ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Consent Form

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

l.reddy1994
Newly Registered
India

SET (LR) application query

Post by l.reddy1994 » Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:06 am

Hey everyone,

I am in the process of putting together all the information/documents that I need for my ILR SET (LR) application.
I feel like I've done so many visa applications at this point that this one feels like I don't have enough paperwork/information; i.e. it feels too straightforward, which makes me nervous! :?
Hoping for someone to do a once-over on my situation and let me know if all seems well.

Thanks in advance.

Days out of the UK Summary
Date out of the UK Dates into the UK Destination Country Total number of days out of the country
11/10/2012 India
19/06/2014 19/08/2014 India 61
01/01/2018 05/02/2018 India 35
04/05/2018 9/5/18 France/Netherlands 5
26/07/2019 09/08/2019 India 14

Total days out of the country: 115

Dates Visas Valid
Type of Visa Date of issue Date of expiryApplied from
Tier 4 - Student 3/10/12 14/8/13 India
Tier 4 - Student 12/9/1317/10/2016 UK before visa expiry
Tier 4 - Student 8/9/2016 27/1/2021 UK before visa expiry
Student Route 2/2/2021 13/10/2021 UK before visa expiry
Skilled Worker Visa 4/9/2021 14/4/2023 UK before visa expiry

I have three questions based on this:

1. From my calculations I can apply for the SET(LR) from the 5/9/2022 for the ILR (i.e. 28 days before the date of issue of my first visa which started the 10 year period (3/10/2012))
2. The documents which I collected for my application are as follows
  • Life in the UK test - reference number (further a pass back in June)
  • BEng Certificate issued by a valid UK university to prove English Language
3. As I understand it these would generally be the mandatory documents which are required. However, from my research on the application form, there is a section to put information about your social/friends/family ties to the UK. Apart from writing information here, though not mandatory, would it be advisable to put in any evidence to this effect?
  • I ask because in my scenario: I have been with my boyfriend (who has settled status) for 7.5 years. We have additionally been living together for 8 months, for which I have council tax payments to attest to this.

Thanks for reading this far - I aware this is a long post - much obliged! :) :)

l.reddy1994
Newly Registered
India

Re: SET (LR) application query

Post by l.reddy1994 » Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:58 am

I just also had a call with a solicitor, who advised providing additional documentation would be recommended to have a strong application. He suggested as the following:
  • Letter from boyfriend attesting to the relationship
  • Letter from university
  • Letter from workplace
  • Contract from work
  • Degree certificates
  • Bank Statement
  • Utility Bills
  • Tenancy agreement
  • Cover letter - one page with information regarding relationship with partner, commitments with employment and what you have done in the past 10 years.

This is completely contradictory to the information I researched through in this forum. Please help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:15 am

murureddy94 wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:58 am
I just also had a call with a solicitor, who advised providing additional documentation would be recommended to have a strong application. He suggested as the following:
  • Letter from boyfriend attesting to the relationship
  • Letter from university
  • Letter from workplace
  • Contract from work
  • Degree certificates
  • Bank Statement
  • Utility Bills
  • Tenancy agreement
  • Cover letter - one page with information regarding relationship with partner, commitments with employment and what you have done in the past 10 years.

This is completely contradictory to the information I researched through in this forum. Please help.
NONE of this is required for ILR based on Long Residence. Submit ONLY what is required, not what you THINK might help. Your relationship is also totally irrelevant to qualifying for ILR based on 10 years long residence.

You either meet the long residence requirement or you don't. You cannot 'build a strong' case if you somehow don't meet the requirements.

You only need passports, LIUK, English and current BRP.

Also, your residence starts from the date you ENTERED the UK, not the date your initial visa was issued.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:18 am

The evidentiary requirement under the long residence is minimal as you found out. Your ILR eligibility is determined as per immigration rules not how you feel. The advice given by the solicitor is nonsensical. Adding extra irrelevant evidence adds no value to your case. I suspect many solicitors need to make you fearful and nervous to ensure you hire them.

Thousands here applied over the years and were granted ILR under this route, so you are not the first person.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

l.reddy1994
Newly Registered
India

Post by l.reddy1994 » Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:18 pm

Thank you so much both! @Zimba @CR001

Yes, I felt like he was fear-mongering (it was unfortunately working).
Thanks also for clearing up the residence start date as well!

l.reddy1994
Newly Registered
India

Post by l.reddy1994 » Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:13 pm

Thanks moderators!
I have another query for you; the application documentation asks for 'All previous passports, travel documents or national identity cards that you have used to travel to or remain in the UK'.

Do you think this should include my passports which pre-date the 10 years period? I ask because I have visited the UK on and off during my childhood and lived here for a short period of time (approx 2 years) as my father's dependent 2005-2007.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:12 pm

Just the last 10 years
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:18 am

murureddy94 wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:13 pm
Thanks moderators!
I have another query for you; the application documentation asks for 'All previous passports, travel documents or national identity cards that you have used to travel to or remain in the UK'.

Do you think this should include my passports which pre-date the 10 years period? I ask because I have visited the UK on and off during my childhood and lived here for a short period of time (approx 2 years) as my father's dependent 2005-2007.
Provide the passport that covers your immigration history for the 10year period you are basing your ILR on.
Pipped to it by Zimba.

l.reddy1994
Newly Registered
India

ILR Consent Form

Post by l.reddy1994 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:36 pm

Hey all,

I've put in my ILR SER(LR) application.
I just had a query on the consent form to upload to UKVCAS.

Do I have to put in part 3 on the consent form if my partner paid for my application from his card?
He does not sponsor me in any way.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Consent Form

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:42 pm

murureddy94 wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:36 pm
Hey all,

Do I have to put in part 3 on the consent form if my partner paid for my application from his card?
No!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: ILR Consent Form

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:52 am

murureddy94 wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:36 pm
Hey all,

Part 3 is if there is a 3rd party sponsor besides your partner involved in one way or another for your application, if none write Not Applicable, scan and submit like that.