ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor visa query

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bbdineshkumar
Newly Registered

Visitor visa query

Post by bbdineshkumar » Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:48 pm

Hi,

I am looking for some details about visitor visa.

My parents have got 6 months visa from June 22- Dec 22 and they are currently in UK with us now.

I want them to come back in start of May23 to be me to support me during pregnancy. I have few questions

1. As their current visa end date is dec 22, are they allowed to apply new visa from June 23or is there any way they can get new visa from May 23

2. Do they need to wait 6 months to apply visa or they can apply earlier

3. If I send them back now I.e 2 months before visa expires, the cool off is based on visa end date or day of return?

Can someone please share some details so that they can support me during pregnancy

meself2
Ireland

Re: Visitor visa query

Post by meself2 » Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:57 pm

bbdineshkumar wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:48 pm
1. As their current visa end date is dec 22, are they allowed to apply new visa from June 23or is there any way they can get new visa from May 23

2. Do they need to wait 6 months to apply visa or they can apply earlier
they can apply whenever, but ECO might be alarmed that they "try to make UK their home on the basis of frequent and successive visits" as they say in official guidelines (eg see post2087889.html#p2087889).
bbdineshkumar wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:48 pm
3. If I send them back now I.e 2 months before visa expires, the cool off is based on visa end date or day of return?
as far as I know, requirements are 6 out of 12 months on a rolling basis is maximum time they can spend in the UK as a visitor, so possibly yes
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.