ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Spouse Visa extension delay

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

heathrow
Newly Registered

UK Spouse Visa extension delay

Post by heathrow » Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:44 pm

My wife applied for a spouse visa extension on 14 May and had her appointment on 10 June, and we are still waiting. She has some sort of extension until 23 December, so she can still work (but we can't go on holiday). So in total its been 14 weeks since her appointment on 10 June (the visa processing time is supposed to be 8 weeks). There is no way of making an enquiry with the Home Office so I asked my MP to make an enquiry, which they did on 23 August. They have not had any response to their enquiry and made a further enquiry on 14 September. The delay seems very odd as all the spouse visa extensions I see on this site have been made promptly. Any ideas what else I can do?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: UK Spouse Visa extension delay

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:00 am

heathrow wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:44 pm
My wife applied for a spouse visa extension on 14 May and had her appointment on 10 June, and we are still waiting. She has some sort of extension until 23 December, so she can still work (but we can't go on holiday). So in total its been 14 weeks since her appointment on 10 June (the visa processing time is supposed to be 8 weeks). There is no way of making an enquiry with the Home Office so I asked my MP to make an enquiry, which they did on 23 August. They have not had any response to their enquiry and made a further enquiry on 14 September. The delay seems very odd as all the spouse visa extensions I see on this site have been made promptly. Any ideas what else I can do?
There are delays being experienced and this can take up to 6months. Try get the MP feedback while you continue to be patient.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:25 am

heathrow wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:44 pm
Is your partner currently on 5 or 10 years route? If it is 10 years, it is currently taking a long time to be decided while if it is 5 years then it can take upto 8 weeks. I know tons of people who applied in May and have successful received their approval unless your application isn't straightforward?
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

heathrow
Newly Registered

Post by heathrow » Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:57 pm

Thanks for the responses. I assume my wife is on the 5 year route, but she has never received any correspondence from the Home Office. I guess we will have to be patient. If it gets to December and there is still no response then I will start worrying.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:48 pm

heathrow wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:57 pm
Thanks for the responses. I assume my wife is on the 5 year route, but she has never received any correspondence from the Home Office. I guess we will have to be patient. If it gets to December and there is still no response then I will start worrying.
Can you try clarify on what route she is, 5 and 10 years are so far apart.....her initial spouse visa grant can point you under which route.

heathrow
Newly Registered

Post by heathrow » Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:21 pm

Well it’s now over 4 months since my wife’s spouse visa extension application on 10 June. Two enquiries by my MP to the Home office but no response. My wife meets all the requirements- it should be a very easy decision to make. Has anyone tried to get the first tier tribunal to require the HO to provide a reason for the delay?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:16 pm

heathrow wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:21 pm
Well it’s now over 4 months since my wife’s spouse visa extension application on 10 June. Two enquiries by my MP to the Home office but no response. My wife meets all the requirements- it should be a very easy decision to make. Has anyone tried to get the first tier tribunal to require the HO to provide a reason for the delay?
You don't get to decide it is easy despite how it seems.
It does not work that way using FTT to compel a response.