ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CoS Status Update

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nohja
Newly Registered

CoS Status Update

Post by nohja » Thu Sep 01, 2022 3:52 pm

Hi,

The skilled worker visa application was approved several weeks ago and I received the BRP but the CoS status is still 'assigned' instead of 'used' in the Sponsor Management System. Now, if I take another job with a new employer they will be not be able to issue a new CoS for me as the current one is still in the 'assigned' state.

If it takes long for the current employer to contact UKVI and update the status from 'assigned' to 'used' could I instead ask my current employer to 'withdraw' the CoS as it is technically still in the 'assigned' state which would then allow the new employer to assign a new CoS?

Also, once the CoS is withdrawn does that imply my sponsorship is cancelled and I could no longer work for the current employer from the day it was withdrawn to serve my notice period?

Appreciate any help here.

Thank you.

nohja
Newly Registered

Re: CoS Status Update

Post by nohja » Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:18 pm

Sorry, correction - when switching to a new job with a new employer, they said that they get an error message whilst applying for a new CoS - there is already a CoS assigned. Is this because my current CoS is still in the 'assigned' state?

DK_007
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: CoS Status Update

Post by DK_007 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:19 pm

Have you sorted out the issue and How>>?