ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS TIER 2 (general) dependant visa extension with main applicant now a British national

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hassanUK
Newly Registered
Pakistan

PBS TIER 2 (general) dependant visa extension with main applicant now a British national

Post by hassanUK » Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:02 pm

Hi,

I became a British citizen in Aug 2020 via tier 2 (general) route. My wife and son joined me on a tier 2 dependant visa which is expiring on December 31, 2022. I have a few questions about their visa extension if you can kindly help:

1- Can we apply for extension now, considering that its still more than 3 months remaining in the expiry of visas? Official guidance is not clear on how early can one apply.

2- Is it correct that now it will be skilled worker visa category now that tier 2 is discontinued?

3- Please can you guide me to the correct link to make the application from inside UK.

4- What documents will be required for extension?

and a general question in the end:
5- I assume not, but will it make any difference at all now that I am a British citizen, or they still have to apply for 3 year extensions and complete their 5 years to ILR and then nationality?

Many thanks for your help in advance.

Regards,
Hassan.

hassanUK
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: PBS TIER 2 (general) dependant visa extension with main applicant now a British national

Post by hassanUK » Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:44 pm

Hi,
Can anyone help with the above questions please?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
Hassan.

farazk86
Pakistan

Re: PBS TIER 2 (general) dependant visa extension with main applicant now a British national

Post by farazk86 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:33 pm

Hi,

The link to extend your dependants visa is: https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/ ... d-children
  • In the above link, in the apply from within UK (extend or switch) section it states that:
    Your partner or child can apply to extend or switch their visa either:

at the same time as you apply to extend or switch your own visa
    at any time before their current visa expires
    So I assume you can apply at any time. But it would still be better to get a senior members opinion on this.
  • Yes.
  • Posted link above.
  • Mentioned in link.
  • Yes, you are correct, their condition does not change based on you getting citizenship, they will have to continue on their current visa as extension until they are eligible for ILR themselves.

hassanUK
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by hassanUK » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:59 pm

Many thanks sir for your reply.