ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Free 30 hours childcare eligibility

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rjahan
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Free 30 hours childcare eligibility

Post by rjahan » Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:46 pm

Hello,

I'm a Brtish Citizen, and my wife is on a partner visa. We are about to apply for free 30 hours of childcare for our daughter. Is this going to affect my wife's ILR application as her visa has no recourse to public funds remark?

We could not find any direct source that says it will be ok. Note both of us are working and meet the income criteria.

Appreciate your help in advance.

Kind regards,

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: Free 30 hours childcare eligibility

Post by Ticktack » Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:26 pm

rjahan wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:46 pm
Hello,

I'm a Brtish Citizen, and my wife is on a partner visa. We are about to apply for free 30 hours of childcare for our daughter. Is this going to affect my wife's ILR application as her visa has no recourse to public funds remark?

We could not find any direct source that says it will be ok. Note both of us are working and meet the income criteria.

Appreciate your help in advance.

Kind regards,
Nope it wouldn't affect her. You would be the one applying, not her.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

rjahan
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by rjahan » Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:44 am

Hello,

Many thanks for your reply. That's reassuring to know. Note she is included in the application as the condition for additional 15 hours is both parents must earn £152 per week. Assume this isn't an issue as the application is still under my name.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:37 am

rjahan wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:44 am
Hello,

Many thanks for your reply. That's reassuring to know. Note she is included in the application as the condition for additional 15 hours is both parents must earn £152 per week. Assume this isn't an issue as the application is still under my name.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,
Yeah, she's a parent of the child in question, so they need her details and NI number. Same way when applying for any UK visa, visiting or settlement, they are ask for you parents details and date of birth. That has no influence on your application.
They just like to tie up all the ends into a neat bundle.

As stated before, you're clearly the one making the application as it's your right to receive it. Not her!!
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!