause any issues with new CoS?

Thanks

vinny

Re: Skilled Worker Visa Update and Notice Period

Post by vinny » Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:50 am

I think it’s okay under SW 18.2.
(e) working out a contractual notice period is permitted, for a job the applicant was lawfully working in on the date of application; and
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ska_abbas

Post by ska_abbas » Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:53 am

Thank you for prompt reply.

I just noticed this on the email that was received yesterday

"If you were lawfully working in the UK in a different job when you made this application for leave to remain, you may work out any contractual notice period for that job."

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:03 am

Thanks for confirming.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Sourabh
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sourabh » Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:05 pm

ska_abbas, have you received your BRP or just the decision letter. I have received decision letter, but waiting for BRP and was thinking about letting current employer know about quiting.
How do you prove your right to work for new employer? (if you haven't received your new BRP yet). Or is it not required?

ska_abbas

Post by ska_abbas » Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:32 am

I am still waiting for the BRP. I phone up TNT (courier company) who manage the delivery of BRPs through Royal Mail. They didnt have anything on their system until yesterday and asked to wait for another day or two.

In terms of proving your right to work to the employer visit https://www.gov.uk/view-prove-immigration-status and look for the following;

"There are different services for you to prove your right to work to an employer and to prove your right to rent to a landlord."

you should be able to prove your right to work to employer using the link embedded.

Kingsolo
Newly Registered

Post by Kingsolo » Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:13 pm

Hi mate, please I've applied to switch from a dependant to a skilled worker and home office asked me to provide my English proficiency which I did last month on the 10th of July but up to date have not heard anything from Home Office and my application was priority . Please any advice?

Aig487

Post by Aig487 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:26 pm

Kingsolo wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:13 pm
Hi mate, please I've applied to switch from a dependant to a skilled worker and home office asked me to provide my English proficiency which I did last month on the 10th of July but up to date have not heard anything from Home Office and my application was priority . Please any advice?
Hi, i submitted my Skilled worker visa with Priority Service on the 5th of July. On the 11th of July they asked for the police registration certificate. I added it. Haven't heard anything from this time. You are not alone😂😂😂😂we are in the same situation

Aig487

Post by Aig487 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:23 pm

Hi,
Received the decision yesterday 18.08.2022, submitted my Skilled worker visa with Priority Service on the 5th of July. Almost 7 weeks in total.

abdul2110
Newly Registered

Post by abdul2110 » Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:57 am

did you apply prioirtuy or standard and which city did you apply from in london or outside?

ska_abbas

Post by ska_abbas » Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:54 am

abdul2110 wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:57 am
did you apply prioirtuy or standard and which city did you apply from in london or outside?
I applied on standard service and used the online app to verify the ID, so I never had to go to the UKVAC.

Got reply in exact 8 weeks.