ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Effect of ILR application on visitor and dependent visas

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

supadhyay
Newly Registered
India

Effect of ILR application on visitor and dependent visas

Post by supadhyay » Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:20 pm

Hi,

I and my wife are in the UK on tier-2 skilled worker and dependent visas from past 2.5 years. I changed my tier-2 visa to global talent visa last year (ending December 2022) and my wife's tier 2 dependent visa is still valid till February 2023. Also, my parents have visitor visas on my global talent visa till December 2022.

I am planning to apply for ILR in August 2022. If I get ILR status in September 2022, will my parent's and wife's visas be valid? or do they need to reapply with me or after I get the ILR status?

Regards
Sam

ywlgy

Re: Effect of ILR application on visitor and dependent visas

Post by ywlgy » Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:20 pm

They will remain valid until expiry.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:34 am

Your dependant's visa will be valid and she can get ILR when she completes her 5 years. Where did you get the idea that a visit visa status is attached to your global talent visa status? :? A visit visa is issued on its own and remains valid until expiry regardless of your circumstances
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

supadhyay
Newly Registered
India

Post by supadhyay » Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:16 am

Thanks for your response.

supadhyay
Newly Registered
India

Post by supadhyay » Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:50 pm

Two additional queries are as follows:
1. Is it possible to apply for ILR for my newborn baby with my ILR application? He does not hold any other visa currently and his passport is in process.
2. Is it possible to apply for ILR dependent visa for my wife with my ILR application? Please note that she can not apply for ILR for the next two years, as she has not finished 5 years in the UK.

Thanks & BR
S.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:36 am

1. Your child is entitled to be registered as British after your ILR
2. No. Her application needs a different form. Note that she must NOT switch to the family route as that will reset her ILR clock. She extends her current visa :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

supadhyay
Newly Registered
India

Post by supadhyay » Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:18 pm

Follow up query on my wife's visa is as follow:

As I mentioned in my first post, I changed my skilled work visa to global talent visa last year (ending December 2022) and however my wife has not switched her visa as global talent dependent, as her skilled worker dependent visa is still valid till February 2023.

Now, I am applying for ILR from my global talent visa. My wife has 2 more years of stay to apply for ILR. Do my wife has to switch to global talent dependent before I apply for ILR, so she can extend her visa after my ILR or she can extend here tier 2 dependent visa after my ILR regardless of my switch from skilled worker visa to global talent to ILR?

Thanks in advance
S.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:04 am

I suggest that she switches to a global talent dependant visa before you go for ILR. Tier 2 does NOT exist anymore

supadhyay
Newly Registered
India

Post by supadhyay » Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:24 pm

Thanks for the suggestion.

My wife's visa is now being switched. After my ILR, I am confused about the right application weblink for my wife's visa extension. I see the following two links:

https://www.gov.uk/global-talent/your-p ... d-children (this link asks that your partner should be on global talent visa not on ILR)

or

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse (I believe, this will reset the clock)

Could you please suggest the right weblink to extend my wife's visa without resetting her clock after my ILR?

Thanks in advance
S.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:59 am

Zimba wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:04 am
I suggest that she switches to a global talent dependant visa before you go for ILR. Tier 2 does NOT exist anymore
You were advised to apply for the gtv dependent visa before you applied for il.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

supadhyay
Newly Registered
India

Post by supadhyay » Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:26 pm

Dear CR001,

For clarification, my wife has got to gtv dependent visa recently as advised. And, now I am in ILR process and expecting decision this week.

Now, I am confused about the right application weblink for my wife's visa extension after my ILR. I see the following two links:

https://www.gov.uk/global-talent/your-p ... d-children (this link asks that your partner should be on global talent visa not on ILR)

or

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse (I believe, this will reset the clock)

Could you please suggest the right weblink to extend my wife's visa without resetting her clock after my ILR?

Thanks in advance
S.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:40 pm

If you are applying for ilr based on gtv visa,the your wife continues to extend as a gtv dependent. An extension will be a 3 year extension.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:01 am

supadhyay
Newly Registered
India

Post by supadhyay » Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:01 am

Zimba wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:01 am
Links are here: https://www.gov.uk/global-talent/your-p ... d-children
Thanks for the link Zimba,

We see the following information while applying for gtv dependent visa extension on the link:
Introduction:
Apply to extend or switch your visa or leave to remain as the partner of someone that has one of the following visas:
Skilled Worker
Skilled Worker : Health and Care Visa
Scale Up
High Potential Individual
International Sportsperson
Global Talent
Start-up
Innovator
Student
Intra-Company Transfer
Intra-Company Graduate Trainee
Temporary Work
Tier 1, 2, 4 or 5
Graduate
Global Business Mobility
You should use this service if you are applying after the main applicant has already submitted their application or been granted leave in one of these categories.

I think, my wife has to enter my ILR detail in partner details however, the above introduction details does not mention anything about a candidate who got ILR from GTV.

Please let me know your suggestion.

contorted_svy
Diamond Member
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:40 am

As you were already advised, she needs to apply for her GTV visa extension before you apply for ILR, therefore she needs to select Global Talent.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

supadhyay
Newly Registered
India

Post by supadhyay » Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:31 am

contorted_svy wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:40 am
As you were already advised, she needs to apply for her GTV visa extension before you apply for ILR, therefore she needs to select Global Talent.
The situation is as follows:
1. My wife switched from tier 2 to GTV dependent two weeks ago based on my GTV. However, we both had visa expiry in December 2022.
2. I applied for ILR and got it last week.

As my wife has her gtv dependent expiry in December 2022, she need to apply for GTV dependent extension now, after my ILR. So my query is that the link provided by Zimba states:

Introduction:
Apply to extend or switch your visa or leave to remain as the partner of someone that has one of the following visas:
Skilled Worker
Skilled Worker : Health and Care Visa
Scale Up
High Potential Individual
International Sportsperson
Global Talent
Start-up
Innovator
Student
Intra-Company Transfer
Intra-Company Graduate Trainee
Temporary Work
Tier 1, 2, 4 or 5
Graduate
Global Business Mobility
You should use this service if you are applying after the main applicant has already submitted their application or been granted leave in one of these categories.

As my GTV is no longer valid now, my wife has to enter my ILR detail in partner details however, the above introduction details does not mention anything about a candidate who got ILR from GTV.

Please suggest if it is ok to go ahead with my ILR details in the above-mentioned weblink.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:00 am

You select GTV for the dependent extension. Her extension is based on your last visa category not your ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

supadhyay
Newly Registered
India

Post by supadhyay » Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:34 am

Thanks CR001,

should I provide my GTV details in the partner detail section of the dependent extension application or my ILR details?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:42 am

ILR
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sakumar1202
Newly Registered
India

Post by sakumar1202 » Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:10 pm

Hi Supadhyay, I am under exact similar situation as you now. Were you able to find the correct link and apply ? Thanks in advance for your help