ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visiting EU as family member of EU national

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

allain

Visiting EU as family member of EU national

Post by allain » Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:31 pm

Hey guys
I want to ask if i can visit an EU Country with my wife who is Eu national, i have settled status but no schengen visa.

And if i apply for a schengen visa can i arrive at another country then the one which issued visa?

meself2
Ireland

Re: Visiting EU as family member of EU national

Post by meself2 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:51 pm

1) You need a Schengen visa, but I think you can apply for one as a family member of EU national, which should make the process a bit easier.
2) Legally yes, but it might affect future decisions: from the point of view of a Schengen country that gave you a visa, you applied to go to their country and never did, so they might be less inclined to give you a visa or give it for a shorter time period next time.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.