ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

P60 for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

SkilledWorker
India

Re: P60 for ILR

Post by SkilledWorker » Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:24 pm

Thanks Zimba

SkilledWorker
India

Post by SkilledWorker » Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:39 pm

Hi,

My query is regarding the employer check. I have already applied now. Do I have to prove it to my employer? Or will they be able to check it on own their own? Can I check somewhere that my status has changed to 'applied'?

Also, my spouse has applied with me as a dependant. Nowhere in the application is any mention of her NI number. Will her records too automatically get updated to 'applied' . Or do we need to show her application pdf document as proof to her employers?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:52 am

Here is the guide the employers follow to check an employee's documents:https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... __PDF_.pdf

So an employer should accept this item from list B Group 2:
A Positive Verification Notice issued by the Home Office Employer Checking Service
to the employer or prospective employer, which indicates that the named person may
stay in the UK and is permitted to do the work in question.
That is the place the employer will apply for the positive checks: https://www.gov.uk/employee-immigration ... ent-status

You should ask your employer to follow as per the guide.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

SkilledWorker
India

Post by SkilledWorker » Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:26 pm

Thanks Zimba.

SkilledWorker
India

Post by SkilledWorker » Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:14 am

Hi,

Is there a way I can check the status of my application (i.e.e applied or sections 3c applied etc.) on Employer check service. My employer had requested for ECS check, but now the HR is on leave and I dont know whether they have recived a positive response or not. I can see only my biometric check service (but that is expiring soon).

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:06 pm

Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

SkilledWorker
India

Post by SkilledWorker » Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:11 pm

Thanks Zimba.

This shows the date till the BRP expiry date only.

Not that 'person has applied for ILR or decison pending. etc.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:19 pm

SkilledWorker wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:11 pm
Thanks Zimba.

This shows the date till the BRP expiry date only.

Not that 'person has applied for ILR or decison pending. etc.
Such a service does not exist. There is only ECS that your employer has already used

SkilledWorker
India

Post by SkilledWorker » Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:30 am

Thanks Zimba.

I had applied with 2 dependants. Spouse also working on dependant visa.

Fees has been debited; I have already booked an appointment for Biometric. Just to be sure, there is nothing else needs to be done ?? A bit anxious as visa is expiring and appointment is after the BRP expiry date.

Also, I have received just one Reference number which is like UKVI_XXXXXXXXXXX. Will that be enough for all three of us? (though it has unique application id mentioned in the pdf application).

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:33 am

As you applied before your visa expires your rights are protected under section 3C. The reference number you received should cover all three people as it's one single application, but you can make an enquiry about it if you want to be sure. It's a stressful time but you are doing everything according to the rules.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

SkilledWorker
India

Post by SkilledWorker » Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:24 am

Thanks.

Is there a way/site to confirm that I am not drawing any public funds?

There is nothing I applied for.

But I am not sure of discounts like 'Energy Bill Support Scheme' or similar other discounts will be counted in public funds.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:42 am

SkilledWorker wrote:
Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:24 am
Thanks.

But I am not sure of discounts like 'Energy Bill Support Scheme' or similar other discounts will be counted in public funds.
1. No there is no website.

2. Energy bill support scheme is NOT public funds!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:28 am

SkilledWorker wrote:
Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:24 am
Thanks.

No https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... blic-funds

SkilledWorker
India

Post by SkilledWorker » Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:55 am

Thanks all for replies.

Cohabitation documents of me and spouse should be uploaded against my name or souse's name? Or both ?

Thanks

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:22 am

Does it say on the checklist? My guess would be under your spouse, as she is the one she has to prove she lives with the main applicant (you). But you can always upload them under both names.to be sure
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

SkilledWorker
India

Post by SkilledWorker » Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:42 am

Thanks all.

As a foreign national can I work in Ireland with ILR ? i.e., it wont be counted as 2 years out of UK ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:07 am

SkilledWorker wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:42 am
Thanks all.

As a foreign national can I work in Ireland with ILR ? i.e., it wont be counted as 2 years out of UK ?
No you cannot work in the Republic of Ireland, it is a different country with its own immigration rules and routes.

You can work in northern Ireland only.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:45 am

SkilledWorker wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:42 am
Thanks all.

ILR is only a UK status. It has no legal standing outside the UK. ONLY British citizens are allowed to live and work in the Republic of Ireland without restrictions :!:

Maybe you are confusing things because of the Common Travel Area. Note that the Common Travel Area arrangements ONLY apply to Irish and British citizens. Other nationals do NOT benefit from the Common Travel Area arrangements and so they cannot cross the border into the Republic of Ireland from Britain or vice versa unless they hold valid visas or required permits. Consequently, you do not have any right to live or work in the Republic of Ireland with a UK ILR.

SkilledWorker
India

Post by SkilledWorker » Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:25 am

Thanks Both.

I was getting confused due to CTA. Clarified now.

SkilledWorker
India

Post by SkilledWorker » Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:31 pm

Hi All,

My old Biometric cards had expired in Oct. I have now received new BRP cards after ILR.

Do I need to return even my expired cards also to the BRP office.

Thanks.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:05 pm

If you are returning the BRP from within the UK then send it to: BRP Returns, P.O. Box 195, Bristol, BS20 1BT