ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Skilled worker visa (Channel Islands)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Chiragtanna1189
Newly Registered

Skilled worker visa (Channel Islands)

Post by Chiragtanna1189 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:48 pm

I am from Channel islands moving to UK .I have received my COS.I am on a skilled worker visa in Channel Islands so want to know which kind of visa I am eligible for Outside UK or within UK as channel island is a crown dependent on UK .

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Skilled worker visa (Channel Islands)

Post by manci » Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:32 pm

UK immigration law is aligned with C.I. immigration law but they are not the same, for example I believe the C.I. don't issue BRPs to skilled worker visa holders. However, applying for a BRP is a requirement for getting permission for your new job in the UK. I also understand that there are no UKVCAS centres in the C.I. where your biometric data could be captured but one way to overcome this may be to use the "UK Immigration: ID Check’ app to complete the identity verification stage of your application:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/using-the-u ... -check-app
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/using-the-u ... se-the-app

Although there doesn't seem to be clear guidance on the gov.uk website covering your situation I suggest you try using the change of employment (in-country) application form and to get on answer Yes to the question whether you are located in the UK. Also if they ask for your BRP try entering the C.I. vignette No from your passport.

Please let the forum know how you are getting on with the application.
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice