ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is this allowed/legal under HO rules?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

DrNancy
Newly Registered

Is this allowed/legal under HO rules?

Post by DrNancy » Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:24 pm

Hello,
I have resigned from a job which I was sponsored on a tier 2, 3 months ago. Currently, I am still chasing up my new potential employer for a promised sponsorship. I have just received my curtailment letter a week ago.
Taking that into context, my spouse and I are getting married in a couple of days. After that, I could theoretically apply for a spouse visa, which will still be in the timeframe of 60 days after curtailment.
Is it allowed under HO rules to apply for the spouse visa, then? (Given that four months has passed since I resigned to the time I am applying for the spouse visa). Will there be any complications in the application?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Is this allowed/legal under HO rules?

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:32 pm

my spouse and I are getting married in a couple of days.

Have you already given notice to marry and received approval from UKVI to marry?
After that, I could theoretically apply for a spouse visa, which will still be in the timeframe of 60 days after curtailment.
Is it allowed under HO rules to apply for the spouse visa, then? (Given that four months has passed since I resigned to the time I am applying for the spouse visa). Will there be any complications in the application?
If the answer to my first question is yes, then you can apply for a spouse visa if you meet the financial and English requirements before the end of the curtailment period.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

DrNancy
Newly Registered

Post by DrNancy » Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:39 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:32 pm

Have you already given notice to marry and received approval from UKVI to marry?
After that, I could theoretically apply for a spouse visa, which will still be in the timeframe of 60 days after curtailment.
If the answer to my first question is yes, then you can apply for a spouse visa if you meet the financial and English requirements before the end of the curtailment period.
Thank you @CR001.
I have the approval from UKVI.

I have taken an IELTS, passed with C2 at the start of 2020, which I have used for my previous tier 2 application. (it's over 2 years, so it's now expired). Do I still need to take another English language test?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:36 pm

DrNancy wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:39 pm
CR001 wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:32 pm

Thank you @CR001.
I have the approval from UKVI.

I have taken an IELTS, passed with C2 at the start of 2020, which I have used for my previous tier 2 application. (it's over 2 years, so it's now expired). Do I still need to take another English language test?
The English test can be reused if provider still on HOs approved list.