ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child's RoA renewal - No response for 8 months

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

NiSu
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Child's RoA renewal - No response for 8 months

Post by NiSu » Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:52 am

Moderators and memebers,

I applied to renew my childs existing RoA on 01-Nov-2021 as her passport was renewed. Processing times mentioned on form was 6-months. UKVI have received my childs application as it was a signed delivery, but I havent received any reply from UKVI after 6months in May-2021.

I did call UKVI helpline number on UK gov website, but was told no help can be provided on phone, the only option was to write a letter to UKVI. Accordingly I wrote a letter with all the details of my child's application to UKVI Liverpool office. Although the letter was signed by UKVI office and after waiting for more than a month I have received no response from UKVI.

I am bit concerned and clueless what should I do next as the UKVI has my childs renewed original passport but they dont even bother to reply to my application/letter sent to UKVI. Could anyone help or provide a pointer on the next steps to help get an update form UKVI.

-NS

vinny

Re: Child's RoA renewal - No response for 8 months

Post by vinny » Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:08 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:38 am

Also try another email.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

NiSu
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by NiSu » Mon Jul 18, 2022 7:10 pm

Hello Viny,

Thanks for your prompt reply. Today I have sent an email to two email addresses given by you.

Will update in 3-4 days or the moment I receive a reply from email addresses provided.

Thanks a ton and apologies for late reply.

-NS

NiSu
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by NiSu » Sun Jul 24, 2022 12:11 am

Hi Vinny,

Received auto response from UKVI stating they may take up to 20 days to reply.

No further response hence will wait for 20 working days.

Thanks

-NS

NiSu
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by NiSu » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:01 pm

Hello Vinny,

I still haven’t received any response from UKVI.
Is there any other way to get a status update. Some friend was suggesting to reach out to local MP, but I am not sure how to do that.

-NS

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:42 am

NiSu
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by NiSu » Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:21 am

Vinny,
Update, finally yesterday after 10.5 months we have received my daughter’s passport with RoA.
We received passport 4-5 hours after we received an email from UKVI.

I raised a complaint and also contacted MP. I am not sure if it was complaint or MP reach out which prompted action from UKVI.

Also I noticed that RoA was printed on Passport on Mid May just after I sent them a written request asking for status update. I am not sure why it took UKVI 4-months to dispatch passport.

I am planning to leave a feedback on site and to MP on the way the application was handeled.

Thanks for all your help and guidance to help me get through odd situation.

- Regards

SN