ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Sole Rep Visa to Health Care Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Irfanlibra2017

Switching from Sole Rep Visa to Health Care Visa

Post by Irfanlibra2017 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:06 pm

Hi,

Is it possible to switch from Sole Representative visa to Health Care Visa? if Yes, Can this be done within UK?

Also when switching from one category to the other, Do we need fresh ielts or the one that was provided on the initial visa will be enough?

Thanks in Advance

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Switching from Sole Rep Visa to Health Care Visa

Post by manci » Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:36 pm

Irfanlibra2017 wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:06 pm
Is it possible to switch from Sole Representative visa to Health Care Visa? if Yes, Can this be done within UK?
Yes and yes, see https://www.gov.uk/health-care-worker-v ... -this-visa
Irfanlibra2017 wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:06 pm
Do we need fresh ielts or the one that was provided on the initial visa will be enough?
If you have proved for your current visa that you can read, write, speak and understand English to at least CEFR level B1 then that will be sufficient for the health and care visa.
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

Irfanlibra2017

Post by Irfanlibra2017 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:11 am

Brilliant, Thank you so much for your Kind Response.

Irfanlibra2017

Post by Irfanlibra2017 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:48 am

I want to ask one more question as i tried searching google but cannot find accurate answer. If I apply for extension of my sole representative visa, am I supposed to show maintenance funds again? If yes, how much amount iam supposed to hold in my account for 90 days?

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:40 am

Irfanlibra2017 wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:48 am
If I apply for extension of my sole representative visa, am I supposed to show maintenance funds again?
Not if you have lived in the UK for 12 months immediately preceding the date of the extension application.

Irfanlibra2017

Post by Irfanlibra2017 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:59 pm

I was preparing my case and i just realised that the Sole representative branch office in uk must be owned by the Overseas company but i have mistakenly put 100% shares on my name. Which is unintentional mistake as i am just a senior employee, being paid by my company in my account every month. Overseas head office is still active and they are still happy to keep me hired and working for them in the UK.

Do you think i can straight away change the 100% share owner ship from my name to my head office name now and explain this in the covering letter or this issue can exclusively lead to my extension refusal.

your valuable opinion is high appreciated and thanks for your time.

Irfanlibra2017

Post by Irfanlibra2017 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:37 am

Can someone please answer this as i cannot find this info anywhere in the guidebook of home office.
Tried googling for hours.

Time is running out for me :(

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:18 pm

Assuming that you no longer want to switch to a health and care visa and wish to extend your sole representative of an overseas business visa instead, note that to be eligible for the extension the UK branch or subsidiary must be fully owned by the overseas company and documents should be submitted as evidence:

* a Companies House certificate of registration as a UK establishment (for a branch), or a certificate of incorporation (for a subsidiary) and

* evidence that the UK business is wholly owned by the overseas business such as either a copy of the share register or a letter from the overseas business’s accountant confirming that the UK business is wholly owned by them

At the time you obtained entry clearance you were assigned to the UK to establish and supervise a branch or subsidiary of the overseas business, however. I don't believe that the rules at the time set a time limit for this. So IMO if you rectify the situation before applying for the extension it will probably be OK. Write a covering letter and keep fingers crossed.

See also:
https://www.gov.uk/representative-overs ... -your-visa

Irfanlibra2017

Post by Irfanlibra2017 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:41 pm

Thank you so much for your comprehensive answer menci. Appreciate your time.

Irfanlibra2017

Post by Irfanlibra2017 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:46 pm

Dear Manci,

Hope you are well. I had hired 1stFormation as my secratery service that is dealing with Companies House for all the company related matters. Now when I requested them to change the shares ownership from my name to my Head office that is based in Karachi, Pakistan, they denied to do that and advised me that Pakistan comes under 'High Risk Countries with regard to money laundering and/or terrorist financing'.

Further to my research I have found that Pakistan was put onto high risk countries list on Nov 2021, I moved to uk on sole rep visa on Oct 2019.

Do you know anything about that? if by law Pakistan based company cannot be owner of UK company, can i attach a cover letter to explain that and attach government pages prints as reference.

Or if this information is wrong.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:01 pm

Irfanlibra2017 wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:46 pm
if by law Pakistan based company cannot be owner of UK company.....
There are 2 configurations acceptable to the HO for a UK establishment, branch or subsidiary (see below).
Ask your advisor if the Pakistani company may set up and register a branch office in the UK?
manci wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:18 pm
* a Companies House certificate of registration as a UK establishment (for a branch), or a certificate of incorporation (for a subsidiary) and

* evidence that the UK business is wholly owned by the overseas business such as either a copy of the share register or a letter from the overseas business’s accountant confirming that the UK

miranv
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Sole Rep Visa

Post by miranv » Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:17 pm

dear
have anyone received sole rep visa in 2022,
myself applied on april 6 2002,
biometric given on may 31 2022,
now its more than 12 weeks and no response at all.
is there a chance, any point in waiting.

Irfanlibra2017

Post by Irfanlibra2017 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:27 am

Dear Menci,

Hope you are find. I have recently came across some posts and comments on some social media groups that there are no continous star requirements for Sole Representative visa holders anymore. Can you please kindly share your thoughts on this (If you have came across these new changes)?

Waiting for your kind response.