ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Tier 2 Skilled Worker Visa to Global Talent Visa

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mrizihust
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Switching from Tier 2 Skilled Worker Visa to Global Talent Visa

Post by mrizihust » Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:20 pm

Hi,

I and my wife and kids are in the UK on tier-2 skilled worker and tier 2 Skilled Worker dependent visas from March 2022. Expiry date of visa is April 2023. I changed my tier-2 visa to global talent visa this month. I want to ask you that my wife's and kids tier 2 dependent visa is still valid till April 2023. Can my wife and kids can stay on tier 2 Visa till expiry date or they also must change their visa from Tier 2 dependant to global talent visa. From next month I am also switching my job. Please guide me in this regard.

Regards
Rizi

RowanDrive
Newly Registered
Lebanon

Re: Switching from Tier 2 Skilled Worker Visa to Global Talent Visa

Post by RowanDrive » Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:38 pm

mrizihust wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:20 pm
Can my wife and kids can stay on tier 2 Visa till expiry date or they also must change their visa from Tier 2 dependant to global talent visa
Yes they can. As long as you're on a valid work visa and regardless of employer, your dependents' visas remain valid until they expire.

Here's one instance of answer by the home office to a similar question:
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ng-1896837

mrizihust
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Switching from Tier 2 Skilled Worker Visa to Global Talent Visa

Post by mrizihust » Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:03 pm

Thank you for reply. I want to ask you that there is any issue when my family will apply for ILR after 5 years of duration. Home office can make any objections that you are on Global talent visa and your family was on Tier 2 Skilled Worker Visa? Please reply to this question.