ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tourist Visa Application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nat1111
Newly Registered

Visitor Visa Advice

Post by nat1111 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:57 pm

Hi,

Looking for some advice on applying for a visitor visa please! It's for my fiance to visit me in the UK (he's in the states). I've been advised before that although there isn't a money requirement, it's advisable to show you or both of you have £1000-£1500 for each month of the visitor visa. Can anyone advise please?

Also, what are the timescales - e.g how much time is given between the visa being accepted to then booking the flight to come to the UK?

If anyone has any advice on the visitor visa application etc I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks,
Natalie

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: Visitor Visa Advice

Post by Ticktack » Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:54 pm

nat1111 wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:57 pm
Hi,

Looking for some advice on applying for a visitor visa please! It's for my fiance to visit me in the UK (he's in the states). I've been advised before that although there isn't a money requirement, it's advisable to show you or both of you have £1000-£1500 for each month of the visitor visa. Can anyone advise please? I'm assuming that he isn't American. If he is, he doesn't need a visa. He just needs to show that the has enough money for sustenance whilst he's here. If he isn't, he'll need more than proof of funds for a visa. Prior advice

Also, what are the timescales - e.g how much time is given between the visa being accepted to then booking the flight to come to the UK?He can fly the same night he gets his visa.

If anyone has any advice on the visitor visa application etc I'd really appreciate it! See link above.

Thanks,
Natalie
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

nat1111
Newly Registered

Post by nat1111 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:17 am

Hey!

Thank you for the reply, will check out the link.

He is American however needs to apply to come to the UK as he was refused entry at the border earlier this year.

Thanks
Natalie

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:40 am

nat1111 wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:17 am
Hey!

He is American however needs to apply to come to the UK as he was refused entry at the border earlier this year.

Thanks
Natalie
Why was he refused entry?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nat1111
Newly Registered

Tourist Visa Application

Post by nat1111 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:33 pm

Hey!

My partner is applying for a tourist visa to come see me in London ( he’s in the states ) for 6 months.

Any advice / tips on the application please? I saw they advise some extra bits like proof of relationship, proof of tourist activities etc but that’s only additional?

Thank you!

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: Tourist Visa Application

Post by Ticktack » Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:56 am

nat1111 wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:33 pm
Hey!

My partner is applying for a tourist visa to come see me in London ( he’s in the states ) for 6 months.

Any advice / tips on the application please? I saw they advise some extra bits like proof of relationship, proof of tourist activities etc but that’s only additional?

Thank you!
It would depend on where he's from and where he's applying from. Visit visas don't need proof of relationships.

nat1111
Newly Registered

Post by nat1111 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:24 am

He's from America and is in America. Thank you, what about the part they suggest showing tourist activities? Also, how stringent are they with the date that's on the form for him to arrive? For example, we put a date in December but his application is approved sooner and we want to bring the date forward?

Thanks
Nat

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:30 am

nat1111 wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:24 am
He's from America and is in America. Thank you, what about the part they suggest showing tourist activities? You can provide some places of interest he will be visiting, you dont need to book or anything. Also, how stringent are they with the date that's on the form for him to arrive? For example, we put a date in December but his application is approved sooner and we want to bring the date forward? No problem on that however do provide evidence of himhaving string ties to return to in home country.

Thanks
Nat

nat1111
Newly Registered

Post by nat1111 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:35 am

Thank you for your advise, appreciate it. Regarding the additional documents that are optional, are there any that are best to add? For example, he isn't asked to show bank statements however is thinking of showing these anyway. I'm also going to show a bank statement of my savings.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:52 am

nat1111 wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:35 am
Thank you for your advise, appreciate it. Regarding the additional documents that are optional, are there any that are best to add? For example, he isn't asked to show bank statements however is thinking of showing these anyway. I'm also going to show a bank statement of my savings.
I'm sure I'm missing something here. Just making sure we're on the same page here. He's American, why is he applying for a UK visa?
All he needs to do is buy a ticket and get on the plane.

Please connect the dots for me!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:59 am

Ticktack wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:52 am
nat1111 wrote:
I'm sure I'm missing something here. Just making sure we're on the same page here. He's American, why is he applying for a UK visa?

Topics merged. The OPs fiance was refused entry to the UK earlier this year but the OP has not responded on the question of why entry was refused.
CR001 wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:40 am
nat1111 wrote:
Hey!

Thanks
Natalie
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:26 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:59 am
Ticktack wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:52 am
nat1111 wrote:

Topics merged. The OPs fiance was refused entry to the UK earlier this year but the OP has not responded on the question of why entry was refused.
CR001 wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:40 am
nat1111 wrote:
Hey!

Thanks
Natalie
I knew that username was familiar, I just couldn't place my finger on it. Not exactly sure how OP wants miracle answers when they don't open up. Without the facts of the case or the true picture of events, no one can give a solid answer.

nat1111
Newly Registered

Post by nat1111 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:27 am

He was refused entry earlier this year as had tobacco with him, he brought it over not knowing there was a limit - it was an innocent mistake :( He'd only bought a 1 way at the time too so lot of questions were raised!

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:44 am

nat1111 wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:27 am
He was refused entry earlier this year as had tobacco with him, he brought it over not knowing there was a limit - it was an innocent mistake :( He'd only bought a 1 way at the time too so lot of questions were raised!
Hmmmm, no pun intended, but that means he was caught with tobacco smuggling and no return ticket.
Excess tobacco isn't a crime you get returned back to country of origin for. Most times it's seized, your passport flagged and probably given a fine.
One way ticket is a different kettle of fish, as it probably shows that he has no intent to return back to the USA.

He would have been taken inside for further questioning. At this juncture, they would have asked him what he does for a living, what he earns, how much he has on him in person, what funds he has accessible to him whilst he's here in the UK and check if he has any criminal records.
He was found wanting in one or more of this line of questioning, that's why he got sent back.

My advise, go see him in the USA (if you want to see him this year). He needs a cooling off period. His visa application might be treated as being desperate to enter the UK for whatever reason.

Or you guys can meet up in neighbouring Republic of Ireland or France.

Just my advise, you can go with your gut feeling.