ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ESTA - Questions

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

AY10
Newly Registered

ESTA - Questions

Post by AY10 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:42 am

Hello,

I am applying for ESTA using my British Passport, and I have a couple of questions on the field -

1) Under "Place of Birth" in my British Passport - both the City and State are mentioned. So, should I mention this exactly in "City of Birth" field on ESTA form or just the city?

2) I surrendered my Indian Passport (expiry year 2028), when I acquired British Citizenship - what should I input as an "Expiry Date" field of previously held travel documents - should it be 2028 or the year I surrendered the passport?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: ESTA - Questions

Post by Ticktack » Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:29 am

AY10 wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:42 am
Hello,

I am applying for ESTA using my British Passport, and I have a couple of questions on the field -

1) Under "Place of Birth" in my British Passport - both the City and State are mentioned. So, should I mention this exactly in "City of Birth" field on ESTA form or just the city?Depends on what is on your passport.

2) I surrendered my Indian Passport (expiry year 2028), when I acquired British Citizenship - what should I input as an "Expiry Date" field of previously held travel documents - should it be 2028 or the year I surrendered the passport?You probably have this clause because you chose other citizenship. You are no longer an Indian citizen and should have stated British only. A citizen is someone that has an entitlement to the passport of a country. Indians don't, once they acquire another citizenship.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

AY10
Newly Registered

Post by AY10 » Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:15 pm

Actually, this is the question in the ESTA form
"Have you ever been issued a passport or national identity card for travel by any other country?"
under which I have to declare all previously held passports - hence the confusion over expiry date.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:20 am

AY10 wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:15 pm
Actually, this is the question in the ESTA form
"Have you ever been issued a passport or national identity card for travel by any other country?"
under which I have to declare all previously held passports - hence the confusion over expiry date.
In that case, put the year the passport actually expires (2028). It has no effect on your ESTA application.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!