ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Kenya Child Born Abroad Application at high commission in London

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Chiligee
Newly Registered
Kenya

Kenya Child Born Abroad Application at high commission in London

Post by Chiligee » Wed May 11, 2022 9:12 am

Hello,

I'd like to give some information for what I submitted with my application for child born abroad. I hold both Kenyan and UK passports. I had naturalised in the UK before August 2010 so had to first REGAIN citizenship and subsequently Declare dual nationality. This is a must before you can make any further application, be it for a child or for yourself eg passport, ID , any other consulate service. If you naturalised after Aug 2010, then all you need to do is DECLARE dual nationality. I'll make another post for this.

Remember you can declare dual nationality at the time of making application (if you had naturalised after Aug 2010).

Back to child born abroad birth certificate which is required if you wish to apply for Kenya Passport.

My first application was rejected as non Kenyan documents were not certified as true copies so the application was returned to me. Also you have to use special delivery silver/poly envelopes 500g.

I made another application in early March 2022 and as of 11 May have not received the child birth certificate. I have made applications for other children in person which was stopped from the time of covid and the requirements were not this stringent.

This application can ONLY be done via the POST, Not in person.

IMPORTANT:
All non-Kenyan documents are certified as true copies by commissioner of oath

List of documents:

Item Description Number of copies
1 Fee of £5 payable by postal order n/a
2 Duly filled application form 1
3 Father’s Kenya passport copy 2
4 Father’s British passport copy 2
5 Mother’s British passport copy 2
6 Father’s Kenya Citizenship regain certificate copy 2
7 Father’s dual citizen declaration copy 2
8 Father’s British Naturalisation certificate copy 2
9 Father’s Kenyan National ID copy 2
10 Child / applicant British Birth certificate copy 2
11 Father’s Kenyan Birth Certificate copy 2
12 Mother’s Birth certificate copy 2
13 Parent’s Marriage certificate copy 2
14 Special delivery envelope with correct postage n/a

Keep the receipt for the postal order as it has a VOUCHER ID which you can check with post office to confirm whether the postal order has been cashed. My postal order was cashed in April so I'm assuming application is now going through.

Sysy
Newly Registered
Kenya

Re: Kenya Child Born Abroad Application at high commission in London

Post by Sysy » Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:15 pm

Hey,

Is this for a child's first British passport and how long did yours take?

Chiligee
Newly Registered
Kenya

Re: Kenya Child Born Abroad Application at high commission in London

Post by Chiligee » Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:42 am

Hi

This is for a Kenyan birth certificate for a child born abroad where one parent has Kenyan nationality. It's required for the child's Kenyan passport application.