ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Application Question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Haadiz

Naturalisation Application Question

Post by Haadiz » Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:29 pm

Hello, I hope you all keeping well.

Since I have delayed the Naturalization application but still in time. I am submitting two applications in a row including my wife. I would like to take some expert advise in regards to the following sections in the application form;

1. Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?, I am in the UK since 2003, started my journey as student, however, I have been given Tier 1 Visa back in 2013 (Applied from Abroad) and ILR was approved in 2020. Do I have to provide info of all my previous immigration applications starting from 2003 or from the year when I received my first Tier 1 visa in 2013?

2. Referee's , My referee is the head teacher who provided me the signed form back in April 2022. Can I still use them or do I have to request for new form with recent date on it? We are on school holiday's and I might not be able to reach him until September. FYI, he is fully aware of this declaration, just in case HO may contact him. Please advise

3. Please confirm that Life in the UK test has no expiry date?

4. My wife has B1 certificate, this was use during her ILR application in 2019. Is this certificate valid for 2 years or she can still use for Naturalization?

5. Do I have to provide any proof of address?

Your prompt expert advise will be much appreciated.

Many Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Naturalisation Application Question

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:44 pm

Haadiz wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:29 pm

Since I have delayed the Naturalization application but still in time. I am submitting two applications in a row including my wife. I would like to take some expert advise in regards to the following sections in the application form;
There is no time out for naturalisation, one can apply any time you can demonstrate that you qualify - it's not an immigration application!

1. Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?, I am in the UK since 2003, started my journey as student, however, I have been given Tier 1 Visa back in 2013 (Applied from Abroad) and ILR was approved in 2020. Do I have to provide info of all my previous immigration applications starting from 2003 or from the year when I received my first Tier 1 visa in 2013?
Yes - all applications - provide as many details as you can.

2. Referee's , My referee is the head teacher who provided me the signed form back in April 2022. Can I still use them or do I have to request for new form with recent date on it? We are on school holiday's and I might not be able to reach him until September. FYI, he is fully aware of this declaration, just in case HO may contact him. Please advise
OK. Referees are not normally contacted.

Correct - LITUK doesn't expire.

4. My wife has B1 certificate, this was use during her ILR application in 2019. Is this certificate valid for 2 years or she can still use for Naturalization?
You select the option "used for ILR" - the certificate may expire but if you used it for ILR it's ok.

No.

We try our best,most of us have been through the journey and volunteer our knowledge gained.
Many Thanks
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Haadiz

Post by Haadiz » Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:01 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:44 pm
Haadiz wrote:

There is no time out for naturalisation, one can apply any time you can demonstrate that you qualify - it's not an immigration application!

You select the option "used for ILR" - the certificate may expire but if you used it for ILR it's ok.

No.

We try our best,most of us have been through the journey and volunteer our knowledge gained.
Many Thanks
Thank you so much for your advise in out of hours.

Quick conclusion for referee, so am I good to go with the referee form I have in hands at the moment which was signed and dated in April 2022

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:12 pm

Yes referee form for professional should be fine - you need a second referee of course.

Note we are volunteers and help when/if we have time and can address a query.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

Haadiz

Post by Haadiz » Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:41 am

Haadiz wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:01 pm
alterhase58 wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:44 pm
Haadiz wrote:

No.

Many Thanks
Thank you so much for your advise in out of hours.

Quick conclusion for referee, so am I good to go with the referee form I have in hands at the moment which was signed and dated in April 2022
Thank you for your support. As per above point 4;

I have checked the application form, only asking, have you pass the english language test etc. but it does not show any option that have previously used for ILR. I am not being able to find this option, please help

Thank you

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:44 am

Not sure about the sequence of option.
Clearly test was passed so "yes" is probably the best option, there may/will be further options after that. If all else fails explain further in a cover note.

Haadiz

Post by Haadiz » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:21 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:44 am
Clearly test was passed so "yes" is probably the best option, there may/will be further options after that. If all else fails explain further in a cover note.
I have checked again but cannot see any option that link my B1 certificate with my previous application for ILR. Instead, I have written this statement as cover note, please advise, if this is ok or do I have to provide any reference with paragraph or section number according to the HO rules?

As per the guide AN Naturalization Booklet, under the paragraph “Knowledge of Language Requirement” If you have successfully made an application for indefinite leave to remain on the basis of a B1 level qualification, you would meet the English language requirement for naturalisation and do not have to pass another test.

Please be informed, I meet the English requirement based on the above, providing evidence with my B1 Certificate that I have previously used for my successful ILR application in 2019

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:54 am

Haadiz wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:21 am
alterhase58 wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:44 am
I have checked again but cannot see any option that link my B1 certificate with my previous application for ILR. Instead, I have written this statement as cover note, please advise, if this is ok or do I have to provide any reference with paragraph or section number according to the HO rules?

As per the guide AN Naturalization Booklet, under the paragraph “Knowledge of Language Requirement” If you have successfully made an application for indefinite leave to remain on the basis of a B1 level qualification, you would meet the English language requirement for naturalisation and do not have to pass another test.

Please be informed, I meet the English requirement based on the above, providing evidence with my B1 Certificate that I have previously used for my successful ILR application in 2019
As you've used your B1 for you ILR application, it remains valid for your naturalisation application. Just scan it and attach it with your application.
The HO knows the rules, so no need to worry yourself about it.

You've already met the required criteria.

The option is there for those that got ILR without using such requirements. Maybe victims of domestic violence, loss of British spouse to name a few.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Haadiz

Post by Haadiz » Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:58 am

Thank you for your support.

I am still not sure, if I have to provide full immigration history from the very first time when I entered in the UK in 2003. However, I stayed in the UK on several visas including student and as well as work permit until 2008 and then I travelled to Dubai. I entered back again on student dependant visa in 2011 that I have changed to Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa in 2013 that actually routed me to ILR in 2019. Please give your expert advise that I can provided the immigration history since 2013 from the date I have actually receive ILR or should I provide the full since 2003?

Look forward to hearing back from you

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:12 pm

Haadiz wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:58 am

I am still not sure, if I have to provide full immigration history from the very first time when I entered in the UK in 2003. However, I stayed in the UK on several visas including student and as well as work permit until 2008 and then I travelled to Dubai. I entered back again on student dependant visa in 2011 that I have changed to Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa in 2013 that actually routed me to ILR in 2019. Please give your expert advise that I can provided the immigration history since 2013 from the date I have actually receive ILR or should I provide the full since 2003?

Good news is that naturalisation is about your last 5 years. I guess this makes it easier for you right? 8)
If married to a Brit, then it's shortened to your last 3 years.

Haadiz

Post by Haadiz » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:21 pm

Ticktack wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:12 pm
Haadiz wrote:

Good news is that naturalisation is about your last 5 years. I guess this makes it easier for you right? 8)
Well it is indeed, so I can be sure that providing last 5 years of immigration history would be sufficient which is from 2017 to date? No need to provide any other history such as since 2003 or 2013?

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:25 pm

Haadiz wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:21 pm
Ticktack wrote:
Haadiz wrote:

Well it is indeed, so I can be sure that providing last 5 years of immigration history would be sufficient which is from 2017 to date? No need to provide any other history such as since 2003 or 2013?
Does the form you're filling tell you otherwise? Just curious!

Haadiz

Post by Haadiz » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:28 pm

I have accidently added another section under "Conviction & Penalties" but I am not being able to remove this section. Kindly help how to remove this? I only had one FPN that I have declared and no further penalties.

If not removed, then do I have to complete a new application? As I see, no option to remove this section :shock:

Haadiz

Post by Haadiz » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:30 pm

Ticktack wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:25 pm
Haadiz wrote:
Ticktack wrote:
Haadiz wrote:

Well thats the thing, form only asking Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?

Thats confusing me

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:38 pm

Haadiz wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:30 pm
Ticktack wrote:
Haadiz wrote:
Ticktack wrote:
Haadiz wrote:

Well thats the thing, form only asking Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?

Thats confusing me
Stick with the immigration applications that got you to ILR. Not when you came visiting, or when you came and left many moons before.

I'll go with 2011.

Haadiz

Post by Haadiz » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:52 pm

Ticktack wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:38 pm
Haadiz wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:30 pm
Ticktack wrote:
Haadiz wrote:
Ticktack wrote:
Haadiz wrote:

Thats confusing me
Stick with the immigration applications that got you to ILR. Not when you came visiting, or when you came and left many moons before.

I'll go with 2011.
Thank you. I will go with 2011 as well

Haadiz

Post by Haadiz » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:52 pm

Haadiz wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:28 pm
I have accidently added another section under "Conviction & Penalties" but I am not being able to remove this section. Kindly help how to remove this? I only had one FPN that I have declared and no further penalties.

If not removed, then do I have to complete a new application? As I see, no option to remove this section :shock:
Any idea about this?

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:00 pm

Haadiz wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:52 pm
Haadiz wrote:

Any idea about this?
If it doesn't allow you to move on, the just add "not applicable". It must be stressful just thinking of filling another lengthy form.

Haadiz

Post by Haadiz » Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:14 pm

Ticktack wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:00 pm
Haadiz wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:52 pm
Haadiz wrote:

Any idea about this?
If it doesn't allow you to move on, the just add "not applicable". It must be stressful just thinking of filling another lengthy form.
Thank you for your reply and help. However, I have been able to remove the section :)

Haadiz

Post by Haadiz » Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:25 pm

I am almost done with my application, Couple of things to verify and would like to take your advise.

1. My first Tie 1 Entrepreneur application was refused but the decision was overturned after the appeal. Do I have to declare this in the cover letter?

2. Regarding speeding offence, I was given 3 points on my licence, I and providing the date of this offence and statement as SP50 Exceeded Motorway Speed Limit, 3 point endorsed on the licence. Is this sufficient to say or do I have to attached my Licence summary that provides information regarding this endorsement?

In addition to the above, AN form provided from two option to choose, A penalty for a driving offence, for example disqualification for speeding or no motor insurance AND A caution, warning, reprimand or other out-of-court penalty. What option I must choose to declare the offence?

Your help and support is much appreciated. Look forward to hearing back from you soon

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:32 am

Haadiz wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:25 pm
I am almost done with my application, Couple of things to verify and would like to take your advise.

1. My first Tie 1 Entrepreneur application was refused but the decision was overturned after the appeal. Do I have to declare this in the cover letter? HO has the record however make reference to it in cover note.

2. Regarding speeding offence, I was given 3 points on my licence, I and providing the date of this offence and statement as SP50 Exceeded Motorway Speed Limit, 3 point endorsed on the licence. Is this sufficient to say or do I have to attached my Licence summary that provides information regarding this endorsement? No

In addition to the above, AN form provided from two option to choose, A penalty for a driving offence, for example disqualification for speeding or no motor insurance AND A caution, warning, reprimand or other out-of-court penalty. What option I must choose to declare the offence?

Your help and support is much appreciated. Look forward to hearing back from you soon

Haadiz

Post by Haadiz » Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:43 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:32 am
Haadiz wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:25 pm

1. My first Tie 1 Entrepreneur application was refused but the decision was overturned after the appeal. Do I have to declare this in the cover letter? HO has the record however make reference to it in cover note.

2. Regarding speeding offence, I was given 3 points on my licence, I and providing the date of this offence and statement as SP50 Exceeded Motorway Speed Limit, 3 point endorsed on the licence. Is this sufficient to say or do I have to attached my Licence summary that provides information regarding this endorsement? No

Thank you. Lastly, there are two option to choose from, disqualification for speeding or no motor insurance AND A caution, warning, reprimand or other out-of-court penalty. What option I must choose to declare the offence?

Haadiz

Post by Haadiz » Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:31 am

There are two option to choose from, disqualification for speeding or no motor insurance AND A caution, warning, reprimand or other out-of-court penalty. What option I must choose to declare the offence?

contorted_svy
Diamond Member
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:35 pm

Reading here https://www.gov.uk/speeding-penalties it seems it's an out-of-court penalty, as you didn't go to court. Did you receive a fixed penalty notice, and did you pay it? I would declare that it was paid.

Haadiz

Post by Haadiz » Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:31 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:35 pm
Reading here https://www.gov.uk/speeding-penalties it seems it's an out-of-court penalty, as you didn't go to court. Did you receive a fixed penalty notice, and did you pay it? I would declare that it was paid.
Yes it was a Fixed panalty and I was given 3 point. I did not go to court as I accepted as fault.

Which option to choose from the above in this case and there will be no impact on my case, correct?