ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for mother

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vnsarvind

ILR for mother

Post by vnsarvind » Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:00 am

Hi All,

My 2 years old son got British citizenship now because he was born in UK and I got ILR few months back. Me and my wife both have parental responsibilities. Can my wife apply for ILR using 5 years route because my son got British citizenship? My wife lived on different visa in UK and here is list:

June 2016 to June 2021 - Tier 2 ICT ( main applicant)
June 2021 till date- Tier 2 general dependent ( because last year I was on Tier 2 general main applicant)

Now she have more than 5 years on UK but on different visas.

My elder son is also on Tier 2 general dependent (same visa as my wife) and living in UK with since June 2016 on Tier 2 ICT dependent (June 2016 to June 2021) and Tier 2 general dependent (June 2021 till date). Is he also eligible for ILR?

https://www.gov.uk/indefinite-leave-to- ... ily/parent

Please advise.

vinny

Re: ILR for mother

Post by vinny » Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:14 am

No. Your wife and non-UK born child need to complete at least 5 years as your dependants before being eligible for ILR.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vnsarvind

Post by vnsarvind » Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:30 am

vinny wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:14 am
No. Your wife and non-UK born child need to complete at least 5 years as your dependants before being eligible for ILR.
Thanks for your response.
Their visa will expire in coming months ( it was forJune 2021 to June 2023, because my visa was till June 2023)
Now I have ILR, so for renewal which visa category they should apply?
Is it ILR dependent or Tier 2 general dependent or any other category?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:16 am

They apply for a skilled worker dependent extension. It will be a 3 year extension.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.