ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family visa my parents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Sheheryar jaffery
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Family visa my parents

Post by Sheheryar jaffery » Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:45 am

If somebody could answer and help me with this question that would be great as i’m really stuck.
I came as a dependent on my father visa when i was a kid when i was 11yo. Myself and my brother both been granted our leave to remain in the UK. I’m also married now with 2 kids. My parents have nothing left back home and they are both over 50. Also i require there support here as both me and my wife work full time. What do i do. They have a application in the home for human right or asylum. We have added further document. Because i have my own house, i submitted my house papers, my payslips and even letters from midwife. Also letter from other friends. But unfortunately i haven’t got any answer from home office. I’m really confused as what to do now. Because my parent are not well either. I cannot have them go back home where they have to start from scratch again. Any help would be appreciated thank you

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: Family visa my parents

Post by Ticktack » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:57 am

Sheheryar jaffery wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:45 am
If somebody could answer and help me with this question that would be great as i’m really stuck.
I came as a dependent on my father visa when i was a kid when i was 11yo. Myself and my brother both been granted our leave to remain in the UK. I’m also married now with 2 kids. My parents have nothing left back home and they are both over 50. Also i require there support here as both me and my wife work full time. What do i do. They have a application in the home for human right or asylum. We have added further document. Because i have my own house, i submitted my house papers, my payslips and even letters from midwife. Also letter from other friends. But unfortunately i haven’t got any answer from home office. I’m really confused as what to do now. Because my parent are not well either. I cannot have them go back home where they have to start from scratch again. Any help would be appreciated thank you
What happened between your dad being the primary visa holder and ending up without a leave to remain?
You need to get a very good solicitor!

TBH What you want doesn't really matter at this point, it's what the rules are that matters?
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Sheheryar jaffery
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Sheheryar jaffery » Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:06 am

Well obviously, i was a kid and i was dependent on my father Since i came to the UK. He had several applications for asylum and HUMAN Rights rejected during that time period. Since i was over 18. I was no longer a dependent anymore. I have applied for my own case for 18-25yo and half of the life in UK and i was granted the leave to remain. However my parents are still in the same position with same application of human right or asylum. However situations have changed. Both of his kids are granted the leave to remain and he doesn't have any connection left back home. Plus we are all financial stable in UK and considering my parents age they need me and brother support as much as we need them. Also instead of me call someone from back home on visitor visa for help with kids and provide support. Why not my parents who are already here and there is no one better than rising helping rise grandchildren here

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:55 am

Sheheryar jaffery wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:06 am
Well obviously, i was a kid and i was dependent on my father Since i came to the UK. He had several applications for asylum and HUMAN Rights rejected during that time period. Since i was over 18. I was no longer a dependent anymore. I have applied for my own case for 18-25yo and half of the life in UK and i was granted the leave to remain. However my parents are still in the same position with same application of human right or asylum. However situations have changed. Both of his kids are granted the leave to remain and he doesn't have any connection left back home. Plus we are all financial stable in UK and considering my parents age they need me and brother support as much as we need them. Also instead of me call someone from back home on visitor visa for help with kids and provide support. Why not my parents who are already here and there is no one better than rising helping rise grandchildren here
Personally, from a human point of view, I completely understand the picture that you've painted.

Your application scaled through because you've spent more of your life here in the UK than outside and might not be able to fit back into your society back home.

However, your parents application cannot be decided based on you or your brother. Lady justice is blind. Maybe not exactly blind, but she has something covering her eyes. Some people have been here for over 30 years and still the HO bounces them about. This my friend is the nature of the beast.

Also, what gives you the impression that you could just get someone here from your home country and get them to take care of your kids. That would be in violation of their visit visa "if they even get one".
You need to dig deep in your pocket and get "au pair"!

Unfortunately, your parents knew what they were getting themselves into when they came here, but it was a sacrifice for you and your brother. It's not going to magically go away.

Get a good solicitor and work your way up from there.

On a separate note, this reminds me of something that usually happens in the USA. It's called "Anchor Babies". Read it up!
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:32 am

Sheheryar jaffery wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:45 am
How long has your parent been in the UK? there's the 20 years route under the private life if they can evidenced that they have lived here. did you submit evidence of where they have lived previously?
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

Sheheryar jaffery
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Sheheryar jaffery » Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:00 am

Hello thanks for reaching out yh my parents have only be here 14 years so they do not qualify to 20 years in the uk rule and we have submitted the document of how long they lived her for and back home.