ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR through Ancestry dependent

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

killamangiro86
Newly Registered
New Zealand

ILR through Ancestry dependent

Post by killamangiro86 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:37 pm

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone can help. My partner has been a dependent through my ancestry visa 7 years now (I've since gone on to get ILR and subsequently citizenship), we have just started the SET O application for her and I'm just wondering what is the correct box to tick on the below options? I'm guessing it's 'Other purposes or reasons not covered by other application forms' but I expected there to be a Work permit Dependant option of similar. Apologies if this has been already asked and thank you!

Tier 1 or Global Talent dependants

Tier 1 migrant

Skilled Worker, Tier 2 or International Sportsperson dependant

Skilled Worker, Tier 2 or International Sportsperson

Bereaved partner

Representative of an overseas business

Retired person of independent means

UK ancestry

Global talent

Hong Kong British National (Overseas) (BN(O))

Any other employment

Afghan Resettlement

Other purposes or reasons not covered by other application forms

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR through Ancestry dependent

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:26 am

You select UK ancestry.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

killamangiro86
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by killamangiro86 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:43 am

Thanks for your reply CR001. This forum was such a good resource when going through my own visa applications, I do appreciate it!

Just to clarify, because she is the main and sole applicant, when we click through to ancestry there is no mention or box to check that she was a dependant, does she just fill out the form as if she had an ancestry visa? I only ask as the other visa options clearly state 'Dependant' before you click through and begin the application, but ancestry has no such thing.

Secondly under supporting documents.. Obviously she won't have grandparents birth certs, as she obtained the visa as a dependant of mine, do we just leave that unchecked and supply some documentation of mine as to how she gained her dependant visa?

Annoyingly doing some research it seems she may have been able to apply for ILR on my application a few years back, but the advisor we had said she would need to reach 5 years (she was only three years at the time due to initially being on a Youth Mobility Visa which doesn't count). So they extended her dependant visa for another five years when I got my ILR and now here we are.

Many thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:53 am

It would have been simpler if she applied when you did yes. There is no 5 year residence requirement for Ancestry dependents.

Select Ancestry, complete the form and add a covering letter explaining.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

killamangiro86
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by killamangiro86 » Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:27 pm

Just one more query (I hope) before we submit this.

On the checklist is asks you to tick that you have your grandparents documents .. Obviously she won't have this as her visa was obtained through my ancestry, & they also ask for her birth certificate with her parents names. I'm presuming the later is only required to prove lineage (which she doesn't have). Is it fine not to submit any birth certs at all in this case? Will will be writing the cover letter as per your advice.

Obviously I could give my grandparent birth certs, but that would be somewhat irrelevant I presume.

thank you!

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:31 am

I think if you select UK Ancestry, then the form expects that you are the lead UK Ancestry applicant?

Perhaps your guess 'Other purposes or reasons not covered by other application forms' was correct?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

killamangiro86
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by killamangiro86 » Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:43 am

That didn’t seem like the right form when going into it. Unfortunately there seems to be no official advice :|