ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

About refusal entry- because of multiple entry each year

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

themusicman
Newly Registered
China

About refusal entry- because of multiple entry each year

Post by themusicman » Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:39 am

This might be off-topic or might sound a bit aggressive.

I would like to ask is there a set limit for how long a family member could stay in the UK under a visitor visa?? or just generally 180 days each year?

My mother in law is using her visitor visa to come to the UK for the past 3 years. Recently she is planning to separate my wife and me because of her disliking of me. She is now trying to bring/separate my daughter and my wife back to Asia where they belong.

To prevent this from happening further/ perhaps next year, and as she is also having these thoughts to ruin my family, I would just like to ask, is there a set limit/ raise suspicion to the border control, for her to visit this many times throughout the past 3 years? As I have heard in some cases that if you come too often, e.g. 5 months per year, they have a chance of not giving you a visitor visa because of suspicion of work in the UK.

Thank you so much for all your help.

D

vinny

Re: About refusal entry- because of multiple entry each year

Post by vinny » Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:22 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:34 pm

themusicman wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:39 am

I would like to ask is there a set limit for how long a family member could stay in the UK under a visitor visa?? or just generally 180 days each year?

My mother in law is using her visitor visa to come to the UK for the past 3 years. Recently she is planning to separate my wife and me because of her disliking of me. She is now trying to bring/separate my daughter and my wife back to Asia where they belong.

To prevent this from happening further/ perhaps next year, and as she is also having these thoughts to ruin my family, I would just like to ask, is there a set limit/ raise suspicion to the border control, for her to visit this many times throughout the past 3 years? As I have heard in some cases that if you come too often, e.g. 5 months per year, they have a chance of not giving you a visitor visa because of suspicion of work in the UK.

D
She has a right to visit the UK for up to 6 months per calendar year or till expiration of visa (depending on which comes first). Often times, it's the 6 months.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:44 pm

Ticktack wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:34 pm
themusicman wrote:

D
She has a right to visit the UK for up to 6 months per calendar year or till expiration of visa (depending on which comes first). Often times, it's the 6 months.
It is not calendar year. It is 6 months per 12 month cycle.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:51 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:44 pm
Ticktack wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:34 pm
themusicman wrote:

D
It is not calendar year. It is 6 months per 12 month cycle.
That's obviously the best way to phrase it. Thanks. I had a bit of a brain freeze :lol: .
This removes any confusion.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

sam550

Post by sam550 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:20 am

themusicman wrote:

D
So sorry to hear about your situation - that’s typical Mother-in-laws, just inform UKVI that she’s working here lol 😝 maybe someone else can give you better advice but that’s the only solution comes to my mind.

ywlgy

Post by ywlgy » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:47 pm

sam550 wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:20 am
themusicman wrote:

D
So sorry to hear about your situation - that’s typical Mother-in-laws, just inform UKVI that she’s working here lol 😝 maybe someone else can give you better advice but that’s the only solution comes to my mind.
It's not right to assume the mother in law is at fault without knowing the details and tell OP to lie to UKVI.

To OP: You should work this out with your wife. Eventually, it is your wife, not your mother in law to make the decision on whether to divorce. Even if you could stop her from coming to the UK, your mother in law can still act remotely.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

themusicman
Newly Registered
China

Post by themusicman » Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:59 am

Thank you so much for the response everyone.

Yes typical Asian mother, under one child policy.

I think divorce is inevitable. As at the end of the day, most are just after the settlement status.

I hope thats this reality isn't true. But this is what I saw around friends of mine for the past decade....

themusicman
Newly Registered
China

Post by themusicman » Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:17 pm

But I think most of you get what I really meant/

is there a way to subtly, accidentally, make the UKVI refuse my mother in law's visa.

How to trigger this without any suspicious...

-As this is just outrageous. Shes trying to kick my own parents out of my parents flat now, ---and wishing to take away my daughter... isn't this child abduction as well?
-Further, she is demanding me to purchase a flat for her daughter, with her daughter's name and no more.

HELL... Help...

sam550

Post by sam550 » Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:19 pm

It seems like you’re in a strange mess, talk to your wife and try to cut ties with your mother in law, she can’t just chuck out your parents from their own house. It’s a domestic issue so police won’t be interested nor UKVI.

Good luck with everything.