ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Coming to Schengen area to obtain my EU passport

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

paulyguac
Newly Registered
United States of America

Coming to Schengen area to obtain my EU passport

Post by paulyguac » Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:42 pm

Hello,
My Lithuanian (LT) citizenship was restored with a decree that only has my initials. I know that I should ask the LT consulate the following, but they are taking awhile to respond.

I wish to travel in the next 2-3 weeks to Spain, and remain there for about 5 months, and the return to the US. I figured I could apply for my passport at the LT consulate in Spain. What if they take more than 3 months to issue my passport, and someone asks for it? Would the LT consulate issue me something to avoid problems? I assume the decree means nothing unless I am in LT.

Once I relocate to Spain, or elsewhere, are there additional general ID cards I need, or registrations I need to make? I am aware most countries require you to register your presence, but I am wondering if I should acquire some kind of health card, or id card.

Many thanks!!

meself2
Ireland

Re: Coming to Schengen area to obtain my EU passport

Post by meself2 » Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:08 pm

paulyguac wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:42 pm
I wish to travel in the next 2-3 weeks to Spain, and remain there for about 5 months, and the return to the US. I figured I could apply for my passport at the LT consulate in Spain. What if they take more than 3 months to issue my passport, and someone asks for it? Would the LT consulate issue me something to avoid problems? I assume the decree means nothing unless I am in LT.
Don't think your decree has sufficient information for Spanish authorities to make sure you're an EU citizen until you get a passport (which they can recognize), but I might be wrong; Lithuanian authorities would indeed be the best source of this information, but maybe someone here had experience.
paulyguac wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:42 pm
Once I relocate to Spain, or elsewhere, are there additional general ID cards I need, or registrations I need to make? I am aware most countries require you to register your presence, but I am wondering if I should acquire some kind of health card, or id card.
Here's a helpful page for Irish (but since Lithuania is in the EU, it should work for you as well) citizens that aim to relocate - https://www.dfa.ie/irish-embassy/spain/ ... uirements/
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

paulyguac
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: Coming to Schengen area to obtain my EU passport

Post by paulyguac » Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:27 am

thank you that is useful