ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need to apply for Indian tourist visa but do I need to surrender my Indian passport

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jincyvarghese
Newly Registered
India

Need to apply for Indian tourist visa but do I need to surrender my Indian passport

Post by jincyvarghese » Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:47 pm

Hi All,

I just received my British passport and booked tickets to go to India for end of sept 22. Do I really need to surrender my Indian passport and produce surrender certificate for the visa appointment.? I am only getting appointment to surrender the passport for the 1st of sept.

Is there any other way out for this.?

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Re: Need to apply for Indian tourist visa but do I need to surrender my Indian passport

Post by dontringthebell » Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:40 am

Surrender Certificate is a must, mostly takes 4 days ..... max 10 days...

You could book another appointment for visa really close or check with VFS staff on the day if they would also allow you to make another make an application for the visa on the same day.

something similar here ...

other-countries/indian-tourist-entry-vi ... 30403.html
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI

adithi10
Mood:

Re: Need to apply for Indian tourist visa but do I need to surrender my Indian passport

Post by adithi10 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:04 pm

Hi,

I have my appointment for indian visa on 26th July. Am in the same boat as you, applying without surrendering my passport. After my appointment I will let you know what happened and if they took my surrender application at the same time.

I emailed London high commission office and they said I can apply for indian visa even if I have Indian passport.

jincyvarghese
Newly Registered
India

Post by jincyvarghese » Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:09 am

Thanks you. Is it worth taking an appointment in Belfast and getting the appointment done. Will I get my surrender certificate at least 10working days.?

rajan2021
Newly Registered
India

Need to travel to India (Indian passport validity less than 6 months))

Post by rajan2021 » Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:08 pm

I need to travel to India in Oct-2022 (coming back 31st-Oct) but my kids Indian passport valid till Feb-23. Is 6-months validity required on passport before travelling (to UK or from India). We have ILR granted in Jan-22.

adithi10
Mood:

Post by adithi10 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:23 pm

Hi,

I applied for my Indian visa today without surrendering my indian passport. The people in VFS was really good. You just have to write a letter to HCI London that you could not surrender as there is no slot and that you are travelling to india on so and so date and that on return you will surrender your indian passport. Also, you will need to provide a copy of your indian passport (front and address page)

adithi10
Mood:

Post by adithi10 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:40 am

I just got my visa with 6 month validity for multiple entry. It was quick, submitted on Tuesday, got confirmation yesterday and got it delivered today.

rajan2021
Newly Registered
India

Re: Need to travel to India (Indian passport validity less than 6 months))

Post by rajan2021 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:54 am

rajan2021 wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:08 pm
I need to travel to India in Oct-2022 (coming back 31st-Oct) but my kids Indian passport valid till Feb-23. Is 6-months validity required on passport before travelling (to UK or from India). We have ILR granted in Jan-22.

Can some one pl. help on this.

jincyvarghese
Newly Registered
India

Post by jincyvarghese » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:13 pm

VFS don’t ask for surrender certificate when applying for Indian tourist visa, had mine done last week and all went well