ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IHS charge

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gboy889
Newly Registered

IHS charge

Post by gboy889 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:43 pm

Hello please can anyone help confirm how the payment for IHS is decided? My sis is coming to study a healthcare course with her family and the IHS website has set her and the partner as exempt from the surcharge but has charged the dependent baby who is under 3. Can someone clarify the criteria for this decision please?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: IHS charge

Post by sah10406 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:20 am

If they are applying for a Student visa for more than six months, there are 15 exemptions which are listed on the relevant page at the application portal:

https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigrati ... -needs-pay

If they meet one of those exemptions, the dependant child has been wrongly billed and will get a refund.

If they don't meet one of those exemptions, they are not exempt and either they or the application form has messed up on two of the applications. If that happens, applicants will receive a separate request for payment.

If the student wants advice on it, she should contact her university.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

gboy889
Newly Registered

Post by gboy889 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:48 pm

Thank you!

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:51 pm

gboy889 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:43 pm
My sis is coming to study a healthcare course
Based on the link listed above, I'm not sure that *studying* for a healthcare course is sufficient for an IHS exemption.

It is possible that your sister and her spouse may be asked to pay IHS later in the application process.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.