ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant visa on Tier 4 student visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Farhan-23
Newly Registered
India

Dependant visa on Tier 4 student visa

Post by Farhan-23 » Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:46 pm

Hello,

I’m in a bit of a dilemma, if anyone can help it would be appreciated.

I’m currently on Tier 4 student visa expiring in Jan 2023. I want to bring my wife and daughter to the UK, since my Visa would be expiring in 6 months would I still be able to apply for their visa if I start the process in October?

Also can I also directly apply for their visa after I get my PSW or do I have get it done before my student visa expires?

Thank You

Taysin Shaikh
Newly Registered

Re: Dependant visa on Tier 4 student visa

Post by Taysin Shaikh » Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:48 am

You should call your wife and daughter as a dependent of tier 4 before your student visa expires and once they are in the UK then they can apply for extension as a dependent when you apply for PSW visa.
Once you apply for PSW visa and if you’re dependent are not in the UK then they won’t be able to make a fresh application as dependent of PSW visa holder from outside the UK.

Farhan-23
Newly Registered
India

Post by Farhan-23 » Sun Aug 28, 2022 2:44 pm

Thank you Taysin for your response. Could you please also let me know that whether would there be any issue in the application if apply with only 4/5 months remaining on my student visa?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:08 am

Farhan-23 wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 2:44 pm
would there be any issue in the application if apply with only 4/5 months remaining on my student visa?
No.

What are you reading that is making you think this is a cause for concern?
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Farhan-23
Newly Registered
India

Post by Farhan-23 » Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:50 am

Okay, thank you.

I haven’t read anything as such, my only worry was that since my visa is expiring soon the home office might just suspect any wrong intentions.

Thank you

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:58 am

Farhan-23 wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:50 am
Okay, thank you.

I haven’t read anything as such, my only worry was that since my visa is expiring soon the home office might just suspect any wrong intentions.

Thank you
You are overthinking it.

Taysin Shaikh
Newly Registered

Post by Taysin Shaikh » Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:34 am

Well, it should not be an issue to apply for a dependent visa as long as your wife and daughter fulfill all the requirements to apply as a dependent of a tier 4 visa holder, however, I would still suggest you make the application at the earliest as the application with the British High Commission in India is taking some time to process the applications. Good Luck

Farhan-23
Newly Registered
India

Post by Farhan-23 » Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:58 pm

Update:
I have applied for my family’s dependant visa on my tier 4 visa. It’s been 3 weeks but haven’t heard anything back with regards to the decision. Can anyone let me know how long it’s currently taking to get a decision? Also is there a way to track or contact anyone to get an update on our application?

Day before yesterday I completed my graduation but haven’t applied for PSW, will my graduation will have any effect on the outcome?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:11 am

Farhan-23 wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:58 pm
Day before yesterday I completed my graduation but haven’t applied for PSW, will my graduation will have any effect on the outcome?
Where are you reading that you must apply under the Graduate route before your graduation? The deadline for applying under the Graduate route is the expiry date of your Student visa.

To prevent further over-thinking and misinformation, I advise looking at the detailed guidance at the application portal itself.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Farhan-23
Newly Registered
India

Post by Farhan-23 » Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:15 am

sah10406 wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:11 am
[quote=Farhan-23 post_id=2095584 time=<a href="tel:1667231891">1667231891</a> user_id=265561]
Where are you reading that you must apply under the Graduate route before your graduation? The deadline for applying under the Graduate route is the expiry date of your Student visa.

Thank You for your response. It was just a doubt in my mind because of the delay.
Can you let me know about the current time frame for the decision and anyways to contact VFS/home office for any update?

To prevent further over-thinking and misinformation, I advise looking at the detailed guidance at the application portal itself.
[/quote]