ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

GTV endorsement chance for fresh PhD graduates?

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

asarush
Newly Registered

GTV endorsement chance for fresh PhD graduates?

Post by asarush » Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:19 pm

I am a fresh PhD graduate (Sep 2022) from a UK university and have a postdoc offer to start employment after securing a visa. I have 7 journal article publications and over 40 citations so far. I am just wondering if students straight out of PhD have a chance of endorsement from RAEng, and are there any such successful cases that you know of?

I could apply for PSW or Tier 2 visa to start postdoc and apply for GTV later with more experience, but at the same time feel like it's a waste of money (NHS fee). I am still concerned if fresh grads without postdoc experience have a low chance of being endorsed. I would greatly appreciate if someone with experience (or who knows a fellow fresh PhD grad with successful endorsement) can advise me if I should go ahead with GTV application.

Also, what other documents in addition to mandatory CV, recommendation letter and personal statement did you submit to support your application in the peer-review process? Did you merge all supporting documents to a single pdf and send via email?

Thanks!

tttttt
Newly Registered
Russia

Re: GTV endorsement chance for fresh PhD graduates?

Post by tttttt » Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:59 am

Hi replied to you in my post.

As for documents, yes, you need to sent it as an email. Documents were not merged.
Other than what you mentioned I had full list of publications, my award letter, my postdoc offer letter.

Good luck!
asarush wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:19 pm
I am a fresh PhD graduate (Sep 2022) from a UK university and have a postdoc offer to start employment after securing a visa. I have 7 journal article publications and over 40 citations so far. I am just wondering if students straight out of PhD have a chance of endorsement from RAEng, and are there any such successful cases that you know of?

I could apply for PSW or Tier 2 visa to start postdoc and apply for GTV later with more experience, but at the same time feel like it's a waste of money (NHS fee). I am still concerned if fresh grads without postdoc experience have a low chance of being endorsed. I would greatly appreciate if someone with experience (or who knows a fellow fresh PhD grad with successful endorsement) can advise me if I should go ahead with GTV application.

Also, what other documents in addition to mandatory CV, recommendation letter and personal statement did you submit to support your application in the peer-review process? Did you merge all supporting documents to a single pdf and send via email?

Thanks!