ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal visa extension requesting for details adult non-applying independent step-son in another country

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kferdez
Newly Registered

Spousal visa extension requesting for details adult non-applying independent step-son in another country

Post by kferdez » Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:17 am

Hello,
Please I need some help with this issue. I am the spouse of a British citizen currently filling the spousal visa extension in the UK for my myself and my 11 year old son. My spouse was already divorce from his previous wife more than 20 years ago. A section of the online form asks for details of all children ( for my spouse and I) both applying and non-applying. Between myself and my husband I have a son 11years and my husband has 2 adult independent sons (25 years and 33 years respectively. The 25 year old step son is a British citizen currently working in paid employment in the UK while the 33 year old is living and working in paid employment in Nigeria. However, the online form is asking for evidence of the residence of the adult childrens other parents such as utility bills. Also its asking my parental relationship with each child (25/34years old) , evidence of access arrangements to each child (25/34years old) ?
Please, may I know what is the definition of a child in this regards especially if they are already graduates in paid employments, not applying and are independent of their parents ?
What evidence can be provided in this regards ? Does the Home Office expect me to manage these adult Engineer stepchildren ?

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Spousal visa extension requesting for details adult non-applying independent step-son in another country

Post by manci » Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:26 pm

kferdez wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:17 am
Please, may I know what is the definition of a child in this regards
The immigration rules define a child as a person who is aged under 18 years
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice