ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

"Further evidence" of partnership with sponsor still subsisting?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

englishgreek
Newly Registered

Re: Late post-Brexit residence rights application - some questions

Post by englishgreek » Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:35 pm

Thanks! I'm now ready (he says!) to start working on the application. And immediately - stumbling block #1: :lol:

Is this where we get the paper form from? https://eu-settled-status-enquiries.ser ... v.uk/start That's where the trail of links sent me to, but all it is is a contact form through which to contact them with any questions about the application... Can the question simply be the request to have an application sent out to me?

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:45 pm

englishgreek wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:35 pm
Thanks! I'm now ready (he says!) to start working on the application. And immediately - stumbling block #1: :lol:

Is this where we get the paper form from? https://eu-settled-status-enquiries.ser ... v.uk/start That's where the trail of links sent me to, but all it is is a contact form through which to contact them with any questions about the application... Can the question simply be the request to have an application sent out to me?
I suppose you can ask any question using that contact form, so nothing stopping you from just asking for a paper form for a Lounes application.

However, I've seen people saying you have to call (can't confirm if this is the only way to get the form, but it is definitely a way people in this forum have gotten the form in the past). Or if the online form doesn't work.

All contact details are here: https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside- ... ent-scheme

Good luck.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

englishgreek
Newly Registered

Post by englishgreek » Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:48 pm

Thanks so much. Form is now apparently in the post, so it's all happening. I've two more questions:

1. Obviously much of the proof we have of living together as a couple is in Greek (eg utility bills, joint bank account statements etc). I will of course get these translated - but does the Home Office require some kind of certified/ official translation service? Might it even be the Hague Apostille (though that'd be prohibitively expensive).

2. My line manager has promised a letter stating something to this effect - in brief, that I was forced to work from abroad because of COVID and our workplace only returned to normal this month. Is this something that would suffice, judging from people's experience?

I am writing in my capacity as [line manager] to let you know that Dr X joined us in July 2020. Dr X was forced to commence his employment with us remotely due to the restrictions imposed by the Covid-19 pandemic at the time. Our workplace returned to its in-person operations in September 2022 and all staff are now expected to attend in person.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:07 am

I can't comment on the above as I do not have first-hand similar experience, but leaving this open for other to share theirs.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

englishgreek
Newly Registered

Post by englishgreek » Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:53 am

Hi, in terms of proof of relationship (in the form eg of utility bills) I have spoken to the HO over the phone and they have confirmed that they do not need these translated - the original language of issue is fine.

I have a few more questions as we are getting ready to post out the application:

1. Just to confirm that they need the original passport (is there no way to send in a scanned copy for example) which would in turn preclude her from travelling while the application is under consideration?

2. If this is indeed the case, any sense of how long before the HO post back the supporting documents? I have spoken to them over the phone but absolutely no way to get even a vague timeline;

3. Does my partner now need to prove she is a UK resident - and in that case would flights arriving here and a bank account under her name suffice, and

4. What happens with my exercising treaty rights? I am asking because there are some questions in the application that concern this. I was naturalised in 2011 and I was continuously exercising treaty rights up until that point, and I have continued to do so. But is this something I need to prove for the purposes of this application?

Thanks as always...

englishgreek
Newly Registered

"Further evidence" of partnership with sponsor still subsisting?

Post by englishgreek » Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:11 am

Hello all good people

At long last my partner (EEA national) submitted a Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form on the basis of her relationship with me (dual UK/EEA national). After quite a while the HO responded to us asking for translation of the evidence we had provided of our ongoing and durable relationship that existed prior to Dec 31 2020. We provided six pieces of evidence: joint tenancy agreement, joint bank account and joint utility bills (four of them: water, gas, internet, electricity).

The HO has responded with the following message:

[We require] Evidence that your relationship with your sponsor (**** ***** ) existed prior to 31st December 2020 and is still subsisting. We have received the documents you have provided along with your email but we still require further evidence.

My question is - what else could we possibly submit as evidence? I was under the impression that five sets of evidence usually suffice, so why is it that these six do not?

Thanks so much

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: "Further evidence" of partnership with sponsor still subsisting?

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:23 am

Topics merged!
englishgreek wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:11 am
At long last my partner (EEA national) submitted a Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form on the basis of her relationship with me (dual UK/EEA national).
Are you sure you have submitted a 'Zambrano' application?? This would not be relevant as a durable partner based on your circumstances.

Zambrano is for primary carers (parents) of British children.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... accessible
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

englishgreek
Newly Registered

Post by englishgreek » Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:00 am

Thanks for merging and you are right - I think it might not be a Zambrano. It's basically a late, EEA route paper application :)

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:09 pm

englishgreek wrote:
Hello all good people

At long last my partner (EEA national) submitted a Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form on the basis of her relationship with me (dual UK/EEA national). After quite a while the HO responded to us asking for translation of the evidence we had provided of our ongoing and durable relationship that existed prior to Dec 31 2020. We provided six pieces of evidence: joint tenancy agreement, joint bank account and joint utility bills (four of them: water, gas, internet, electricity).

The HO has responded with the following message:

[We require] Evidence that your relationship with your sponsor (**** ***** ) existed prior to 31st December 2020 and is still subsisting. We have received the documents you have provided along with your email but we still require further evidence.

My question is - what else could we possibly submit as evidence? I was under the impression that five sets of evidence usually suffice, so why is it that these six do not?

Thanks so much
They want the proof of a two year durable relationship before 1 January 2021 (the Brexit transition period ended 31 December 2020) and proof of a durable relationship from 1 January 2021 to date.

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:27 pm

englishgreek wrote:
After quite a while the HO responded to us asking for translation of the evidence we had provided of our ongoing and durable relationship that existed prior to Dec 31 2020. We provided six pieces of evidence: joint tenancy agreement, joint bank account and joint utility bills (four of them: water, gas, internet, electricity).
She needs to provide evidence that is spaced out over the two years before 1 January 2021, to prove she was living akin to marriage for 2 years. The same again for the two years from 1 January 2021, to prove you are/were still together.