ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long-term visa after 6 months

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Minhr

Long-term visa after 6 months

Post by Minhr » Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:06 pm

Hi everyone.
My parents (Belarusian citizens) are going to apply for the UK visa. I am a British citizen and I will cover all their expenses while they are in the UK. They have visited UK once five years ago on a 6 months visa and now I'd like them to apply for a longer duration visa.
Their current income is not high especially by British standards so they won't even provide bank statements, but they have several properties in Belarus and will show this. In my invitation letter I will ask for a long-term visa because due to my current work I'm not able to travel to Belarus as often as I've done before and also now they have a newborn granddaughter in the UK which I want them to see mo often.
Does it make sense to apply for 5 or even 10 years visa in that situation?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Long-term visa after 6 months

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:48 pm

Minhr wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:06 pm
Hi everyone.
My parents (Belarusian citizens) are going to apply for the UK visa. I am a British citizen and I will cover all their expenses while they are in the UK. They have visited UK once five years ago on a 6 months visa and now I'd like them to apply for a longer duration visa.
Their current income is not high especially by British standards so they won't even provide bank statements, but they have several properties in Belarus and will show this. In my invitation letter I will ask for a long-term visa because due to my current work I'm not able to travel to Belarus as often as I've done before and also now they have a newborn granddaughter in the UK which I want them to see mo often.
While the usual is to get 6, then 2 then 5yr visas, there is report on the forum of making application for long term visit visa and getting it first time.
Its dependent on how convincing the application is presented especially convincing CW of strong ties and applicants returning to home country and not using the visa as a means to be living in UK.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: Long-term visa after 6 months

Post by Ticktack » Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:10 am

Minhr wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:06 pm
Hi everyone.
I'd advise to apply for just 2 years visa. Based on the current conflict between the world and Russia and its cronies, it might not look good for Belarus right now.
You don't want to waste too much money and get rejected. Thread carefully!
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!