ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student dependent -- slow processing time

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

turbolentcats
Newly Registered
Mood:
Italy

Student dependent -- slow processing time

Post by turbolentcats » Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:32 am

I applied for a student visa on 05/07/22 and was approved on 26/07/22. My wife applied as a dependent on 06/07/22, the Sheffield Team asked for additional documents on 24/07/22 (proof of meeting maintenance requirement) which we sent two days later, and was then asked for an IHS top-up on 16/08/22 (we already knew the IS she paid was wrong even though we had answered all the questions correctly). From that point, we did not hear back.

During the application we wrote 07/09/22 as the date we would have liked to enter the UK. Will she receive a decision before this date? We are quite worried we won't be able to take the flight together.

Also, what can we infer from this timeline of events? Has a caseworker even looked at her application and at the proof of meeting the maintenance requirement? Can one assume that, since an IS top-up was asked, the maintenance requirement, for instance, was met?

Thanks for your help.

lolo2
Venezuela

Re: Student dependent -- slow processing time

Post by lolo2 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:59 am

turbolentcats wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:32 am
and was then asked for an IHS top-up on 16/08/22 (we already knew the IS she paid was wrong even though we had answered all the questions correctly). From that point, we did not hear back.
That last communication happened two weeks ago, I think her times are within the current timeframe for these applications. Your wife's application has not been straightforward hence the delay, you need to be patient. It's difficult to predict anything at this stage, as said you just need to wait.

It is reasonable to expect some delays in visa processing times given the current circumstances.
turbolentcats wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:32 am
During the application we wrote 07/09/22 as the date we would have liked to enter the UK. Will she receive a decision before this date? We are quite worried we won't be able to take the flight together.
The date you put in the application is an estimation. It is always advisable to not book flights, accommodation, etc., before you receive a confirmation of successful application.

It is important to inform her sponsor, i.e. the international admissions office or the course administrator, about the current status of the application. They should be able to advise in case anything else arises.

turbolentcats
Newly Registered
Mood:
Italy

Post by turbolentcats » Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:49 am

Thanks for your answer, lolo2.
It is always advisable to not book flights, accommodation, etc., before you receive a confirmation of successful application.
We have not booked the flight yet: we will buy it last minute, either together or on separate days depending on the status of her application.
It is important to inform her sponsor, i.e. the international admissions office or the course administrator, about the current status of the application. They should be able to advise in case anything else arises.
She does not have any sponsor. I am the student and she is my dependent.

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:02 pm

turbolentcats wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:49 am
She does not have any sponsor. I am the student and she is my dependent.
True :oops:, I missed the dependant part.
turbolentcats wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:49 am
We have not booked the flight yet: we will buy it last minute, either together or on separate days depending on the status of her application.
Ok, now it's clear.

You guys should receive a response soon. This is the students application season and it's busier than usual.

Joseph akinbule
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Joseph akinbule » Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:27 pm

Turbolent please how far on your wife's dependent visa application as she gotten response?
I mean if her visa as been issued I also applied for a student dependent visa too.