ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Extension Application - 2022

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ReVerie

Spouse Visa Extension Application - 2022

Post by ReVerie » Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:45 pm

Hi All,

Let me thank all the people here first who have contributed so much to help people here. There is a lot of information available covering all topics and that's all thanks to you.

I am looking to apply for spouse visa extension for my wife and have researched a lot on it but i still have some questions which I hope i can get the answers to here and would like to offer my thanks in advance.

I am in the middle of filling out the application online for spouse visa extension and would like to query answers to some of the questions, can i kindly request your assistance with the first questions answer:

Question
============
What type of visa, leave to enter or remain or other permission do you have to be in the UK?
(Required)
You can find out this information on the document which shows you are allowed to be in the UK

Visit
Work
Study
Family
Status under the EU Settlement Scheme
Settlement
Other

==============

My wife has the BRP that says on it "Type of Permit : Leave to Enter". Do i choose "Other" from above options and then enter "Leave to Enter" ? Also, shouldn't my wife's BRP also show "Spouse/Partner" under Type of Permit ?

The other question i have for now is for proof of Cohabitation, my wife doesn't have many letters to give as evidence. According to requirement, shes is required to provide 6 items spread over 2.8 years to proof she has been living at the address. She doesnt have any bills to pay, no other utility. She does have a bank with Monzo so can probably print out statements. She also has some NHS letters in year 2020 and 2022 but not much in 2021. What would you advise i do in this situation ?

I will be posting more questions and this time i will be coming with all the questions.

Many thanks in advance for your support!

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: Spouse Visa Extension Application - 2022

Post by Ticktack » Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:11 pm

ReVerie wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:45 pm
Hi All,

Let me thank all the people here first who have contributed so much to help people here. There is a lot of information available covering all topics and that's all thanks to you.

I am looking to apply for spouse visa extension for my wife and have researched a lot on it but i still have some questions which I hope i can get the answers to here and would like to offer my thanks in advance.

I am in the middle of filling out the application online for spouse visa extension and would like to query answers to some of the questions, can i kindly request your assistance with the first questions answer:

Question
============
What type of visa, leave to enter or remain or other permission do you have to be in the UK?
(Required)
You can find out this information on the document which shows you are allowed to be in the UK

Visit
Work
Study
Family
Settlement If you're British or have ILR, then it's this one.
Other

==============

My wife has the BRP that says on it "Type of Permit : Leave to Enter". Do i choose "Other" from above options and then enter "Leave to Enter" ? Also, shouldn't my wife's BRP also show "Spouse/Partner" under Type of Permit ? The sticker visa shows spouse/ Partner and name of spouse. The BRP shows spouse partner, Leave to Enter.

The other question i have for now is for proof of Cohabitation, my wife doesn't have many letters to give as evidence. According to requirement, shes is required to provide 6 items spread over 2.8 years to proof she has been living at the address. She doesnt have any bills to pay, no other utility. She does have a bank with Monzo so can probably print out statements. She also has some NHS letters in year 2020 and 2022 but not much in 2021. What would you advise i do in this situation ? 2.6 years or minimum 2 years. She can use what she has and space them as much as she possibly can. It's not good she doesn't have anything in 2021, and it's not the end of the world either.

I will be posting more questions and this time i will be coming with all the questions. Keep your questions in this thread.

No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

ReVerie

Post by ReVerie » Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:07 pm

Ticktack wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:11 pm
ReVerie wrote:
Hi All,

Question
============
(Required)

Visit
Work
Study
Family
Settlement If you're British or have ILR, then it's this one. But the question is about the applicant right who isnt british yet, shes on Leave to remain so how is this applied?
Other

==============

My wife has the BRP that says on it "Type of Permit : Leave to Enter". Do i choose "Other" from above options and then enter "Leave to Enter" ? Also, shouldn't my wife's BRP also show "Spouse/Partner" under Type of Permit ? The sticker visa shows spouse/ Partner and name of spouse. The BRP shows spouse partner, Leave to Enter.The visa sticker does show partner but the BRP ONLY shows Leave to remain, is this also acceptable ?

The other question i have for now is for proof of Cohabitation, my wife doesn't have many letters to give as evidence. According to requirement, shes is required to provide 6 items spread over 2.8 years to proof she has been living at the address. She doesnt have any bills to pay, no other utility. She does have a bank with Monzo so can probably print out statements. She also has some NHS letters in year 2020 and 2022 but not much in 2021. What would you advise i do in this situation ? 2.6 years or minimum 2 years. She can use what she has and space them as much as she possibly can. It's not good she doesn't have anything in 2021, and it's not the end of the world either. these were mostly the lockdown days but i am a bit concerned for not having much for 2021, so you dont think bank statements with house address every month would be sufficient?

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:42 pm

ReVerie wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:07 pm
Ticktack wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:11 pm
ReVerie wrote:
Hi All,

Question
============
(Required)

Visit
Work
Study
Family
Settlement If you're British or have ILR, then it's this one. But the question is about the applicant right who isnt british yet, shes on Leave to remain so how is this applied?I get that, but she's your dependant. So you determine what she can apply for.
Other

==============

My wife has the BRP that says on it "Type of Permit : Leave to Enter". Do i choose "Other" from above options and then enter "Leave to Enter" ? Also, shouldn't my wife's BRP also show "Spouse/Partner" under Type of Permit ? The sticker visa shows spouse/ Partner and name of spouse. The BRP shows spouse partner, Leave to Enter.The visa sticker does show partner but the BRP ONLY shows Leave to remain, is this also acceptable ?It's fine, they all do the same job. BRP are going to be phased out soon anyways.

The other question i have for now is for proof of Cohabitation, my wife doesn't have many letters to give as evidence. According to requirement, shes is required to provide 6 items spread over 2.8 years to proof she has been living at the address. She doesnt have any bills to pay, no other utility. She does have a bank with Monzo so can probably print out statements. She also has some NHS letters in year 2020 and 2022 but not much in 2021. What would you advise i do in this situation ? 2.6 years or minimum 2 years. She can use what she has and space them as much as she possibly can. It's not good she doesn't have anything in 2021, and it's not the end of the world either. these were mostly the lockdown days but i am a bit concerned for not having much for 2021, so you dont think bank statements with house address every month would be sufficient? Bank statements are fine. Like I said, you use what you have. Just use from as much sources as possible. 3, 4,5 sources. the more the merrier.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:23 am

ReVerie wrote:
Hi All,

Question
============
(Required)

Visit
Work
Study
Family
Settlement
Other

==============

My wife has the BRP that says on it "Type of Permit : Leave to Enter". Do i choose "Other" from above options and then enter "Leave to Enter" ? Also, shouldn't my wife's BRP also show "Spouse/Partner" under Type of Permit ? Leave to enter

The other question i have for now is for proof of Cohabitation, my wife doesn't have many letters to give as evidence. According to requirement, shes is required to provide 6 items spread over 2.8 years to proof she has been living at the address. She doesnt have any bills to pay, no other utility. She does have a bank with Monzo so can probably print out statements. She also has some NHS letters in year 2020 and 2022 but not much in 2021. What would you advise i do in this situation ?

You only need to cover the last 2 years from the date of the application.

I will be posting more questions and this time i will be coming with all the questions.

My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

ReVerie

Post by ReVerie » Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:40 pm

Hmmm this is different to what ticktack, he said to choose Settlement. Any reason for difference in answer?

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:48 pm

ReVerie wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:40 pm
Hmmm this is different to what ticktack, he said to choose Settlement. Any reason for difference in answer?
ReVerie wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:40 pm
Sorry, I mis-read your email. You were actually applying for FLR M for your spouse. It would have been Family.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... form-flr-m

Settlement, is for ILR SET M.

ReVerie

Post by ReVerie » Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:59 pm

Many thanks for your responses.

The next question I have is below:

Are there any factors which would make it difficult or impossible for you to integrate and establish a private life in that country? Yes or No

just want to confirm firstly, here they are still talking about just the applicant and not the British partner? I mean ofcourse we are married so if one has to move back then other will also and in that case the British partner will have to move who might struggle to settle in that country and I can put this as answer to do you think I should add something else ?

Thanks again

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:59 pm

ReVerie wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:59 pm
Many thanks for your responses.

The next question I have is below:

Are there any factors which would make it difficult or impossible for you to integrate and establish a private life in that country? Yes or No

just want to confirm firstly, here they are still talking about just the applicant and not the British partner? I mean ofcourse we are married so if one has to move back then other will also and in that case the British partner will have to move who might struggle to settle in that country and I can put this as answer to do you think I should add something else ?

Thanks again
Questions are mainly for applicants, if otherwise it will indicate about other family members.
Answer truthfully as you deem applies to you. Hardly has an influence on straightforward applications.

ReVerie

Post by ReVerie » Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:17 pm

Many thanks Amazoniax

Further questions please:

Is this the first time you have applied for a partner route, or an extension, with your current partner (including as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner)? This is application for extension so I have applied for her visa ofcourse so I have selected YES as it also says “or an extension” , will this be correct ?

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:06 am

ReVerie wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:17 pm
Many thanks Amazoniax

Is this the first time you have applied for a partner route, or an extension, with your current partner (including as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner)? This is application for extension so I have applied for her visa ofcourse so I have selected YES as it also says “or an extension” , will this be correct ?
Yes, extension.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:41 am

ReVerie wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:17 pm
Many thanks Amazoniax

Is this the first time you have applied for a partner route, or an extension, with your current partner (including as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner)? This is application for extension so I have applied for her visa ofcourse so I have selected YES as it also says “or an extension” , will this be correct ? Correct.

ReVerie

Post by ReVerie » Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:37 pm

Super, many thanks again gents, much appreciated.

The next question i would like to query about is as below:

"Are you a director or non-executive director of a limited company based in the UK?"

I opened a ltd company about 2 months ago so i guess i will have to say YES to that.

It then goes on to mention the below:

"I will provide the following documents as evidence:
(Required)

Evidence as directed by Appendix FM-SE for a director or a non-executive director of a limited company based in the UK"

Its asking me for a tons of documents but i havent done any business yet with my company. I am still in the process of putting together website.

In the documents required, some of the things its asking to provide is as below:

(i) Company Tax Return CT600 (a copy or print-out) for the last full financial year and evidence this has been filed with HMRC, such as electronic or written acknowledgment from HMRC.
(v) Corporate/business bank statements covering the same 12-month period as the Company Tax Return CT600.

I havent done any tax returns and nor do i have any Corporate business bank statements.

Would you be able to advise how best to deal with this section of declaring myself as a Director of company, im sure there's no way i can just say No to this and leave it out

ReVerie

Post by ReVerie » Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:25 pm

Hi All,

I found a post in which it was mentioned that if you are a director of a company that's not doing any business and i can prove that just my employment will be sufficient enough for the financial support then even though i am a director of a ltd company, i can still say NO im not and just mention on cover letter the situation and it should be ok ?

Many thanks

ReVerie

Post by ReVerie » Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:00 am

Hi All,

So I have submitted my application now and have also uploaded all the documents (not submitted yet). I was hoping if i could kindly request a quick glance over my submitted documents by some of the experts here and then i have some queries in relation to the UKVCAS appointment.

Documents (took pictures with phone) Uploaded with Categories:
  • Proof of Identity / Travel History
    Applicant: BRP Front & Back
    Sponsor: Passport - All pages
  • Proof of Application
    Applicant: Passport - All pages
    Spouse Declaration
  • Other
    Checklist
    Cover Letters
    Signed Declarations, excluding spouse declaration
    Photos (since Applicant doesn't have enough documents to cover 2yr subsisting relationship. I will also be including a cover letter to explain situation)
  • Residence in the UK
    Sponsor: 2x Utility, 2x NHS and 2x HMRC documents
    Applicant: same as above and explain the gap with cover letter as i dont have enough documents to cover 2yr of subsistence relationship
    Sponsor: House deed
    Sponsor: Land registry
    Sponsor: Latest Mortgage statement
    Sponsor: Utility bills (applicant doesn't have any bills in her name)
    Sponsor: Council Tax
    No Objection letter
    Do i need to add evaluation to show no. of bedrooms?
  • Finances
    6months Bank statements (Unstamped)
    P60
  • Proof of Business
    Please see comments at bottom of my this post
  • Life Events
    Marriage Certificate (translated)
  • Sponsors / Employment
    (Applicant never had a job)
    Sponsor: 6months Payslips
    Sponsor: Company letter confirming employment status and other points requested
    Sponsor: Employment signed contract
    Sponsor: Company Employment offer letter
  • Educational
    English A2 Cert

thanks a million for checking the above for me please.

I have gone through a lot of posts to get all the information and fill out most of the application. I was stuck on the "Proof of Business" as i was director of the ltd company which i only opened few months ago and havent made any business but then i found few posts in which the advise given was to just say that you are not a director in the application and just state it in the cover letter with explanation, which is what i am going with. I didn't get any response to my this query in this post i would greatly appreciate if someone can pretty please still verify this for me.

The mortgage on the house is a joint mortgage. I will be adding the no objection letter signed by all parties but the council tax is billed only on one of the other persons name and not to Sponsors name. I will be attaching the council tax in their name and then explain in cover letter the exact situation, will this be ok?

The other thing i wanted to ask about were the actual appointments. Applicant's BRP expires 5th November so i have been trying to look for an appointment prior to 5th Nov but the ONLY free appointment i found was on 31st Oct, this is not going to cause any issue due to it being so close to expiry date will it? I did find many other appointments but they are all for £132 which i dont get. Why are they charging so much money for appointments that are still within their free working hours and doesn't include any services. Peoples feedback for Sopra Steria are nothing short of horrendous.

Also, do i have to wait for the appointment to hit the submit button.

Mega thanks for all your support and i hope i can return all this help by helping people in return

ReVerie

Post by ReVerie » Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:26 am

I forgot to ask one more point in my last post!

Do you think its worth paying for the Document checking service ? again, heard so many horrible stories on trustpilot which almost made it sound like its worthless.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:23 am

ReVerie wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:26 am
I forgot to ask one more point in my last post!

Do you think its worth paying for the Document checking service ? again, heard so many horrible stories on trustpilot which almost made it sound like its worthless.
It's worthless!

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:33 am

ReVerie wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:00 am
Hi All,

So I have submitted my application now and have also uploaded all the documents (not submitted yet). I was hoping if i could kindly request a quick glance over my submitted documents by some of the experts here and then i have some queries in relation to the UKVCAS appointment.

• Proof of Application
    Spouse Declaration
  • Other
    Checklist
    Cover Letters
    Photos (since Applicant doesn't have enough documents to cover 2yr subsisting relationship. I will also be including a cover letter to explain situation)Photos don't count. GP letters, council letters, bank statements
  • Residence in the UK
    Applicant: same as above and explain the gap with cover letter as i dont have enough documents to cover 2yr of subsistence relationship
    Sponsor: House deed Not required
    Sponsor: Land registry Not required
    No Objection letter
Not required
  • Finances
    P60
  • Proof of Business
  • Life Events
  • Sponsors / Employment
  • Educational
    English A2 Cert

I have gone through a lot of posts to get all the information and fill out most of the application. I was stuck on the "Proof of Business" as i was director of the ltd company which i only opened few months ago and havent made any business but then i found few posts in which the advise given was to just say that you are not a director in the application and just state it in the cover letter with explanation, which is what i am going with. I didn't get any response to my this query in this post i would greatly appreciate if someone can pretty please still verify this for me.

The mortgage on the house is a joint mortgage. I will be adding the no objection letter signed by all parties but the council tax is billed only on one of the other persons name and not to Sponsors name. I will be attaching the council tax in their name and then explain in cover letter the exact situation, will this be ok? OK

The other thing i wanted to ask about were the actual appointments. Applicant's BRP expires 5th November so i have been trying to look for an appointment prior to 5th Nov but the ONLY free appointment i found was on 31st Oct, this is not going to cause any issue due to it being so close to expiry date will it? Nope, that is fine I did find many other appointments but they are all for £132 which i dont get. No one does!Why are they charging so much money for appointments that are still within their free working hours and doesn't include any services. Peoples feedback for Sopra Steria are nothing short of horrendous.

Mega thanks for all your support and i hope i can return all this help by helping people in return

ReVerie

Post by ReVerie » Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:10 pm

Many thanks TickTack for your response as usual.

I still have some unanswered queries above, really hope someone can answer/confirm them.

Mega Thanks

ReVerie

Post by ReVerie » Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:17 pm

Ticktack wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:33 am
ReVerie wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:00 am
Hi All,

• Proof of Application
    Spouse Declaration
  • Other
    Checklist
    Cover Letters
    Photos (since Applicant doesn't have enough documents to cover 2yr subsisting relationship. I will also be including a cover letter to explain situation)Photos don't count. GP letters, council letters, bank statements I dont actually have ANY letters apart from few from NHS and HMRC. I do have bank statements so will be printing them out maybe more than 2 since i dont have any other docs, hence im also providing photos as i seen we can provide photos and cover letter ?
  • Residence in the UK
    Sponsor: House deed Not required
    Sponsor: Land registry Not required
    No Objection letter
Not required
  • Finances
    P60
  • Proof of Business
  • Life Events
  • Sponsors / Employment
  • Educational
    English A2 Cert

I have gone through a lot of posts to get all the information and fill out most of the application. I was stuck on the "Proof of Business" as i was director of the ltd company which i only opened few months ago and havent made any business but then i found few posts in which the advise given was to just say that you are not a director in the application and just state it in the cover letter with explanation, which is what i am going with. I didn't get any response to my this query in this post i would greatly appreciate if someone can pretty please still verify this for me. Will still be good to get this confirmed

The mortgage on the house is a joint mortgage. I will be adding the no objection letter signed by all parties but the council tax is billed only on one of the other persons name and not to Sponsors name. I will be attaching the council tax in their name and then explain in cover letter the exact situation, will this be ok? OK

The other thing i wanted to ask about were the actual appointments. Applicant's BRP expires 5th November so i have been trying to look for an appointment prior to 5th Nov but the ONLY free appointment i found was on 31st Oct, this is not going to cause any issue due to it being so close to expiry date will it? Nope, that is fine I did find many other appointments but they are all for £132 which i dont get. No one does!Why are they charging so much money for appointments that are still within their free working hours and doesn't include any services. Peoples feedback for Sopra Steria are nothing short of horrendous.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:16 am

Checklist
Cover Letters
Photos (since Applicant doesn't have enough documents to cover 2yr subsisting relationship. I will also be including a cover letter to explain situation)Photos don't count. GP letters, council letters, bank statements I dont actually have ANY letters apart from few from NHS and HMRC. I do have bank statements so will be printing them out maybe more than 2 since i dont have any other docs, hence im also providing photos as i seen we can provide photos and cover letter ?
Photos don't prove that you live together. The general assumption is that if someone lives in the UK for 2.5 years, there are basic things that you do. Banking, credit cards, GP, work (not mandatory), Utility bills, local council letters. But hey, you have what you have. It's just nice to prevent the delays with authenticating your paperwork once it falls out of the usual scope.

I have gone through a lot of posts to get all the information and fill out most of the application. I was stuck on the "Proof of Business" as i was director of the ltd company which i only opened few months ago and havent made any business but then i found few posts in which the advise given was to just say that you are not a director in the application and just state it in the cover letter with explanation, which is what i am going with. I didn't get any response to my this query in this post i would greatly appreciate if someone can pretty please still verify this for me. Will still be good to get this confirmed
Didn't honestly know the answer to this, hence I didn't reply to it.
Maybe @CR001 or @Zimba might be able to shed light on it.

ReVerie

Post by ReVerie » Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:15 am

Still awaiting confirmation for director query above but can someone also confirm please do I just need to show the latest council tax statement ? Do I need to provide more than one council tax statement ?

ReVerie

Post by ReVerie » Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:43 pm

Hi All,

In addition to my last posts, can i just confirm something please.

So i have a joint mortgage on my property for which i will also be providing the "No Objection Letter". The council tax letter is billed to one of the joint mortgage party. On the No Objection letter, all parties names have been mentioned which are on th joint mortgage. I have also mention this in the cover letter.

I believe i need to get the Consent Part 3 signed by both other parties who are on the joint mortgage? while we are on this topic, i have only provided mortgage statement with my name on it as sponsor, i havent provided their mortgage statement as i didnt feel thats required, will this be correct?

Mega thanks!

ReVerie

Post by ReVerie » Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:13 pm

im just 2 days away from my appointment guys so pretty please if i can just get confirmation for peace of mind. I did try searching the forum to see if i can find the exact answer. The above Part 3 consent query, just the mortgage is shown in join names with third party, no financial document is show in joint names. I had initially uploaded it and just put N/A on it but im having second thoughts if i should actually get the signatures of third parties for joint mortgage.

ReVerie

Post by ReVerie » Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:47 pm

Hi All,

Just to update you all, I have just received email from HO to inform me that my application has been successful :mrgreen:

I wanted to thank you all for your support from the bottom of my heart ❤️

Few things which I think would be beneficial for people to know is that, I had opened a LTD company few months ago for which I was also the director. In the application, there was a question asking me if I’m director of a company, I checked “No” but I mentioned in cover note that i DO have a LTD company for which I am the director but i haven’t really worked on my company and it made no business. Since my salary was sufficient enough to fulfil the financial requirement I don’t want to use my company.

The other point was around the 2yr cohabitation proof. The applicant didn’t have enough documents to cover whole 2yr. We still provided 6 items, but most of them were just bank statements with just 2 from NHS covering last few months. Again I gave reason and explanation in the cover note that the applicant had NO bills on her name as all were paid by sponsor I.e. energy, water, utility, mobile.

Looks like it has worked in my case still.

So from the application submission date to HO decision, it took less than 2 weeks and that’s WITHOUT paying for priority service ☺️

Thankyou so much everyone for your help again