ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR BRP renewal

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

KhurramBMP
Newly Registered
Pakistan

ILR BRP renewal

Post by KhurramBMP » Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:26 am

Hi
I have Indefinite leave to Remain with a Biometric residence permit which will expire in Nov 2022. I have not lived in the UK but have kept my ILR valid by regular visits ( have not been away for more than 2 years in the last 10 years). I do have bank statements for the last 10 years with some transactions.

How should I go about renewing my Biometric residence permit? Will be grateful for all advice.

Thanks

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: ILR BRP renewal

Post by Ticktack » Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:15 am

KhurramBMP wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:26 am
Hi
I have Indefinite leave to Remain with a Biometric residence permit which will expire in Nov 2022. I have not lived in the UK but have kept my ILR valid by regular visits ( have not been away for more than 2 years in the last 10 years). I do have bank statements for the last 10 years with some transactions.

How should I go about renewing my Biometric residence permit? Will be grateful for all advice.

Thanks
Quite risky shuttling like that. Your ILR should be renewed in the UK, so that it doesn't raise too many flags about your in and outs.
Your new BRP would only be valid till 31st December, 2024. There's a plan to go digital after that. Details are still sketchy.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

KhurramBMP
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by KhurramBMP » Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:29 am

Thanks . Will bank statements be enough to renew the bio metric permit?

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:24 pm

KhurramBMP wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:29 am
Thanks . Will bank statements be enough to renew the bio metric permit?
Bank statements aren't evidence of residency. If you're a visa national, your passport would get stamped in when you enter the UK.
Kick start filling the renewal form and it would tell you what's required of you.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!