ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overseas Domestic workers

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gmuralik

Overseas Domestic workers

Post by gmuralik » Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:58 pm

Hi Group

I wanted to know how can i bring Overseas Domestic Worker from India?
Do we need to submit any letters with 'Domestic worker' sginature. What are the proof required to get this visa?

I needed to get a person. If any of you bought a person under this visa category, please share your experiences and any letters that you had prepared.

Thanks in advance for all the help.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:16 pm

Are you trying to bring over the domestic worker you already employ in India or a new person?

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:46 am

I daresay he wants to bring his manservant or maid with him! Unique thread. Deserves award.

Perhaps a servant would qualify as some sort of strange sub-species of dependent? :D

Markie

Re: Overseas Domestic workers

Post by Markie » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:57 pm

check this one.
gmuralik wrote:Hi Group

I wanted to know how can i bring Overseas Domestic Worker from India?
Do we need to submit any letters with 'Domestic worker' sginature. What are the proof required to get this visa?

I needed to get a person. If any of you bought a person under this visa category, please share your experiences and any letters that you had prepared.

Thanks in advance for all the help.

gmuralik

Post by gmuralik » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:04 pm

Thanks for the all the responses.
To be honest she is a new person, never used to work back in India at my home.I saw the visas website and found that i need to show them that she was working at my home. I am not quite sure if i show some document with her signature would help(the letter contain that we will take care of domestic worker in UK and provide all the proofs of bank statements, etc).

Please let me know if this is sufficent?

Thank you once again.

Markie

Post by Markie » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:08 pm

if you are applying for overseas domestic help then you need to provide proof that this person has worked in your household within the last 12 months otherwise your application will be denied.
gmuralik wrote:Thanks for the all the responses.
To be honest she is a new person, never used to work back in India at my home.I saw the visas website and found that i need to show them that she was working at my home. I am not quite sure if i show some document with her signature would help(the letter contain that we will take care of domestic worker in UK and provide all the proofs of bank statements, etc).

Thank you once again.

gmuralik

Post by gmuralik » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:30 am

Thanks. What is the proof that i need show them? Consider for regular maids in India, no one provide with payslip, etc. Should be a word document sufficent showing that this person has worked in our house for last 12 months? I am not quite sure what are proof that they ask?

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:33 am

gmuralik wrote:Thanks. What is the proof that i need show them? Consider for regular maids in India, no one provide with payslip, etc. Should be a word document sufficent showing that this person has worked in our house for last 12 months? I am not quite sure what are proof that they ask?
You said she is a new person and hasn't worked for you, so are you asking what fake documents you should provide?

Ignoring that for one minute...

"You have been working as a domestic worker in the same house as your employer for at least one year immediately before your application, or you have been working in a household that your employer uses regularly for themselves for at least one year immediately before your application "

Other posts suggest you've been in the UK for the last year so may not be able to meet this criteria anyway.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:48 am

gmuralik wrote:Thanks for the all the responses.

Thank you once again.
If you are going to use deception to bring this person into the UK then you and she will suffer the consequences. If this little scheme gets spotted before she is granted entry clearance she will get refused. If it comes to light once she arrives she will be removed and potentially you could lose your right to remain in the UK. This is a form of facilitation which is a serious immigration offence so you are more than likely to be prosecuted then deported back to India.

John

Post by John » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:01 pm

Thank you Frontier Mole for posting that, and thus drawing this topic to my attention.

The Terms and Conditions of this Board include :-
There can be no 'discussion' or 'advice' regarding how to engage in illegal activities (such as but not limited to: how to illegally acquire copyrighted material, work permits, visas, passports or other documents), and no links to websites providing such information.
Accordingly I now say .... topic closed.
John