ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 refusal grounds

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ahmed1738
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Tier 4 refusal grounds

Post by ahmed1738 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:00 am

My current leave to remain (Tier 4 General) is due to expire on 30/10/2022. I understand I have to apply for an extension to continue my studies at university. I have successfully managed to obtain a CAS letter from my university to start my third year (last year). I have also managed to have the sufficient funds required in my bank account for a consecutive period of 28 days.

Throughout my stay in the UK, I have not been convicted of any serious crime, however, I have had minor parking fines and most importantly in March 2021, my driving license had been revoked due to having six SP30-related penalty points. Furthermore, in September 2021, I had to redo my entire driving license application, and to which I was successful. I would like to know if this offence of being disqualified from driving will cause my application to be refused.

Thank you.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 4 refusal grounds

Post by sah10406 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:08 am

You need to check the General Grounds for Refusal. The most user-friendly information is the guide for immigration caseworkers on how to treat applicants with a criminal record:

https://www.gov.uk/government/collectio ... d-guidance

Disqualifications from driving are covered on page 23.

It might be easier to look at it with the International student adviser at your university.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.