ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Waiting time after submission of documents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

angkoomin
Malaysia

ILR - Tier 5 part of the 5 years?

Post by angkoomin » Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:54 pm

Hi there,

I have been in the UK for 5 years 6 months. My first year was with a Tier 5 visa, and the rest is with Tier 2 visa.

I was wondering if I will need to complete 5 years with Tier 2 visa or the 1 year with Tier 5 can be considered?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR - Tier 5 part of the 5 years?

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:49 pm

Tier 5 does NOT count for ilr. You need 5 years on tier 2 to qualify for ilr
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

angkoomin
Malaysia

Earliest date of ILR application

Post by angkoomin » Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:12 am

Hi there,

I understand that the 5 year clock starts from the date of approval rather than date of entrying the country (as I have enter < 90 days from approval).

Looking through my records, I have 2 separate dates:
1. Old BRP date of issue = 9/11/2017
2. Entry clearance - temporary visa in passport = 14/11/2017

Can I go by using the BRP date?
I do not have the physical old BRP card with me as proof (just a scanned picture) as I have changed to a new BRP a year later due to changing of employer.

Please advice

Thanks

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: Earliest date of ILR application

Post by Ticktack » Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:58 pm

angkoomin wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:12 am
Hi there,

I understand that the 5 year clock starts from the date of approval rather than date of entrying the country (as I have enter < 90 days from approval).

I do not have the physical old BRP card with me as proof (just a scanned picture) as I have changed to a new BRP a year later due to changing of employer.

Please advice

Thanks
It depends on what visa route your on. The conditions vary for different categories.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:01 pm

Ticktack wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:58 pm
angkoomin wrote:
Hi there,

Please advice

Thanks
It depends on what visa route your on. The conditions vary for different categories.
OP is on tier 2 based on posting history.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:18 pm

angkoomin wrote:
Hi there,

Please advice

Thanks
The BRP date
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

angkoomin
Malaysia

BRP information to provide in ILR application

Post by angkoomin » Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:23 pm

Hi there,

I have 2 BRPs as I have changed employers. The 1st BRP was taken away after exchanging it for a new one. However while entering the information for the ILR application, do I:

1. Put the old BRP information as it has the earlier date of issue and tick I cannot provide my BRP
2. Put the new BRP information and tick I can provide my BRP despite it having a later date (which will be less than 5 years when I apply)

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: BRP information to provide in ILR application

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:37 pm

Option 2.

Also, please keep ALL your ILR questions in ONE topic, this one. Topics merged.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

angkoomin
Malaysia

Dependancy - Any other time spent outside the UK and Crown Dependencies

Post by angkoomin » Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:58 pm

Hi there,

I was wondering when applying for dependency, for the 'Any other time spent outside the UK and Crown Dependencies' question, do I just enter the dates after entering the country for example 25/10/2019?

It's a bit confusing with the question 'During any leave granted since 11 January 2018 have you had any absences from the UK?'. As my wife was not living in the UK prior to 25/10/2019, do I need to include 11 January 2018 - 25 Oct 2019 = living in home country?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Dependancy - Any other time spent outside the UK and Crown Dependencies

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:00 pm

angkoomin wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:58 pm
Hi there,

I was wondering when applying for dependency, for the 'Any other time spent outside the UK and Crown Dependencies' question, do I just enter the dates after entering the country for example 25/10/2019?

It's a bit confusing with the question 'During any leave granted since 11 January 2018 have you had any absences from the UK?'. As my wife was not living in the UK prior to 25/10/2019, do I need to include 11 January 2018 - 25 Oct 2019 = living in home country?

Thanks
Your wife is NOT applying for ILR. Why are you adding her to your form SET O??
Char (CR001 not Casa)

angkoomin
Malaysia

Post by angkoomin » Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:06 pm

Thank you for pointing this out. How do I apply for dependency? Is it in the same form?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:08 pm

angkoomin wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:06 pm
Thank you for pointing this out. How do I apply for dependency? Is it in the same form?

Thanks
No it is not. You apply for your dependent on the Skilled Worker Dependent form. Your dependent visa extension questions should be posted in the relevant topic you already have and not in your ILR topic.

uk-skilled-worker-visas/ilr-and-depende ... l#p2090115
Char (CR001 not Casa)

angkoomin
Malaysia

Post by angkoomin » Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:09 pm

I thought the dependancy was the Set(O) partner form?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:13 pm

angkoomin wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:09 pm
I thought the dependancy was the Set(O) partner form?
Set O is the form for ILR, it clearly states this.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -form-seto
Form
Apply online (form SET(O))
Updated 1 November 2018

Use this online form to apply for indefinite leave to remain in the UK in various immigration categories and for a biometric residence permit.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

angkoomin
Malaysia

Post by angkoomin » Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:30 pm

Thanks for clarifying

angkoomin
Malaysia

Documents for ILR

Post by angkoomin » Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:30 pm

Hi there,

I have submitted my ILR application and currently awaiting for the biometric check and uploading of documents.

I would like to ask:
1. Do I just need to provide and upload evidence of what is stated in the checklist? As there is no mention of proof of address in the checklist. Hence is it better to provide more rather than less evidence (Not in the checklist)?
2. If I cannot get a letter from my employer regarding my paid leaves, would the flight tickets and passport stamps be sufficient?
3. If I have uploaded the evidence online, do I still need to bring them to the biometric checks? Or do I just need the passport and BRP to show them?

Thanks

contorted_svy
Diamond Member
Italy

Re: Documents for ILR

Post by contorted_svy » Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:36 pm

1. Do I just need to provide and upload evidence of what is stated in the checklist? As there is no mention of proof of address in the checklist. Hence is it better to provide more rather than less evidence (Not in the checklist)?
Just upload relevant documents, more rather than less won't help

2. If I cannot get a letter from my employer regarding my paid leaves, would the flight tickets and passport stamps be sufficient?

Passport stamps are enough

3. If I have uploaded the evidence online, do I still need to bring them to the biometric checks? Or do I just need the passport and BRP to show them?

No need to bring your evidence to the appointment if you uploaded it correctly
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

angkoomin
Malaysia

Post by angkoomin » Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:41 am

Thank you for the reply.

I have another question regarding passport scanning. Do I need to scan all the pages or just stamped pages?

Thanks

contorted_svy
Diamond Member
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:56 am

Scan all pages.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

angkoomin
Malaysia

Waiting time after submission of documents

Post by angkoomin » Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:01 am

Hi there,

I have applied for super priority service for my ILR application. I received an email that the Home Office within 24 hours that they need another document from my employer regarding my authorised absences and I have provided it to them within 2 hours of the email.

It has been about 5 days now without any reply regarding the process. How long does it usually take in this case? Does the super priority service still apply in this case?

Is there any possible way of getting in touch with the Home Office to get a timeline on this?

Thanks

contorted_svy
Diamond Member
Italy

Re: Waiting time after submission of documents

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:13 am

As they required further evidence your application will no longer be treated as super priority. You will have to wait as long as it would be expected for a normal application.

angkoomin
Malaysia

Post by angkoomin » Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:40 pm

I was hoping to get my ILR sorted so my wife can apply for her PBS dependency Tier 2 extension (as she has only been in the UK for 3 years).

Would it be advisable for me to apply for it straight away (and answer 'No' for the 'Does main applicant already have their Skilled worker visa?' question) or wait for the my (the main applicant) ILR to get sorted?

The visa of my wife will expire on 9th December 2022.

Thanks

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:29 pm

angkoomin wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:40 pm
I was hoping to get my ILR sorted so my wife can apply for her PBS dependency Tier 2 extension (as she has only been in the UK for 3 years).

Would it be advisable for me to apply for it straight away (and answer 'No' for the 'Does main applicant already have their Skilled worker visa?' question) or wait for the my (the main applicant) ILR to get sorted?

The visa of my wife will expire on 9th December 2022.

Thanks
You still have 2 months to play with. If your ILR doesn't come out before that, make sure you apply for her before her visa expires. You need to avoid her becoming an overstayer.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

angkoomin
Malaysia

Post by angkoomin » Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:10 pm

What is the usual waiting time? Is it possible to call them to find out at least the timing?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:35 pm

angkoomin wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:10 pm
What is the usual waiting time? Is it possible to call them to find out at least the timing?
I applied for a priority visa service and I am still waiting for a response. What is happening  ?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice