ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

juggurnaut
Newly Registered

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by juggurnaut » Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:34 pm

juggurnaut wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:37 pm
Hi all

OCI application times I've faced recently for fresh OCI applications for myself and family.

Documents submission date: 22/07/2022
Acknowledgement: 25/07/2022
Original Doc received: 27/07/2022
OCI application status: UNDER-PROCESS as on 29/07/2022
OCI cards Received: TBA

Based on recent updates, I would guess I should receive the OCI in 4-5 weeks. Will keep posted.
Updated status:
Documents submission date: 22/07/2022
Acknowledgement: 25/07/2022
Original Doc received: 27/07/2022
Documents Printing Status: PROCESSED as on 17/08/2022

PBStotrAti
Newly Registered
India

Post by PBStotrAti » Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:23 am

Hi all,

Used this Board extensively in the past for ILR / British Citizenship.

Coming back for OCI - my timeline new application for a Minor:

Documents submission date: 01/08/2022
Acknowledgement: 02/08/2022
Original Doc received: 04/08/2022
OCI application status: UNDER-PROCESS as on 19/08/2022

I made a mistake in the first application I created where I wrote London as place of Birth instead of the Borough mentioned in the passport. I had also not included Marriage certificate of parents or Employment details (yeah messed up royally)

So after the appointment on 30th May where these errors were highlighted made a second application

Second time also they queried why I wrote Glasgow as place of issue for the British passport (passport has HMPO, passport was sent from Glasgow so I wrote Glasgow). After a bit if discussion they accepted it.

I am hopeful it will not be an issue and looking at the timescales (reported here ) fingers crossed might hear back in a couple of weeks.

Anyone else has similar stories to share? :roll:

Thanks
PB

PBStotrAti
Newly Registered
India

Post by PBStotrAti » Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:13 pm

Update:

OCI application status:

Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 23-AUG-2022

PBStotrAti
Newly Registered
India

Post by PBStotrAti » Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:30 pm

OCI application status:

Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 23-AUG-2022

OCI cards Received: 25-AUG-2022 :D

Mallu_Desi

Post by Mallu_Desi » Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:18 am

Mallu_Desi wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:48 am
OCI for two month old baby.

Appointment date: 05/08/2022

Acknowledgement date: 08/08/2022. Didn’t receive any text message or email. Only found out about acknowledgment through OCI tracking website.

Document received back: 10/08/2022 (Royal mail Special delivery 1PM) I gave two pre-paid Royal mail Special delivery envelopes to VFS.
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 29-AUG-2022. The OCI card number was displayed on the website.

OCI Card received: Not yet. There is a Royal Mail Strike. I am not sure whether the special delivery service is affected by the strike.

There was no text message from VFS even though I paid for it (small amount but, still)

gsk13
Newly Registered

Post by gsk13 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:48 pm

Hi,

Is anyone facing delay in receiving OCI after the status changed to processsed? My husband has applied for OCI on 26th July at Hounslow centre. Status changed to processsed and Oci number displayed on 18 Aug 2022. However, he has not receivec the OCI until now. We have e- mailed HCI as well, but no response. Is there any other way that we can contact HCI?

Mallu_Desi

Post by Mallu_Desi » Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:20 pm

Mallu_Desi wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:18 am
Mallu_Desi wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:48 am
OCI for two month old baby.

Appointment date: 05/08/2022

Acknowledgement date: 08/08/2022. Didn’t receive any text message or email. Only found out about acknowledgment through OCI tracking website.

Document received back: 10/08/2022 (Royal mail Special delivery 1PM) I gave two pre-paid Royal mail Special delivery envelopes to VFS.
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 29-AUG-2022. The OCI card number was displayed on the website.

OCI Card received: Not yet. There is a Royal Mail Strike. I am not sure whether the special delivery service is affected by the strike.

There was no text message from VFS even though I paid for it (small amount but, still)
OCI card received: 02/09/2022

Thank you very much everyone :)

Mallu_Desi

Post by Mallu_Desi » Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:43 pm

gsk13 wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:48 pm
Hi,

Is anyone facing delay in receiving OCI after the status changed to processsed? My husband has applied for OCI on 26th July at Hounslow centre. Status changed to processsed and Oci number displayed on 18 Aug 2022. However, he has not receivec the OCI until now. We have e- mailed HCI as well, but no response. Is there any other way that we can contact HCI?
I think its worth contacting the VFS team.

"For further information, please visit our website or kindly contact our helpline on +44 203 793 8629 or +44 203 788 4666 or 0905 757 0045, or you can write to us at our email address info.inuk@vfshelpline.com"

I got this from a VFS email

Mallu_Desi

Post by Mallu_Desi » Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:45 pm

Mallu_Desi wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:43 pm
gsk13 wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:48 pm
Hi,

I think its worth contacting the VFS team.

"For further information, please visit our website or kindly contact our helpline on +44 203 793 8629 or +44 203 788 4666 or 0905 757 0045, or you can write to us at our email address info.inuk@vfshelpline.com"

Punjabipower
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Punjabipower » Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:17 am

FRESH OCI APPLICATION

APPLICATION FOR ADULT

Documents submission date: 05/09/2022
Acknowledgement: PENDING
Original Doc received:PENDING
OCI application status:

APPLICATION FOR MINOR (CHILD BORN IN UK)
Acknowledgement: PENDING
OCI application status:

DOCUMENTS CHECKLIST FOR ADULT (ROOT TO INDIA SELF)
ORIGINAL INDIAN PASSPORT(CANCELLED/SURRENDERED)
ORIGINAL SURRENDER CERTIFICATE
PHOTOCOPY OF BRITISH PASSPORT
PHOTOCOPY OF UK DRIVING LICENCE (PROOF OF ADDRESS)
PHOTOCOPY OF MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE (MANDATORY FOR MARRIED APPLICANT, IF SPOUSE NAME IS FILLED AND DECLARED ON THE APPLICATION FORM )
PHOTOCOPY OF SPOUSE PASSPORT (BRITISH OR INDIAN ,MANDATORY FOR MARRIED APPLICANT, IF SPOUSE NAME IS FILLED AND DECLARED ON THE APPLICATION FORM)
EMPLOYMENT CONFIRMATION LETTER AND RECENT PAYSLIP

DOCUMENTS CHECKLIST FOR CHILD (MINOR) (ROOT TO INDIA "PARENTS")
ORIGINAL BRITISH BIRTH CERTIFICATE OF THE CHILD (APPLICANT)
ORIGINAL MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE OF PARENTS
PHOTOCOPY OF BRITISH PASSPORT OF THE CHILD (APPLICANT)
PHOTOCOPY OF BRITISH PASSPORT OF THE FATHER
PHOTOCOPY OF INDIAN PASSPORT OF THE MOTHER
PHOTOCOPY OF DRIVING UK DRIVING LICENCE (FATHER and MOTHER) AS PROOF OF ADDRESS in UNITED KINGDOM.

(SCANNED COPY OF ALL THESE DOCUMENTS UPLOADED AND CHILD'S LEFT THUMB IMPRESSIONS SCANNED COPY UPLOADED ONLINE PLACE OF SIGNATURE BOX)

I AM SHARING ALL THIS INFORMATION OF DOCUMENTS TO BE ATTACHED WITH YOU GUYS AS THIS MIGHT HELP SOMEONE APPLYING FOR THE OCI, AS THE INFORMATION ON THE CHECKLIST OF DOCUMENTS IS NOT CLEAR ON HIGH COMMISON OF INDIA WEBSITE AND MIGHT SAVE YOUR TIME.

MAKE SURE TAKE 2INCH X 2 INCH PHOTOGRAPH TAKEN BY PROFESSIONAL PHOTO STUDIO AS THE APPLICATION IS NOT ACCEPTED WITHOUT RIGHT SIZE PHOTOGRAPH, I HAVE SEEN THEY HAVE NOT ACCEPTED THE APPLICATION AND SENT PEOPLE HOME AS THE PHOTOGRAPH WAS NOT RIGHT AS SPECIFIED.

visaforus

Post by visaforus » Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:47 am

tomzion1984 wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:34 am
Timeline for OCI card new

Appointment date: 02 May
Appointment location: Belfast
Acknowledgement received: 06 May
Processed on: 27 May
OCI Cards received: 01 June

I booked my appointment at Belfast since there was none available in England.
Hi, is it possible to apply in Belfast if you are living in London? Thanks

Punjabipower
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Punjabipower » Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:14 pm

FRESH OCI APPLICATION

APPLICATION FOR ADULT

Acknowledgement: 09/09/2022
OCI application status:PENDING

APPLICATION FOR MINOR (CHILD BORN IN UK)
Acknowledgement: 09/09/2022
OCI application status:PENDING

Ktiwari1701
Newly Registered
India

Post by Ktiwari1701 » Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:33 am

Hello,

Could somebody please share current timelines to get your surrender certificate after attending the appointment? Thanks!

Hamzahshakeel
Newly Registered

Post by Hamzahshakeel » Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:12 pm

Application for renewal of oci due to name change

Date submitted: 26/05/2022
Submitted at Birmingham centre

Anyone know why for a renewal it’s taking so long as I’ve seen many people so fresh applications are coming much sooner wven after applying later than me

cyberstud23

Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by cyberstud23 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:34 pm

Date of Appointment: 26-Aug-22
(Online OCI Status checked 15-Sep-22)
Date Of Acknowledgment 29-AUG-2022
Registration Status at Mission LONDON
OCI Application Status UNDER-PROCESS
Document Birth Certificate : Not received
Delivery: Royal Mail Special Delivery Silver envelope and stuck 3 stamps each on both envelopes the envelopes.

I have applied for OCI for my 1 year old child on 26-Aug-22 from VFS Office Hounslow. I used Royal Mail Special Service 1pm upto 500 gm and got 2 envelopes and 3x2 sticker stamps for £15. The VFS person at the counter made me sign a form if something happens they are not responsible as I am using a Royal Mail service. I signed and wrote my address on the envelop. The VFS person gave me a receipt which has a reference number starting SF and ending GB. I forgot to take the screen shot of the reference number from my Royal Mail envelopes. en I check online in on Royal Mail tracker I get "Sorry, we're currently unable to confirm the status of your item with reference SFXXXXXXXXXXGB" . Does the reference number I have been given in the receipt and the Royal mail number the same. If yes, then this could be the reference number that I will get the OCI card on.

Strike or No Strike its been a 2+ weeks and I have not received the birth certificate that I thought should have got delivered to me. Now I am think will I get my child OCI card or not. The current PCI application status is Under Progress and Acknowledgement received on 29-Aug-2022 .

Have I paid the right fees for the postage. If I have not paid then at least Royal mail would have sent me a message to pay additional money to get the item delivered.

Punjabipower
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Punjabipower » Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:17 pm

@“CYBERSTUD23” Just don’t panic my friend, I am in the same boat, I have submitted application on 5th September, I have been told Originals Documents ( my indian passport, my surrender certificate and for my child’s birth certificate &my marriage certificate ) would be returned within one week, its about to finish two weeks, I am sure they will return the documents sooner, You know that schools were off untill last week, many people take holiday this time of year before summer ends, I believe High Commission of India must be short of staff and possibly running 2 weeks behind. “ I HOPE THAT YOU WILL RECEIVE YOUR DOCUMENTS SOONER “. Good Luck to you.

Once you receive your documents do update US.

Sangsai
Newly Registered

Post by Sangsai » Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:58 pm

Hi everyone. I want to apply for OCI and wanted to know what documents I need. I was born in the UK, am an adult and have British passport. I am currently unemployed but was employed previously I have old payslips and P45. My parents were born in India and now live in the UK and have British passports. They still have their old Indian expired passports they have kept as well as their active UK passports. My dad has OCI. Which documents do I need for the application? And if I will be using parents documents do I take the originals as well as photocopies to VFS ? Do they check and give originals back and keep just the photocopies? How many copies should I take? Any advice would be appreciated.

Punjabipower
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Punjabipower » Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:09 pm

Sangsai wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:58 pm
Hi everyone. I want to apply for OCI and wanted to know what documents I need. I was born in the UK, am an adult and have British passport. I am currently unemployed but was employed previously I have old payslips and P45. My parents were born in India and now live in the UK and have British passports. They still have their old Indian expired passports they have kept as well as their active UK passports. My dad has OCI. Which documents do I need for the application? And if I will be using parents documents do I take the originals as well as photocopies to VFS ? Do they check and give originals back and keep just the photocopies? How many copies should I take? Any advice would be appreciated.

As You are Born In UK:-

Your Original British Passport & Two hard photocopies “ Orignal Passport would be seen and returned”

Your Original Birth Certificate along with two photocopies “Orignal would be Kept”.

Your Parents Original Marriage Certificate two photocopies original would be kept.

Your Parents original Surrender Certificate of Indian Passport & two photocopies Original would be seen and returned.

Original Cancelled Indian Passports of parents if avalaible, two photocopies, original would be seen and returned

Original Current British Passport of parents Two photocopies Original would be seen and returned.

Original OCI of Parents & Take two photocopies.

Letter from employer or proof of Income if self employed” i do not think this is mandatory “

Your UK Driving Licence as Proof of UK Address again only photocopy is required.

Take all originals with you with two photocopies of each document.

Though they only need documents of One parent Either Mother or Father, I will advise you to take both.

Only original they will keep is your parents marriage certificate and Your UK birth Certificate.

And Do not forget to Scan and Upload all these documents online as decision is made from India “New Delhi”. Take a photo 2inch x 2inch as Indian Visa / OCI standard pic taken by professional studio and upload the same picture in online too.

Good Luck with your Application.

Sangsai
Newly Registered

Post by Sangsai » Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:46 pm

@punjabipower thank you for the comprehensive reply. My birth certificate and parents marriage certificate do they keep it for a long time until the OCI is processed and it is given or do they keep it for a few days at the VFS office to process the application etc then post these back? Thank you 🙏

Sangsai
Newly Registered

Post by Sangsai » Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:53 pm

Punjabipower wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:09 pm
Sangsai wrote:

Your Original British Passport & Two hard photocopies “ Orignal Passport would be seen and returned”

Your Original Birth Certificate along with two photocopies “Orignal would be Kept”.

Your Parents Original Marriage Certificate two photocopies original would be kept.

Your Parents original Surrender Certificate of Indian Passport & two photocopies Original would be seen and returned.

Original Cancelled Indian Passports of parents if avalaible, two photocopies, original would be seen and returned

Original Current British Passport of parents Two photocopies Original would be seen and returned.

Letter from employer or proof of Income if self employed” i do not think this is mandatory “

Your UK Driving Licence as Proof of UK Address again only photocopy is required.

Though they only need documents of One parent Either Mother or Father, I will advise you to take both.

Only original they will keep is your parents marriage certificate and Your UK birth Certificate.

And Do not forget to Scan and Upload all these documents online as decision is made from India “New Delhi”. Take a photo 2inch x 2inch as Indian Visa / OCI standard pic taken by professional studio and upload the same picture in online too.

@punjabipower thank you for the comprehensive reply. My birth certificate and parents marriage certificate do they keep it for a long time until the OCI is processed and it is given or do they keep it for a few days at the VFS office to process the application etc then post these back? And do the photocopies need to be colour or will black and white be okay? Thank you 🙏

Punjabipower
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Punjabipower » Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:56 pm

Sangsai wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:53 pm
Punjabipower wrote:
Sangsai wrote:

@punjabipower thank you for the comprehensive reply. My birth certificate and parents marriage certificate do they keep it for a long time until the OCI is processed and it is given or do they keep it for a few days at the VFS office to process the application etc then post these back? And do the photocopies need to be colour or will black and white be okay? Thank you 🙏
@Sangsai, scan uploads should be coloured, photocopies can be black and white, but i have submitted coloured photocopies, and original would be returned within 3 weeks, before Oci card as OCI can take upto 6 weeks , In normal cases.

Sangsai
Newly Registered

Post by Sangsai » Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:26 pm

Punjabipower wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:56 pm
Sangsai wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:53 pm
Punjabipower wrote:
Sangsai wrote:

@Sangsai, scan uploads should be coloured, photocopies can be black and white, but i have submitted coloured photocopies, and original would be returned within 3 weeks, before Oci card as OCI can take upto 6 weeks , In normal cases.
Thank you for all your help and advice. Waiting for my renewed passport then will start the OCI application 🙏

Hamzahshakeel
Newly Registered

Post by Hamzahshakeel » Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:22 pm

Hamzahshakeel wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:12 pm
Application for renewal of oci due to name change

Date submitted: 26/05/2022
Submitted at Birmingham centre

Anyone know why for a renewal it’s taking so long as I’ve seen many people so fresh applications are coming much sooner wven after applying later than me
Anyone help?

cyberstud23

Post by cyberstud23 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:59 pm

Punjabipower wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:17 pm
@“CYBERSTUD23” Just don’t panic my friend, I am in the same boat, I have submitted application on 5th September, I have been told Originals Documents ( my indian passport, my surrender certificate and for my child’s birth certificate &my marriage certificate ) would be returned within one week, its about to finish two weeks, I am sure they will return the documents sooner, You know that schools were off untill last week, many people take holiday this time of year before summer ends, I believe High Commission of India must be short of staff and possibly running 2 weeks behind. “ I HOPE THAT YOU WILL RECEIVE YOUR DOCUMENTS SOONER “. Good Luck to you.

Once you receive your documents do update US.
A friend of mine applied for his child's OCI through VFS Goswell London on 2-Sep-22 and he received his child's birth certificate in 4-5 days through DX.
I applied for my child OCI through VFS Hounslow London on 26-Aug-22 through Royal Mail Special Envelope 7.65 x 2 envelope and still I have not received the original birth certificate. I checked the OCI status online and it now says Processed on 19-Sep-22. I have not received the OCI card.
I have the reference number given by the person at the VFS and I think that would be the Royal mail tracking number SF32XXXXX21GB . How long should one wait after Processed status to get the OCI card.

The Royal Mail Track and Trace shows
Sorry, we're currently unable to confirm the status of your item with reference SF32XXXXX21GB . Please try again tomorrow.
Should I visit VFS Hounslow thats 1 1/2 hours away and ask them at the counter ?

cyberstud23

Post by cyberstud23 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:00 pm

A friend of mine applied for his child's OCI through VFS Goswell London on 2-Sep-22 and he received his child's birth certificate in 4-5 days through DX. His OCI status is Under Process.
I applied for my child OCI through VFS Hounslow London on 26-Aug-22 through Royal Mail Special Envelopes £7.65 x 2 and still I have not received the original birth certificate. I checked the OCI status online and it now says Processed on 19-Sep-22. I have not received the OCI card.
I have the reference number given by the person at the VFS and I think that would be the Royal mail tracking number SF32XXXXX21GB . How long should one wait after Processed status to get the OCI card.

The Royal Mail Track and Trace shows
Sorry, we're currently unable to confirm the status of your item with reference SF32XXXXX21GB . Please try again tomorrow.
Should I visit VFS Hounslow thats 1 1/2 hours away and ask them at the counter ?