ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CONTACTING UKVI OUTSIDE THE UK (Phones and Email not working)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CheriMini
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

CONTACTING UKVI OUTSIDE THE UK (Phones and Email not working)

Post by CheriMini » Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:55 pm

Hello. I kindly need your assistance please. How are people currently contacting the UKVI about their applications?

My partner applied for his Skilled Workers Visa from outside the UK on the 8th of July 2022.

It's been almost 8 weeks now and some people who applied on the same day as him and a couple of weeks after him have received their application outcomes.

The past 2 days, we have tried contacting the UKVI to check what's going on with his application as per the information on the GOV website - https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside- ... se/english.

The phone is picked up by an automated voice and after pressing the numbers in response to what our enquiry is about (1-2-2-1), the call ends after telling us to go check the website for processing times. No matter what options we selected, the call ends that way, still told to check website even if we chose the option that the application has passed the standard processing time.

When we try to send an email, after clicking pay (£2.47) and seeing our bank authorisation pop up and everything, it says either this page (Gov.uk page) does not exist or payment failed. Money was actually being taken out when it says payment failed (We were getting bank alerts) but then it would reverse after a few minutes and the money comes back into our account. Bank said the problem is with the Gov.uk website.

Please, is there another way to contact the UKVI?

vinny

Re: CONTACTING UKVI OUTSIDE THE UK (Phones and Email not working)

Post by vinny » Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:28 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Mehrdaaad
Iran

Post by Mehrdaaad » Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:34 am

CheriMini wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:55 pm
Hello. I kindly need your assistance please. How are people currently contacting the UKVI about their applications?

My partner applied for his Skilled Workers Visa from outside the UK on the 8th of July 2022.

It's been almost 8 weeks now and some people who applied on the same day as him and a couple of weeks after him have received their application outcomes.

The past 2 days, we have tried contacting the UKVI to check what's going on with his application as per the information on the GOV website - https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside- ... se/english.

The phone is picked up by an automated voice and after pressing the numbers in response to what our enquiry is about (1-2-2-1), the call ends after telling us to go check the website for processing times. No matter what options we selected, the call ends that way, still told to check website even if we chose the option that the application has passed the standard processing time.

When we try to send an email, after clicking pay (£2.47) and seeing our bank authorisation pop up and everything, it says either this page (Gov.uk page) does not exist or payment failed. Money was actually being taken out when it says payment failed (We were getting bank alerts) but then it would reverse after a few minutes and the money comes back into our account. Bank said the problem is with the Gov.uk website.

We are in the same situation.
I applied for skilled worker visa in 13th July, I just received an escalation email 2 weeks ago thats it.
Dont waste your money with contacting ukvi.
We have to wait, just this.
Home office has one of the worst systems that I have faced in my life.

CheriMini
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by CheriMini » Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:34 pm

vinny wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:28 am
Complain?
Thank you. We filled in the online complaint form on Friday and eagerly waiting to hear back from them.

CheriMini
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by CheriMini » Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:23 pm

Mehrdaaad wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:34 am
CheriMini wrote:

I applied for skilled worker visa in 13th July, I just received an escalation email 2 weeks ago thats it.
We are still unable to reach them. If you don't mind me asking, where did you make your application? Also do you know if others who made applications the same time as you have received an outcome?

Mehrdaaad
Iran

Post by Mehrdaaad » Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:47 pm

CheriMini wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:23 pm
Mehrdaaad wrote:
CheriMini wrote:

We are still unable to reach them. If you don't mind me asking, where did you make your application? Also do you know if others who made applications the same time as you have received an outcome?

I applied from Iran and did biometrics at VFS Tehran and where did you make it?
I called and emailed several times UKVI and wasted money and they said we are working on it.
Just I received an email from UKVI international escalation on 17th August and asked my correct GWF number because they cannot find my application due to their GWF had a wrong digit !!!! and I sent caseworker my correct one , thats all.
As I checked on youtube and comments on videos about delays, there are lots of people who are waiting for decision like us.
It is been approximately two months and I think we can just wait.
Home Office is a disaster.

CheriMini
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by CheriMini » Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:02 pm

Mehrdaaad wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:47 pm
CheriMini wrote:
Mehrdaaad wrote:
CheriMini wrote:

I called and emailed several times UKVI and wasted money and they said we are working on it.
Just I received an email from UKVI international escalation on 17th August and asked my correct GWF number because they cannot find my application due to their GWF had a wrong digit !!!! and I sent caseworker my correct one , thats all.
As I checked on youtube and comments on videos about delays, there are lots of people who are waiting for decision like us.
We made his application in South Africa. It's now been 8 weeks for us so hoping to get a reply very soon if they are taking 2 months. The waiting is painful especially when this is a life changing opportunity for us.

Mehrdaaad
Iran

Post by Mehrdaaad » Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:11 pm

CheriMini wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:02 pm
Mehrdaaad wrote:
CheriMini wrote:
Mehrdaaad wrote:
CheriMini wrote:

We made his application in South Africa. It's now been 8 weeks for us so hoping to get a reply very soon if they are taking 2 months. The waiting is painful especially when this is a life changing opportunity for us.

You are right.
This long waiting makes me anxious and I dont know what the people in Home Office is doing !!!!!
I paid a lot of money for IHS and Application fees of me and my wife. This stress has been huge effect on our lives.
Would you please do me a favor and notify me when you receive your email??? I would do that as well.
Thank you

Mehrdaaad
Iran

Post by Mehrdaaad » Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:16 pm

CheriMini wrote:
Mehrdaaad wrote:
CheriMini wrote:
Mehrdaaad wrote:
CheriMini wrote:

Hi

Have you received any update about your decision ??
I have received second escalation email and they told me sorry for delay and my application is still under consideration at this time.

CheriMini
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by CheriMini » Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:30 pm

Mehrdaaad wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:16 pm
CheriMini wrote:
Mehrdaaad wrote:
CheriMini wrote:
Mehrdaaad wrote:
CheriMini wrote:

Hi

Have you received any update about your decision ??
I have received second escalation email and they told me sorry for delay and my application is still under consideration at this time.
Hello. Thank you for sharing your update. We have not received an update. We still unable to contact them so we are waiting. The phone lines won't connect us to an agent and the email option is still not working. We are trying everyday except Saturday and Sunday.

CheriMini
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by CheriMini » Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:44 am

Update: We finally managed to contact UKVI over phone and raise an escalation. According to the information available to the customer service representative, last update on application was 25th of August stating Awaiting Decision.

It's been 9 weeks and 2 days since submitting application and biometrics so if anything we hope since now we have raised an escalation and that helps us get a decision made soon.

Mehrdaaad
Iran

Post by Mehrdaaad » Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:09 pm

CheriMini wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:44 am
Update: We finally managed to contact UKVI over phone and raise an escalation. According to the information available to the customer service representative, last update on application was 25th of August stating Awaiting Decision.

It's been 9 weeks and 2 days since submitting application and biometrics so if anything we hope since now we have raised an escalation and that helps us get a decision made soon.
Good news.
I received my first escalation email on 17th August, second email on 7th September.
I hope we receive decision soon.

CheriMini
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by CheriMini » Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:49 pm

Mehrdaaad wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:09 pm
CheriMini wrote:

Good news.
I received my first escalation email on 17th August, second email on 7th September.
Hi, please advise - when you first contacted UKVI and raised an escalation, did they send you an email the same day to say your escalation has been registered/sent?

I am certain yesterday the contact centre lady we spoke to said we would receive an email after the phone call confirming we had requested an escalation.

That email has not come yet. Or did we misunderstand her? When after your first phone call to them did you receive the first escalation confirmation email?

I am probably worrying too much thinking maybe the escalation did not go through.

Mehrdaaad
Iran

Post by Mehrdaaad » Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:05 pm

CheriMini wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:49 pm
Mehrdaaad wrote:
CheriMini wrote:

Good news.
Hi, please advise - when you first contacted UKVI and raised an escalation, did they send you an email the same day to say your escalation has been registered/sent?

I am certain yesterday the contact centre lady we spoke to said we would receive an email after the phone call confirming we had requested an escalation.

That email has not come yet. Or did we misunderstand her? When after your first phone call to them did you receive the first escalation confirmation email?

I am probably worrying too much thinking maybe the escalation did not go through.

Hi
No, i did not receive the email in the day which I called, when you call , that lady sent a message to team of Sheffield and then they escalate your application, it takes several days until you receive the email from correspondence team of UKVI ( 10 to 14 days based on my experience )

CheriMini
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by CheriMini » Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:22 pm

Mehrdaaad wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:05 pm
CheriMini wrote:
Mehrdaaad wrote:
CheriMini wrote:

Good news.

Hi
No, i did not receive the email in the day which I called, when you call , that lady sent a message to team of Sheffield and then they escalate your application, it takes several days until you receive the email from correspondence team of UKVI ( 10 to 14 days based on my experience )
Oh okay, huh so now we wait. I am hoping we all get positive application outcomes soon and move ahead. Being in this state of limbo is not good at all.

Mehrdaaad
Iran

Post by Mehrdaaad » Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:54 pm

CheriMini wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:22 pm
Mehrdaaad wrote:
CheriMini wrote:
Mehrdaaad wrote:
CheriMini wrote:

Good news.

Hi
Oh okay, huh so now we wait. I am hoping we all get positive application outcomes soon and move ahead. Being in this state of limbo is not good at all.

Me too.
We are in the same boat.
I hope we receive decision email next week.
Please update me as I will

Mehrdaaad
Iran

Post by Mehrdaaad » Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:04 pm

CheriMini wrote:
Mehrdaaad wrote:
CheriMini wrote:
Mehrdaaad wrote:
CheriMini wrote:

Good news.

Hi

Hi
Any update ?

CheriMini
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by CheriMini » Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:56 am

Mehrdaaad wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:04 pm
CheriMini wrote:
Mehrdaaad wrote:
CheriMini wrote:
Mehrdaaad wrote:
CheriMini wrote:

Good news.

Hi

Hi
Any update ?
Hello. No update yet. Tomorrow will be 15 working days since raising an escalation so we are looking forward to hearing from them or having to contact them again. Any news your side?

Mehrdaaad
Iran

Post by Mehrdaaad » Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:21 pm

Hi

on 21th Sep they sent an email and asked additional documents (my english requirement) within 10 working days and i replied and tomorrow is 10th working day and still await.

CheriMini
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by CheriMini » Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:48 am

Mehrdaaad wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:21 pm
Hi on 21th Sep they sent an email and asked additional documents (my english requirement) within 10 working days and i replied and tomorrow is 10th working day and still await.
Hi, we just called UKVI and sadly been informed the escalation team is nolonger active because of the high volume of applications so they disbanded the team so they can all focus on processing applications instead of addressing escalations.

So we don't know what to do now.

I am very heartbroken as I write this. My partner is still in South Africa. I have now relocated to the UK as I was starting work on the 1st of October. We are meant to be working in the same NHS Trust though different roles.

Being unmarried we had thought separate 5 years Skilled Workers visas would work best without pressuring us to marry but now we are thinking as I had applied for mine first, I should have made him my dependant. I know it's too late to regret the route we have chosen to take.

He will have to contact the Trusts HR and find out what happens now with his job offer as we can't even be certain when he will be able to come to the UK.

So many emotions I'm feeling as we had hoped to be at different stages of our lives and careers now. I am having to sort out our flat by myself as I wait on him whilst also adjusting to my new job which coupled with the anxiety of waiting for his decision is making it such a difficult process.

So as it stands, we just wait.

Mehrdaaad
Iran

Post by Mehrdaaad » Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:51 am

CheriMini wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:48 am
Mehrdaaad wrote:
Hi on 21th Sep they sent an email and asked additional documents (my english requirement) within 10 working days and i replied and tomorrow is 10th working day and still await.
Hi, we just called UKVI and sadly been informed the escalation team is nolonger active because of the high volume of applications so they disbanded the team so they can all focus on processing applications instead of addressing escalations.

I am very heartbroken as I write this. My partner is still in South Africa. I have now relocated to the UK as I was starting work on the 1st of October. We are meant to be working in the same NHS Trust though different roles.

Being unmarried we had thought separate 5 years Skilled Workers visas would work best without pressuring us to marry but now we are thinking as I had applied for mine first, I should have made him my dependant. I know it's too late to regret the route we have chosen to take.

He will have to contact the Trusts HR and find out what happens now with his job offer as we can't even be certain when he will be able to come to the UK.

So many emotions I'm feeling as we had hoped to be at different stages of our lives and careers now. I am having to sort out our flat by myself as I wait on him whilst also adjusting to my new job which coupled with the anxiety of waiting for his decision is making it such a difficult process.

Hi
I am so sorry to hear that.
I am in this awful situation too, I applied for skilled worker and I wanted to work in the UK with my wife as my dependant.
We have been waiting for 3 months, due to trust in waiting decision time in gov.uk both of us left our jobs and get stuck in this moments.
We paid more than 8000 pounds for IHS and application fee which is too much for us because of economic issues in my country and also sanction of Iran was huge problem for me to paid that money.
After receiving 2 escalation email, I received an email from decision making center on 21th ,they asked my scanned IELTS test report which I sent and I still await.
I have always thought government in Iran is disaster and not punctuated but Home Office proves me all of them are the same.
I hope we will receive our decisions as soon as possible.
I just can say I understand you due to my application.

Mehrdaaad
Iran

Post by Mehrdaaad » Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:30 am

CheriMini wrote:
Mehrdaaad wrote:

Hi
after 14 weeks, this morning I have received a decision email that says my application has been successful and they will send me my passport and visa.
I just want to tell you please be hopeful to receive your decision letter.

CheriMini
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by CheriMini » Wed Oct 19, 2022 2:10 pm

Mehrdaaad wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:30 am
CheriMini wrote:
Mehrdaaad wrote:

Hi
after 14 weeks, this morning I have received a decision email that says my application has been successful and they will send me my passport and visa.
Hello! I was just about to update you as well. My partner received an email Friday late afternoon that his application had been successful. We were holding off telling anyone else till he picked up his passport and he just collected it from the VAC an hour ago. 14 weeks later! He leaves for the UK on Friday and arrives Saturday.

Many congratulations to you and your family. Thank you for sharing part of your journey with us.

Mehrdaaad
Iran

Post by Mehrdaaad » Wed Oct 19, 2022 3:44 pm

CheriMini wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 2:10 pm
Mehrdaaad wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:30 am
CheriMini wrote:
Mehrdaaad wrote:

Hi
Hello! I was just about to update you as well. My partner received an email Friday late afternoon that his application had been successful. We were holding off telling anyone else till he picked up his passport and he just collected it from the VAC an hour ago. 14 weeks later! He leaves for the UK on Friday and arrives Saturday.

Many congratulations to you and your family. Thank you for sharing part of your journey with us.

Congratulations to you and your partner.
Have a great life.
I was checking the dates of emails that I received from Home Office and I see something interesting.
I did my biometrics in Wednesday (13th July)
I received the first escalation email in Wednesday ( 17th Aug)
I received the second escalation email in Wednesday (7th Sep)
They asked my additional documents in Wednesday (21th Sep)
I receive my decision today , again Wednesday.
All dates were Wednesday !!!!
Is this based on luck or your partners email received in the same day ???

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Wed Oct 19, 2022 3:56 pm

Congratulations to both of you!

It would be very useful for everyone if you could put your timelines in the dedicated post: Out-of-country application timelines