ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT: Questions about ESTA form (UK to USA tourist traveller)

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

submon

URGENT: Questions about ESTA form (UK to USA tourist traveller)

Post by submon » Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:56 am

Hi,

I am a UK citizen planning to visit the USA on a tourist visa. I know that I have to fill up the ESTA form. I have a few questions about that.

Any additional citizenship

I got my British citizenship a few years ago. I had an Indian passport as I am originally from India, but now I have a OCI card. Do I need to mention all that in the ‘Any additional citizenship’ section or do I just write that I was an Indian national before?

2. Work Details

Do I need to upload any document from my employer saying that I work there? I work from home, but my employer’s work address is in London. So in the ‘address’ for work section, should I mention my employer’s registered address?

3. Travel Details

I have not booked my hotel or the flight. So in the travel details section where I have to mention my contact details in the USA, can I write the name of the hotel where I am planning to stay? If I do stay somewhere else eventually, would that be a problem in getting through US border police?

Please help.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: URGENT: Questions about ESTA form (UK to USA tourist traveller)

Post by Ticktack » Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:56 pm

submon wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:56 am
Hi,

I am a UK citizen planning to visit the USA on a tourist visa. I know that I have to fill up the ESTA form. I have a few questions about that.

Any additional citizenship

I got my British citizenship a few years ago. I had an Indian passport as I am originally from India, but now I have a OCI card. Do I need to mention all that in the ‘Any additional citizenship’ section or do I just write that I was an Indian national before?If you're legally not an Indian Citizen anymore, then you don't have to mention it. Have you ever been issued a passport or national identity card for travel by any other country? This would be yes! Then you can explain somewhere.

2. Work Details

Do I need to upload any document from my employer saying that I work there? I work from home, but my employer’s work address is in London. So in the ‘address’ for work section, should I mention my employer’s registered address?Just mention the address of your employer. No documents are required.

3. Travel Details

I have not booked my hotel or the flight. So in the travel details section where I have to mention my contact details in the USA, can I write the name of the hotel where I am planning to stay? If I do stay somewhere else eventually, would that be a problem in getting through US border police?If you're staying in the same state, then it should be fine. I think there's an option for if known. If not, when you do travel, have your reservations ready, and explain. People change hotels regularly.

Please help.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

submon

Post by submon » Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:59 pm

Thank you very much for your suggestions. Really appreciate it.

submon

Post by submon » Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:14 pm

I have got the ESTA. Thank you very much for your help.