ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Booking India Visa Appointment without UK Passport Number

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

swadhwani
India

Booking India Visa Appointment without UK Passport Number

Post by swadhwani » Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:04 pm

Hello

I got my citizenship approved today and have oath ceremony booked for 28 Sep. I will apply for the UK passport after that and hope to receive the UK passport in 3 weeks after that. I currently hold India passport that I will surrender. I have plan to travel to India from 26 Nov to 26 Dec. As eVisa are no longer available for the UK citizens, I will need a paper visa through VFS.

I can see one india visa appointment is available for 28 Oct in London, however it's asking for the UK passport number which I don't have. Can I book the appointnment with incorrect passport number (may be with my indian passport number)? Is that possible?

sanzlovz
India

Re: Booking India Visa Appointment without UK Passport Number

Post by sanzlovz » Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:25 am

Don't surrender your passport until your India trip is done

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:35 pm

Postpone the citizenship ceremony until you are back from your trip.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

jackson83
Newly Registered
India

Post by jackson83 » Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:21 pm

Your Indian passport is valid for travel upto 3 months after your oath ceremony. Just continue your India trip with your Indian passport. Don't tell them anything about your change of citizenship to raise unnecessary issues. Here is the source 3rd question https://www.hcilondon.gov.in/page/surre ... -passport/

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:10 am

If OP travels with their Indian passport without a valid visa to the UK, they might be refused to board the plane.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.