ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Could some see if I have missed anything? spouse extension checklist

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ObbyBobby
Newly Registered
Christmas Island

Spouse visa extension - lengthy absence outside the UK

Post by ObbyBobby » Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:17 pm

Hello, I am preparing to extend my wife's visa at the end of the month but wanted to query whether I would need to provide evidence for some time she spent outside of the UK this year. Her father got sick early in the year and my wife flew to Argentina on 31 Jan. She had originally planned to comeback mid-March but her father's health declined rapidly and he passed away at the end of April. She flew back to the UK mid-May. We could provide a death certificate if needed but I really don't want to upset my Mother-in-law by asking for one (and getting it translated etc) if its not totally necessary.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse visa extension - lengthy absence outside the UK

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:38 pm

No to your question. There is no absence limit or evidence needed for those on a spouse visa
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ObbyBobby
Newly Registered
Christmas Island

Re: Spouse visa extension - lengthy absence outside the UK

Post by ObbyBobby » Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:33 pm

Thanks

ObbyBobby
Newly Registered
Christmas Island

Spouse visa extension - divorce certificate

Post by ObbyBobby » Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:14 pm

I am preparing all of the documents needed for my wife's spouse extension but only seem to have a copy of her divorce certificate (and translation). Is this enough? I *think* that is all my lawyer uploaded when we made the original application but can't be sure.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Spouse visa extension - divorce certificate

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:06 am

ObbyBobby wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:14 pm
I am preparing all of the documents needed for my wife's spouse extension but only seem to have a copy of her divorce certificate (and translation). Is this enough?
Yes
I *think* that is all my lawyer uploaded when we made the original application but can't be sure.
Upload the scanned copy

ObbyBobby
Newly Registered
Christmas Island

Re: Spouse visa extension - divorce certificate

Post by ObbyBobby » Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:02 pm

phew, thanks

ObbyBobby
Newly Registered
Christmas Island

Could some see if I have missed anything? spouse extension checklist

Post by ObbyBobby » Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:21 pm

General
Scans of all pages of mine and my wife's current passports.
Scan of back and front of her BRP
Scans and translations of our marriage certificate and her divorce certificate.
Declarations for Home Office to check info provided
Language
Scan of her A2 Trinity pass certificate
Financial
Letter from employer stating my current salary, length of employment, that I am a permanent employee and how long I have been earning current wage, that payslips are genuine etc etc
Payslips last 6 months
bank statements from last 6 months showing wage deposits.
Accommodation
Land registration document showing purchase of house in 2019
Title register for current address showing that I am the owner - this, inexplicably, I downloaded on August 29th of this year - does this need to be within the last 28 days? I can do it again, if needed, its only £3.
Cohabitation
Council tax from last 3 years - 2 in joint names, 1 in just mine (2020)
6 letters/bills for each of us spread over last 2 years - lots of different sources for both.

My wife went to Argentina in at the end of January this year, she returned early May. She had not expected to stay so long but her father was very ill and died late April. I have explained that in the part of the application that asks about absences from the UK. There is a question though after that asks whether she has lived anywhere else in the last 2 years? I have said no. But should I be saying yes? In relation to her time staying at her mum and dads in Argentina when she was there??

Finally, there is a question about any other HO reference numbers. We have one from the first spouse application 2.5 years ago, do I put that?

Many, many thanks to all who answer and maintain this board, its a huge, huge help.

ObbyBobby
Newly Registered
Christmas Island

Re: Could some see if I have missed anything? spouse extension checklist

Post by ObbyBobby » Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:03 am

I have done the sensible thing and paid £3 for a copy with today's date. Not needed? Who knows but for £3 a no brainer. Any ideas about the rest though? Does it look OK?

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Re: Could some see if I have missed anything? spouse extension checklist

Post by TODMATT » Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:50 am

ObbyBobby wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:21 pm
General
Scans of all pages of mine and my wife's current passports.
Scan of back and front of her BRP
Scans and translations of our marriage certificate and her divorce certificate.
Declarations for Home Office to check info provided
Language
Scan of her A2 Trinity pass certificate
Financial
Letter from employer stating my current salary, length of employment, that I am a permanent employee and how long I have been earning current wage, that payslips are genuine etc etc
Payslips last 6 months
bank statements from last 6 months showing wage deposits.
Accommodation
Land registration document showing purchase of house in 2019
Title register for current address showing that I am the owner - this, inexplicably, I downloaded on August 29th of this year - does this need to be within the last 28 days? I can do it again, if needed, its only £3.
Cohabitation
Council tax from last 3 years - 2 in joint names, 1 in just mine (2020)
6 letters/bills for each of us spread over last 2 years - lots of different sources for both.

My wife went to Argentina in at the end of January this year, she returned early May. She had not expected to stay so long but her father was very ill and died late April. I have explained that in the part of the application that asks about absences from the UK. There is a question though after that asks whether she has lived anywhere else in the last 2 years? I have said no. But should I be saying yes? In relation to her time staying at her mum and dads in Argentina when she was there?? She was just visiting her dad since her intention is currently to live in the UK so this is correct.

Finally, there is a question about any other HO reference numbers. We have one from the first spouse application 2.5 years ago, do I put that? It's not mandatory to include it so if you have it fine otherwise not an issue if you said no

Many, many thanks to all who answer and maintain this board, its a huge, huge help.
Title register is also fine and does not need to be within 28 days old.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.