ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Partner and Child dependents extension on ILR

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Taq
Newly Registered

Partner and Child dependents extension on ILR

Post by Taq » Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:00 am

Dear Moderators,

My partner and child who are PBS dependents on my ILR need to renew their visa .

I've found the below forms which I think are the correct ones for my requirement but not exactly sure.

"extend or switch to your Skilled Worker visa as your partner" (inside UK)
"extend or switch to your Skilled Worker visa as your child" (Inside UK)

In the dependent partner form, under the section 'People applying with you,' it asks "Does partner (i.e. me) already have their Skilled worker visa?" Can I say No to this question as I've progressed to ILR from skilled visa (aka Tier 2 General)? or still need to say Yes?

My other concern is nowhere in this form it asks whether I (the dependent's partner) have ILR. It only asks for my BRP number and in another place, it asks for my SOC code which I believe is not relevant once you get ILR.

So not sure if I am using the correct forms for my PBS dependents extension. If not could you please direct me to the correct ones?

Much appreciated.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: Partner and Child dependents extension on ILR

Post by Ticktack » Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:51 am

Taq wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:00 am
Dear Moderators,

My partner and child who are PBS dependents on my ILR need to renew their visa .

I've found the below forms which I think are the correct ones for my requirement but not exactly sure.

"extend or switch to your Skilled Worker visa as your partner" (inside UK)
"extend or switch to your Skilled Worker visa as your child" (Inside UK)

In the dependent partner form, under the section 'People applying with you,' it asks "Does partner (i.e. me) already have their Skilled worker visa?" Can I say No to this question as I've progressed to ILR from skilled visa (aka Tier 2 General)? or still need to say Yes?You can say no.

My other concern is nowhere in this form it asks whether I (the dependent's partner) have ILR. It only asks for my BRP number and in another place, it asks for my SOC code which I believe is not relevant once you get ILR.Add your current BRP number and your old SOC code. It remains relevant regardless for this process.

So not sure if I am using the correct forms for my PBS dependents extension. If not could you please direct me to the correct ones?

Much appreciated.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Taq
Newly Registered

Re: Partner and Child dependents extension on ILR

Post by Taq » Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:40 am

Thanks @Ticktack for making it clear. Much appreciated.